Merged: Hawks trade Bebe and Lou to Toronto for Salmons

GrimeyKidd

Warren will never be able to lock down the paint or be a 3 and D guy like those 2 would be. Not that Warren doesn't look like he won't be a good scorer as he should be, but I just think Dieng and Snell (or Bullock) would be amazing fits on this team.

No, but Warren may be an All Star .......something Bullock and Snell will never be. All they have the potential to be are role players. Placing those 2 in Warren's class is crazy to me. Both Bullock and Snell would have probably gone in the 2nd round in the 2014 draft.

Agree to disagree on the SF position.

I'm with you on Dieng in the 2013 draft though. I really wanted him too.

No way. We will let someone else have him. He would be the highest paid Hawk since Joe. Don't see it happening. Though taking money out of the equation for a sec, last years squad plus Parsons and Horford is intriguing.

I don't want Deng or Hayward so that only leaves Parsons if we want to upgrade that spot and that's gonna mean overpaying to steal him, otherwise Houston will match. I hope it's not 14 million but I bet it's at least 12 million.

Horford and Parsons (and Payne) would be nice adds to last years playoff squad.

• Like 1

Sit back, have a drink and some popcorn, and enjoy the ride folks.

We were on the ride last year.  It turned out about as well as Disney's "It's a Small World" ride at the Magic Kingdom...

• Like 2

@Dolfan23 I didn't realize f000ery wasn't censored. My bad on that. I was expecting the ***

No worries but even though I've tried censoring words I'd still prefer not seeing them. You can make your point without it.

How are we not getting excited about a potential Teague Stephenson korver sap horf lineup?

Hard for me to get excited over having a woman beater on the team but maybe that's just me.

Ferry has made this team's off seasons so much more interesting than Sund and BK ever did, for better or worse, and I'm certainly glad for that. At least you can't sleep on this guy. Staying interesting keeps you relevant. Being relevant and flexible allows for opportunities that otherwise would not be there before.

Sit back, have a drink and some popcorn, and enjoy the ride folks.

Exactly! The ride with Ferry has at least been one full of intrigue and possibilities. Way better than years of WLOC.

IIRC Bebe is still under contract this season with the team in Spain.

I'm sad about it too because not only did i lile Bebe as a prospect bit i actually liked Lou a lot (which, keep in mind, it's different from thinking he`s a good fit for the system). But also because I'm not sure what we tacky have a chance at. It's very likely that neither Melo nor LBJ is coming here. Parsons and Heyward are RFA with strong claims from their current teams that theyll match. Deng may not be as productive he needs to be to warrant the salary he will likely command. Just not really sure where this might even possibly be headed.

As an aside, we can offer Sap an extension in the next few weeks, right? Just wondering if anyone thinks we might try and lock him down.

So basically we're going to sign Deng and a cheap SG to fill Lou's minutes.  4th in the East but 1st in our hearts.  The 2014-15 Atlanta Hawks.

Basically locks us back into the Joe Johnson and Deke era. Good. At times really good. But not good enough. Ugh.

I don't want to go through this again. I though Ferry was smarter than this. He's BK, selling the same pig but with different makeup.

A couple misfits but with an ideal. Smoove and Marvin was the misfits.

Now it's Teague and was Lou but he's gone now so just Jeff.

BK wanted to build this super athletic team that's based off of the Pistons.

Ferry wanted to build this super smart, ball movement and PnR team based off of the Spurs.

This is starting to look all too similar.

I can remember everyday making trade Smoove threads and Diesel made trade Marvin threads.

It's just the same ole story. Just different parts. Ugh...

The anger has creeped in now.

Edited by nbasupes40retired

I'd imagine this move sets up a move at a guy like him

I think we could of signed him(if we actually wanted to) before the trade.

https://twitter.com/JasonWalkerSBN

Jason Walker is not very high on Deng... Saying he is past his prime and even his D is not up to snuff now.

He also mentioned Gasol. He sounds like me at the moment.

I don't think anyone is high on him.  Just seems like the direction we'll go.

Yep he assaulted his gf by pushing her down the stairs. He was convicted of it in college.

That's why I could never get excited about us signing him.

If he's a changed dude i could careless now. It's a dumb thing to do but if you've made changes who am I to judge

https://twitter.com/JasonWalkerSBN

Jason Walker is not very high on Deng... Saying he is past his prime and even his D is not up to snuff now.

He also mentioned Gasol. He sounds like me at the moment.

Deng's shooting has been awful the last 2 years and his defense isn't what it used to be.

I don't see Gasol in our future unless Millsap is traded.

• Like 1