• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Story of Lacey Holsworth & Adreian Payne

coachx

It's a shame that this went unnoticed by as many people as it did. Thanks for posting anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Great share @coachx, it's always nice to get players you can also like as human beings. Adreian falls into that category pretty quickly.

Sidenote, how long until @Dolfan23 puts some sort of autocorrect for Adreian? I imagine we will have Adreian, Adreian, Adrean, Adriean and probably a few more that I'm not creative enough to spell right now. And then we will have Paine/Payne/Pain. Oh the joys of spelling.

Edited by hawksfanatic

Great share @coachx, it's always nice to get players you can also like as human beings. Adreian falls into that category pretty quickly.

Sidenote, how long until @Dolfan23 puts some sort of autocorrect for Adreian? I imagine we will have Adreian, Adreian, Adrean, Adriean and probably a few more that I'm not creative enough to spell right now. And then we will have Paine/Payne/Pain. Oh the joys of spelling.

Yeah I know I've had to catch myself a couple of times and @lethalweapon3 mentioned it already. Good thing there aren't many Adreian's in the NBA and hopefully most people refer to him as Payne. 

• Like 1

It's a shame that this went unnoticed by as many people as it did. Thanks for posting anyway.

Thank you @Alex  for bringing it up in the draft forum months ago. I though she was a random girl he picked out to go see during the dunk contest before you shared the story with us.

I just wanted to post it on the main board so more would be aware of it.

And damn just realized that @coachx misspelled his name here. His biggest fan misspelled his name twice, once in the title and once in the post #whatupwiththat?

Hey I edited it right after hawkfanatic called me out.

I suck at spelling.

• Like 1

Hey I edited it right after hawkfanatic called me out.

I suck at spelling.

I didn't even notice you misspelled it. I was only talking in generalities above.

The sad thing is that after I put up my post about misspelling his name, I looked at my post again and realized I misspelled it in the post about misspelling the name. Good thing the Hawksquawk Supporter feature lets me edit my posts!

Just call him AP. At leafs that's what he liked when we were busy getting mono.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Just call him AP. At leafs that's what he liked when we were busy getting mono.

I hope we do a lot better in the nickname department than AP.  Using someone's initials is the lazy man's nickname.  

290125294_tp.jpg

"No...call me...GG"

It's really the story of Lacey Holsworth. What a remarkable child. Nothing gets to me like these stories about kids with cancer. RIP

Payne is a classy dude and I'm happy to have him on the team.

Good point.......I was just quoting the AJC's headline.
  • Like 1

Having a daughter that survived childhood cancer I can speak firsthand of the experience.  My daughter was treated at St Jude Hospital in Memphis.......a miraculous place that stands alone.  It is my experience that some people just can't deal with a child facing such a catastrophic illness and to do so takes the greatest courage.  He has my respect and such a huge heart has to be evident on the court. I'm grateful that my child lived, because I knew several parents who were not so lucky. The bottom line is most of what we face in this world is quite trivial compared to such a fight. I'm glad he's a Hawk. 

Very glad to hear this story of your daughter and her survival!