• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

June 26th can't come any sooner! (Zach LaVine thread)

ATLHawks3

Correct me if I'm wrong, but his vertical leap is higher than Andrew Wiggins!?!

I really don't see him going outside of the 7. LA will take him. He needs to develop. Struggles at finishing. Doesn't like contact. But can move with or without the ball, can shoot, can drive, can defend. He has the potential to be special at both guard positions, just raw. People liken him to J.R. Smith and Russell Westbrook. I got a better name. Potentially J.R. Rider with a great attitude. Just watch.

It's funny, Big Dog is like Jabari but Jabari has a better attitude.

Edited by nbasupes40retired

isaiah rider? so you're saying that he will use up all his athleticism by the time he turns 25? that is part of what happened to rider, right? isaiah was an incredible athlete right out of college. he could have stayed in the game a bit longer if he had a better attitude.

I really don't see him going outside of the 7. LA will take him. He needs to develop. Struggles at finishing. Doesn't like contact. But can move with or without the ball, can shoot, can drive, can defend. He has the potential to be special at both guard positions, just raw. People liken him to J.R. Smith and Russell Westbrook. I got a better name. Potentially J.R. Rider with a great attitude. Just watch.

It's funny, Big Dog is like Jabari but Jabari has a better attitude.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him go that high. He's really athletic and shows flashes of being able to handle the ball.

You wouldn't want LaVine?

I don't know where you got not wanting LaVine from.

You wouldn't want LaVine?

I'd go ape sh!t if we got LaVine.

We never get the players I want........

Aldridge

Paul George

Greek Freak

To name a few

I get sad reading about LaVine cuz we won't get him.

on a side know I keep hearing he wants to play the point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know where you got not wanting LaVine from.

I'd go ape sh!t if we got LaVine.

We never get the players I want........

Aldridge

Paul George

Greek Freak

To name a few

I get sad reading about LaVine cuz we won't get him.

on a side know I keep hearing he wants to play the point

From what you said, I thought you would've wanted us to select another player, with lower potential than LaVine. I agree, we have to just hope he lands to us.

• Premium Member

I know a small forward is probably the ideal position to fill during the draft, but I would keep an eye on Gary Harris. Dude has game, but may slip because of his size. He may be the best player available at 15.

From what you said, I thought you would've wanted us to select another player, with lower potential than LaVine. I agree, we have to just hope he lands to us.

na I was sayin I can't wait for the draft

• Like 1

• Moderators

Where did u get the Jr Smith comparison?

It's just who he is... J.R. Smith was known for insane hops and athletic play out of high school (drafted 18th overall, right where Lavine is projected), but he has subpar BBIQ and is an inconsistent scorer. Although Lavine isn't dumb like Smith, he does make poor decisions on the floor by taking a lot of ill-advised shots and long two's and isn't a great defender. He is a streaky shooter with poor mechanics. That's where the J.R. Smith comparison comes from. Don't be blinded by a 46" vertical. So what if he has an insane vertical and is an athletic freak, that only counts for something in NBA Jam. Give me a guy that understands the game, can play lock-down defense, and is a consistent shooter. I'd take Gary Harris or T.J. Warren over Lavine. As JBH referenced in another thread, Coach Pop said to the effect of that there are a lot of athletes in the NBA, but not too many that understand how to play.

FWIW, I hope James Young falls to us. And I didn't like Schröder in last year's draft and that's who we ended up taking, so your hope for Lavine could come true.

• Like 1