• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Which Atlanta pro team has the best chance?

Gray Mule

Which Atlanta team is best?  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I tried to post this as a poll but couldn't figure out how to do it

so I'll just ask the question and you will have to post your answer.

Of the four pro teams in Atlanta right now, which one has the best chance

of winning it all and bringing the championship here? The Braves won the

World Series several years ago and the Falcons went to the Super Bowl

once but came away empty handed.

1- Braves - in 1st place by 1/2 game right now.

2 - Falcons - Off season

3 - Hawks - Off season

4 - Dream - in 1st place by 2.5 games right now.

The Dream clearly. They are actually contenders but no one really cares about women's team sports.

If the Hawks could land Lebron, that would be the best roster in Basketball with the Spurs. The talent great exceeds the Cavs and Lebron's PnR's would make Horf a superstar. Sap shooting would spread the floor and our team defense and great shooting spreads the floor amazingly. It wouldn't suprise me if we won 72-75 games with Lebron. I think we can be better than the Spurs but we must have development from Dennis, Bebe, Mike M and our 15th pick.

• Like 1

Not sure why ppl voted for the Falcons, they have a tougher road than the Hawks.

The Braves have been mired with inconsistency for the last two years even with very good talent.

The Dream have been to the Finals like three times over the last four years and looking good for another one.

Super:

So, no one watches the WNBA?

There were over 6000 "nobodies" at their Friday night game.

Several NBA current players have been "nobodies" at Dream games.

Mutumbo is another "nobody" frequently seen at their games.

And, apparently there are enough of us other "nobodies" that watch

on TV that they televise their home games and all their away games

are available VIA the computer for $15.00 per season.

• Like 2

Super:

There were over 6000 "nobodies" at their Friday night game.

Several NBA current players have been "nobodies" at Dream games.

Mutumbo is another "nobody" frequently seen at their games.

And, apparently there are enough of us other "nobodies" that watch

on TV that they televise their home games and all their away games

are available VIA the computer for $15.00 per season.

I love the WNBA but as you can see from Braves and Falcons votes, many people here can care less about the Dream.

• Like 2

Super:

I wouldn't say that it's necessarily fair or nice, but I think the majority of basketball fans prefer to watch games where more than just a couple people in the league are capable of even dunking the ball.

• Like 1

Dirty_Bird:

If dunking the ball is the only criteria for having an exciting game,

then I can see why it's not watched.

I suppose that some of us enjoy watching all the action below the rim.

Ah well. To each his own.

GO ATLANTA TEAMS !!

PS: If they lowered the basket to 8 feet, would that help? If the NBA raised

their basket to 12 feet, that would ruin the NBA, wouldn't it!

Edited by Gray Mule

All 4 franchises are set up very well for the future, sans the Upton, Uggla, and Ryan contracts. Winning 'Ships starts with your Conference or division:

I think the Braves are and will pretty much always be the class of the NL East, so there's always around a 15% chance there.

You're only as strong as your lines in the NFL, so we'll see with these shiny new additions. They have to overcome the fact that Matt is the third best QB in the South. I'm not very optimistic, but Julio can do all things.

I don't know if my Hawks will ever win a 'ship, but we should see a higher level of contention than we have. I have total trust that our regime is good enough, especially in the down East, it's just so hard to shake the ho-hum perception that superstars have about coming here. The reason why we'll never know when they love to party, live, and make babies here.

Clearly it's the Dream, although I cant say I've ever watched a full WNBA game. If we had a hottie like Hammomd or January I probably would've. They need to stop getting blowed out in the Finals, though.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

For now I will stick with the Falcons. Braves have no real aspirations to win the World Series. They are content every year to just make the playoffs. I'll believe the Hawks chances when they learn to get out of the 2nd round. The Dream have the best chance to make to a final. However they can't handle the pressure and always choke.

That leave the Falcons. I am no longer of the belief Ryan can carry a team. If the pieces around can remain healthy and the OL can be decent. He can at least put the team in position. One thing I do not concern myself with is that I believe Ryan can perform at a high level in the playoffs. The pieces around got to remain healthy, OL and Defense only need to play average. Ryan should be able to lead this team to a Super Bowl.

