• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks have to be one of the 3 teams with Kings here

Goots

• Moderators

The three deals would return multiple draft picks and a veteran player to the Kings for the No. 8 pick.

That's the line that really stuck out to me. The rumor with the Hawks involved had just Schröder and our 15th going to them. Not sure I'd want to trade multiple picks and a veteran to Sacramento for the 8th pick.

• Moderators

Phoenix or Chicago might.

Chicago is interesting here. They could look to dump off Boozer for that 8th pick. It's better than amnestying him and eating his contract.

Chicago receives:

SF - Derrick Williams ($6.8 mil/yr, expiring)

8th pick

Sacramento receives:

PF - Carlos Boozer ($16.8 mil/yr, expiring)

16th pick

19th pick

Future pick consideration

Why Bulls do it:

To get out of Boozer's deal and open up room for signing Melo. They eat Derrick Williams contract, but get the 8th pick to draft Taj Gibson's replacement on the bench since Taj would be starting now.

Why Kings do it:

Pick up a viable option for PF in between Cousins and Gay. They also pick up 3 picks, two of which are 1st rounders in a deep draft and 1 that is conditional. Cousins/Boozer/Gay is a stout front court, but they also clear out Boozer & Gay's contracts (totaling ~$35 mil) in 2015. Would become viable players in the 2015 free agency market.

8 is really not that appealing unless someone falls.

Embiid

Parker

Wiggins

Exum

Smart

Randle

I really don't see anything else worth trading up for.

You forgot Vonleh. I have a serious man crush on that kid. He's this draft's "big fundamental".

• Premium Member

My fear is if we move up to secure Dario Saric?

You know Ferry believes in the foriegn players.

Moreover, i think Sactown prolly leaked out that they have these other deals for us to sweeten the pot. #8 is not that appealing and teams like Boston and LAL are thought to be willing to trade their picks if the right deal comes. So all this talk about multiple picks, I don't really buy unless they are talking about 2nd rounders or trading to a team that just has too many first rounders.

8 is really not that appealing unless someone falls.

Embiid

Parker

Wiggins

Exum

Smart

Randle

I really don't see anything else worth trading up for.

I really like what McDermott and Stauskas bring to the table with there abilities to shoot. They are a fit for this system.

Edited by JonKoncack

Chicago is interesting here. They could look to dump off Boozer for that 8th pick. It's better than amnestying him and eating his contract.

Chicago receives:

8th pick

Sacramento receives:

16th pick

19th pick

Why Bulls do it:

To get out of Boozer's deal and open up room for signing Melo. They eat Derrick Williams contract, but get the 8th pick to draft Taj Gibson's replacement on the bench since Taj would be starting now.

Why Kings do it:

Pick up a viable option for PF in between Cousins and Gay. They also pick up 3 picks, two of which are 1st rounders in a deep draft and 1 that is conditional. Cousins/Boozer/Gay is a stout front court, but they also clear out Boozer & Gay's contracts (totaling ~$35 mil) in 2015. Would become viable players in the 2015 free agency market.

The Kings don't have the money to take Boozer contract though.

Chicago receives:

8th pick

Sacramento receives:

16th pick

19th pick

Why Bulls do it:

Why Kings do it:

Sacramento is already deep at PF with Carl Landry, Jason Thompson and even Areggie Evans - they will have to move more than just Derrick Williams to take on Boozer's salary.

Sacramento is already deep at PF with Carl Landry, Jason Thompson and even Areggie Evans - they will have to move more than just Derrick Williams to take on Boozer's salary.

I heard that Areggie Evans is a rebounding pimp.;-)