• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Insider info about Horford trade / Cleveland from Hairydawgz

Admin

According to Chad Ford on ESPN he just said that Parker showed up to his Cavs workout at 255 lbs and 12% body fat and shot poorly and Wiggins came in and blew them away and he's likely their pick at #1 now. But Parker was their guy all season so now in my mind maybe they're questioning whether to make that pick or not. If Wiggins wasn't their guy and Parker was but seriously disappointed maybe they'll look to go ahead and move the pick.

Wonder if he would fall at all? This has been a crazy weird week with the top of this draft..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

From Ford's last Insider article. Says Parker was 254 and 11% at his Bucks workout too. This was written right before his Cavs workout.

Dang 254lbs. He's like 30 pounds overweight. He needs to be around 220-225. He's what you do Cavs, you draft Parker. Then immediately send he and Bennett to the biggest loser nba edition. A month of Jillian Michaels yelling at you oughta slim ya down.

He's a business partner with hawks owner Gearon.. They talk basketball a lot and sometimes Gearon shares what offers come thru and what draft plans they have. I'm sure their are things that come thru that Gearon doesn't get wind of, but what he does get wind of, he usually shares with my buddy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are telling the truth sir.....thats cool as hell!

The problem with that is Horford is an unrestricted free agent in 2016. He has choices. A lot of choices. Many teams are preparing for 2016. He can easily be a missing piece to a big 3 like a Bosh. It is a gamble if we stay pat this year. We will be in a similar situation that Minny is in with Love now, next year.

If I'm Al, I'm leaving next year....

He says that he does not want to play center anymore, and he most likely wants to contend. He says that he does not want to play center anymore... So what does Ferry do? He goes and signs Pero Antić.

If I'm Al, I'm leaving next year....

He says that he does not want to play center anymore, and he most likely wants to contend. He says that he does not want to play center anymore... So what does Ferry do? He goes and signs Pero Antić.

Horford need to realize that him playing center is actually a good thing when healthy. Healthy horford is a beast at center with sap playing pf. If we had an actual chance at the ECF this year I'm sure horford will continue playing center.

I get that he could have once complained about not being big enough to play center a couple of years ago but that's not true today. Horford can play center against 90% of the nba. Ferry need to just sign a big like bebe to bring in for those bigger centers.

• Premium Member

Horford need to realize that him playing center is actually a good thing when healthy. Healthy horford is a beast at center with sap playing pf. If we had an actual chance at the ECF this year I'm sure horford will continue playing center.

I get that he could have once complained about not being big enough to play center a couple of years ago but that's not true today. Horford can play center against 90% of the nba. Ferry need to just sign a big like bebe to bring in for those bigger centers.

It's not a good thing if he believes that it's shortening his playing career. Horford and his father are NBA saavy. He knows that his career will be longer if he plays a position that takes him out of the low post. Think about it, it's been 8 years and Horf has not developed a low post offense... but his high post offense is hellagood? His father has groomed him to be a PF. He played second fiddle to Smoove who was a tweener. Now he's playing second fiddle to Sap. As much as we want to believe that Sap is a Sf, he earned his way into the NBA by playing in the midrange and doing PF things. That's why when I see Horf and Sap, I see two PFs. I don't think Sap can guard Sfs on a continuous basis. Moreover, Sap has been made the face of the team. What we are likely to see is Horf traded for a C or SG and Sap left at PF.

Jabari Parker may have "tanked" his workout with the Cavs over the weekend, a source told Chad Ford of ESPN.com.

The "Sorry for Jabari" tanking storyline just took an interesting turn here. Parker reportedly came into the workout weighing in at a hefty 255 pounds, which is well above his listed playing weight of 235. CBS Sports reported that the Cavs are leaning to Parker, but maybe this will dissuade them after last year's massive letdown with out-of-shape Anthony Bennett.
Source: ESPN.com

I understand tanking the workout by not shooting well etc., but How do you 'tank' a workout by being fat though?

I'm guessing the Cavs experience with Bennett being overweight and struggling last season could have played a factor into it.

If Parker shows up to his drafted team around his more normal playing weight, then we will know that he probably tried to screw the Cavs over by trying to make them believe that he was really a fatass.

It is very odd and extreme though.

I'm guessing the Cavs experience with Bennett being overweight and struggling last season could have played a factor into it.

If Parker shows up to his drafted team around his more normal playing weight, then we will know that he probably tried to screw the Cavs over by trying to make them believe that he was really a fatass.

It is very odd and extreme though.

The draft is in 3 days - his workout was over the weekend? Didn't he have his Bucks workout around the same time? How will be lose the weight?