All 4 franchises are set up very well for the future, sans the Upton, Uggla, and Ryan contracts. Winning 'Ships starts with your Conference or division:

I think the Braves are and will pretty much always be the class of the NL East, so there's always around a 15% chance there.

You're only as strong as your lines in the NFL, so we'll see with these shiny new additions. They have to overcome the fact that Matt is the third best QB in the South. I'm not very optimistic, but Julio can do all things.

I don't know if my Hawks will ever win a 'ship, but we should see a higher level of contention than we have. I have total trust that our regime is good enough, especially in the down East, it's just so hard to shake the ho-hum perception that superstars have about coming here. The reason why we'll never know when they love to party, live, and make babies here.

Clearly it's the Dream, although I cant say I've ever watched a full WNBA game. If we had a hottie like Hammomd or January I probably would've. They need to stop getting blowed out in the Finals, though.

In my opinion he is the second best in a division where there is a QB who has plenty of records in the NFL so...
Cam hasn't convinced me, I think that Matt is better than him. What can he really do if his OL sucked and his only reliable option in the offense was an old Tony Gonzalez?

Anyway it's unfair because there is no other division in the NFL with the level at the QB position like the NFCS.

I don't follow the MLB or the WNBA but neither the Falcons or the Hawks are top4 teams and the Dream seems to be

• Moderators

I think it's the Dream with the best shot to win next, essentially because they only have 11 other teams to outperform in their league. While I've been insisting It's Minnesota's World and We're All Just Living In It, the Lynx have shown some chinks in their armor lately. At least for this season, the Dream have a perennial MVP candidate in Angel (as long as she keeps her composure), two frontcourt players who probably would contend for MVP if they didn't have to defer a little to Angel, and several acquisitions that we have yet to see the best of. Plus, they've got a coach that's been-there-done-that-bought-two-championship-T-shirts already.

Teams in the NFL (that know what the heck they're doing) seem capable of bouncing back from down years quicker than teams in other leagues. The Falcons need several youngsters at key positions (especially along the lines) to step up, but many flaws can be masked so long as it's Matt and Julio down by the sandlot.

We've gotten our first glimpse of Bud's head coaching chops and generally like what we're seeing so far, and he and Ferry seem to have a good symbiotic relationship. It's just a matter of whether they're confident that this regime of players are a capable core to develop into contention (with a few strategic additions) or whether it'll be the group of players coming in after the next couple of seasons. Also, the shifting sands of player movement over the next couple of seasons for other NBA playoff contenders could prove beneficial for the Hawks. They move up a spot if the Falcons have to start over with a new coaching staff by next season.

I can't freaking watch the Bravos' offense. As much of a un-fundamental mess as I've seen around here since the 2002-03 Hawks (the 1988 Phillies are my only MLB comparison). I just watch the pitching, and Simmons and Freeman fielding, then rush to change the channel before any Barves dare to grab a bat. Whatever the one obvious thing is that they must do to get on base and advance runners, Atlanta hitters reliably do the exact opposite. And the team seems absolutely self-satisfied in their haplessness. They might Solo Longball and Kimbrel their way to a division title or two, and the farm system remains promising. But I can't see this franchise getting far in the postseason anytime soon, not without a major administrative and management shakeup. Until then, I've got the MLS franchise ahead of them.

~lw3

• Like 1

One thing about the Dream - owners wants results, and does what it takes to get them. In the last four years they were only beaten in the playoffs by the eventual champs - and they are on their 3rd coach in the last two seasons. Imagine what they would do to a coach that didn't make the playoffs. Plus, they have gone after the talent when they've had holes to fill and gotten the "steal of the draft" in 2 (or maybe 3) of the past 3 seasons.

The Hawks are at a stage where they are evolving from one system to another. We are now just past the bottom, I think, of the "rebuilding" stage. They have always been a "respectable" or better team, but never an elite one. I think they have gotten better since the owners now seem to be letting basketball people run the show. But in the NBA it takes a real long time and luck has a lot to do with it.

As for Falcons and Braves - I don't have any real idea and don't much care. I can't wait, though for the Braves to move to Cobb. Will free up traffic on nights when there's a Dream and Braves game.

• Like 1