• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Zach Lowe names Hawks as a Top 5 Realistic Destination for LeBron James

GameTime

lol, Lebron didn't have very good or even good talent around him. Mo Williams was DMC level till he was traded to Cleveland and became Teague's level. Jamison was clearly a role player at the time but Cleveland needed more talent. I like what Ferry did in Cleveland with what he got. They won 66 and 61 games there and the teams always fit Lebron. The coaching wasn't up to snuff but at least the fit was there even if the talent wasn't. Clearly, the issue with Cleveland is simply a lack of talent and a great coach. The Hawks plus Lebron has more than enough talent. A lot of players on great contracts (Dennis, Al, Sap, DMC, Antić, Bebe, Muscala, our 15th pick, etc.)

I think Atlanta would be an amazing fit, the only thing I worry about is rebounding like others have said but adding a 7-9 RPG player in the lineup like Lebron helps Sap and Al. I think Sap will likely be traded in the middle of the season if him and Horf fit isn't great. The best thing about the Hawks is their depth in general. One of the strengths with Dennis, Bebe, Antić, DMC, 15th pick, Muscala able to come off the bench. Dennis should be a much better player this upcoming year and Bebe will be a great fit. DPOY in Spain and miss some time due to injury. He is a special NBA prospect and one Lebron will cherish for many years to come.

If this were to ever happen I think it's smarter to start DMC over Korver and let Korver come off the bench.

We don't need more offense in a lineup that has Teague, lebron, sap, horford...we would need a defender and DMC fits that need plus he's a way better 3pt shooter now and probably will improve more over this off season.

If I'm coach bud I would put DMC on the opponents best perimeter offense player that way lebron will have more energy throughout the game. DMC is a very underrated defender add lebron and he's a shut down defender in the eyes of a general nba fan.

Plus on rebounding...since it is a team effort! DMC, Lebron, Sap, Horford would grab plenty of rebounds. All 4 play with a high energy and put a lot of efforts on the boards. Korver puts a lot of effort in trying to rebound too...just good all around effort solves rebounding woes.

If this were to ever happen I think it's smarter to start DMC over Korver and let Korver come off the bench.

We don't need more offense in a lineup that has Teague, lebron, sap, horford...we would need a defender and DMC fits that need plus he's a way better 3pt shooter now and probably will improve more over this off season.

If I'm coach bud I would put DMC on the opponents best perimeter offense player that way lebron will have more energy throughout the game. DMC is a very underrated defender add lebron and he's a shut down defender in the eyes of a general nba fan.

Plus on rebounding...since it is a team effort! DMC, Lebron, Sap, Horford would grab plenty of rebounds. All 4 play with a high energy and put a lot of efforts on the boards. Korver puts a lot of effort in trying to rebound too...just good all around effort solves rebounding woes.

You start Korver simply because his team defense is really good and his impact in our system is greater than any other perimeter player due his ability to move without the ball and his ability to shoot in any situation. Korver is someone Lebron would trive off of.

Remember, Korver team defense is probably one of the best in the NBA for perimeter defenders. It's his man defense was is lacking due to his phyiscal limitations.

Edited by nbasupes40retired
  • Like 2

It's incredible to think how much LeBron could do for the Hawks and the city of Atlanta. I can only imagine what Philips would be like with LeBron playing for the home team. And with all the talk about LeBron's damaged legacy, bringing a championship to Atlanta would do wonders to repair it. It's an almost perfect fit, but at the same time it seems like a complete impossibility. Fun to dream for a minute, though.

I love DMC but I think Korver should both start and end our games for the next few seasons at either the 2 or 3, depending on who we bring in. Korver's shot and off ball movement really opens up the offense and his defense is solid. JYD can hit shots but he doesn't snipe the way Korver does.

Yeah lets just pass on the greatest player in the game today. He's not welcomed here...

Yep honestly I wasn't a fan of Lebron and his whole decision stunt but other than that he's a perfect role model for young fans and stays out of trouble off the court. I'd be absolutely thrilled to see him on the Hawks.

• Like 1

My reason for not being a fan of LeBron: he's good and he's not a Hawk. I would take him on the Hawks in a nano second.

You can't be a true Hawks fan and say you don't want him on this Hawks team.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

My reason for not being a fan of LeBron: he's good and he's not a Hawk. I would take him on the Hawks in a nano second.

You can't be a true Hawks fan and say you don't want him on this Hawks team.

Agreed. I hated Bird, Isiah, Laimbeer, Horry, etc. but if you put them in a Hawks uni, I'd have to love them.

• Moderators

if he was wearing a hawks jersey in that gif, I'd think that was a foul.

It would still be weak. I'd welcome him to Atlanta, though. You don't turn down an MVP talent who is non-problem on and off the court. Of course, the Hawks don't get the option to turn down players like that.

It would still be weak. I'd welcome him to Atlanta, though. You don't turn down an MVP talent who is non-problem on and off the court. Of course, the Hawks don't get the option to turn down players like that.

josh_smith+and+Nelly.JPG

Hawks owner: 'Josh Smith is the closest thing to LeBron James'

"He's the closest thing to LeBron in the league,'' Hawks owner Michael Gearon Jr. said in an interview after the game with FanHouse. "I'm not saying he's LeBron. But just look, he gets assists, he rebounds, he blocks shots. He's a game changer. ... Just look at his stats.''

Smith confirms Hawks' lack of interest during free agency

“No, there wasn’t,” Smith said when asked if there was a contract offer. “During free agency, during that period, there were a lot of guys out in L.A. that were meeting with various teams. I was one of those guys. That’s where I work out in the summertime as well. The only time I saw the Hawks during free agency was when they came to one of my workouts just to say hello. I think they were meeting with Dwight Howard that day. They never came in or sat down with me during the free agency period to offer me anything.”

Their words. Not mine.

Not really. Stretch 4 in Anderson, Defensive PG in Holiday. Scoring SG in Gordon. Young Beastly Big in Davis. IF Lebron went to that team, everybody would be better and they would play good enough defense to stop teams. However, They have GM problems so you don't have to worry about them.

What messes us up is the same thing that messes up Miami... We don't have a real 7 footer who can dominate. We have a Pf who is filling in. Unfortunately for Bron, the only team with Real 7 foot Centers who can make a differece are:

LAC, MEM, N.O., Houston, NY, and BKLYN.

Where do you come up with this stuff...?

Anderson was out almost 3/4 of the season and is coming off of a back/spine injury - hes' only had one healthy season his entire career. Holiday fractured his leg and underwhelmed even when he was healthy, plus the Pelicans don't have a pick this year because of him. Gordon hasn't been right in years and never will be again thanks to his knees. Tyreke has also had an offseason knee procedure.

You really think Lebron wants to go to that team in that city?

• Like 2

• Moderators

I think it is safe to say that:

(a) Josh is not and never has been an MVP talent.

(b) His shot selection is a problem on the floor.

© Gearon is not someone to whom you look for smart basketball analysis. If I recall correctly, he also compared the Hawks playoff success to multiple championship level teams just because we had made the playoffs in the same years in which they had won rings.

(d) The Hawks were wise not to show interest in Josh during his last period as a FA.

In sum, the way the Hawks reacted to Josh being a FA is not a good proxy for how they would/should react to a Lebron James level talent being available.