• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Wojo: Deng Strong Candidate for Hawks

PSSSHHHRRR87

Yea, you read articles that showed only one other team other than the desperate Knicks offered him a "max" deal that is if he could manage 2,200 in both his 3rd and 4th year of the contract of course.

he shockingly only managed 682 and 1,466 minutes in those years, likely because of an ankle sprain and not his uninsurable knees.

No, that's not what I read and I think you should re-read it. That article stated that he ALSO had that offer from the Suns. Nowhere does it say he didn't have other max offers as you claimed earlier.

No, that's not what I read and I think you should re-read it. That article stated that he ALSO had that offer from the Suns. Nowhere does it say he didn't have other max offers as you claimed earlier.

Right, so we are going to try and prove a negative here.  We can't prove that Josh didn't mull a thousand offers before he settled for Detroit either because there are no articles explicitly stating so.  We won't take it that only two teams total being mentioned over any decent google search is telling in the least, we will naturally assume that the number was in fact much greater.

Right, so we are going to try and prove a negative here.  We can't prove that Josh didn't mull a thousand offers before he settled for Detroit either because there are no articles explicitly stating so.  We won't take it that only two teams total being mentioned over any decent google search is telling in the least, we will naturally assume that the number was in fact much greater.

I'm trying to get you to prove the argument you made. Did you or did you not say that nobody else gave him a max offer? 

I think Deng may be another smokescreen.  I think Ferry has been really good at keeping things quiet.

For the right price Deng is alright, but I'd rather not have him.  Big reason I don't see us getting him is his 3pt shooting.  He's had a few decent seasons shooting but looks to be on the decline and is a career 32% shooter from deep.  It's no secret this is a huge part of Bud's offense and this is where I see Parsons as more of a fit.

• Premium Member

I think Deng may be another smokescreen.  I think Ferry has been really good at keeping things quiet.

For the right price Deng is alright, but I'd rather not have him.  Big reason I don't see us getting him is his 3pt shooting.  He's had a few decent seasons shooting but looks to be on the decline and is a career 32% shooter from deep.  It's no secret this is a huge part of Bud's offense and this is where I see Parsons as more of a fit.

A big part of Bud's offense is defense, which Deng will definitely bring.  This is definitely a current area of weakness for Parson's and would put more pressure on the other players.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

You guys need to believe in Deng.

Let's understand... You guys are talking about Parsons who is a RFA... and Heyward who probably couldn't get out of UTAH with a Map. Because he's a RFA too.   The Celtics are going to try to give Heyward a large frontloaded contract and UTAH will match.  What exactly are we offering?

Be realistic, Ferry is one thing... Moneysmart.  He's going to get Deng for about 9.5Mil per for 2 or 3 years...  That's it.

Believe in DENG!!

• Like 1

Let's understand... You guys are talking about Parsons who is a RFA... and Heyward who probably couldn't get out of UTAH with a Map. Because he's a RFA too.   The Celtics are going to try to give Heyward a large frontloaded contract and UTAH will match.  What exactly are we offering?

Be realistic, Ferry is one thing... Moneysmart.  He's going to get Deng for about 9.5Mil per for 2 or 3 years...  That's it.

Believe in DENG!!

You're okay with paying a guy 10 million per season when he can no longer shoot and has over 26,000 minutes played? Man I'm glad you don't get to make that decision! 

Believe in DENG!!

Parsons is an UFA.

I like Deng b/c of his defense...........I like Ariza too b/c of his defense. I'll take Ariza's shooting over Deng's better ball handling.

I want a defender who can defend James and George, while also having the respect of the refs to not get a whistle for every ticky-tac foul.

Edited by coachx

Parsons is an UFA.

No according to NBA.com.  

No. 2: Parsons wants to stay with Rockets – Reports surfaced a week or so ago that the Houston Rockets were planning to not pick up the option on rising forward Chandler Parsons, thus making him a restricted free agent this summer. While that move may or may not still take place, Parsons doesn’t want to leave the only NBA organization he’s ever known. Adam Wexler with CSNHouston.com has more:

• Premium Member

Parsons is an UFA.

I like Deng b/c of his defense...........I like Ariza too b/c of his defense. I'll take Ariza's shooting over Deng's better ball handling.

I want a defender who can defend James and George, while also having the respect of the refs to not get a whistle for every ticky-tac foul.

You're preaching to the choir.

I'm a fan of Ariza's also.  2 things though.  I don't know if Ariza was just having a contract year or if this is him... 2nd...  I don't think Washington is going to let him go.

Ya Parsons is a RFA. Just make Morey sweat at least Danny. We will call this "hell week" for the Wizard. Hope Ferry hazes him like he's in a frat lol

• Premium Member

You're okay with paying a guy 10 million per season when he can no longer shoot and has over 26,000 minutes played? Man I'm glad you don't get to make that decision! 

I thought I said 9.5 Million per.  That starts at 9 Million on a 2 yr contract and I believe that the 2nd year ought to have a PO and a TO.

Anyway, He's 29. 

I mean, you might be right... That would be like signing CP3 or D12 or Iguodala or Al Jefferson or Paul Millsap.  No way we pay 9 Million for one of those guys.

• Premium Member

Ya Parsons is a RFA. Just make Morey sweat at least Danny. We will call this "hell week" for the Wizard. Hope Ferry hazes him like he's in a frat lol

Nope.  You don't want to do that.  Morey will take the full 7 days... match and then have us scrambling trying to find what we need.

I thought I said 9.5 Million per. That starts at 9 Million on a 2 yr contract and I believe that the 2nd year ought to have a PO and a TO.

Anyway, He's 29.

I mean, you might be right... That would be like signing CP3 or D12 or Iguodala or Al Jefferson or Paul Millsap. No way we pay 9 Million for one of those guys.

.5 million lol

You can't look at his age as he's played 10,000 more minutes than Ariza and they're both 29.

• Moderators

Nope.  You don't want to do that.  Morey will take the full 7 days... match and then have us scrambling trying to find what we need.

You only get 3 days to match under the new CBA.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

.5 million lol

You can't look at his age as he's played 10,000 more minutes than Ariza and they're both 29.

How many minutes did Karl Malone log in during his career?

How about Joe Johnson?

I'm not tied to a minutes argument, it's worthless. Yeah, I'm worried about his wrist... but I believe if given the chance to join our winning squad, we would get the 2 time allstar version of Deng.  It's funny that everybody is trying to make him out to be old and tired.

You only get 3 days to match under the new CBA.

Oh.  OK.. Well, he takes all 3 days.  Still, there's a lot of movement in a Day of FAcy.

• Moderators

Oh.  OK.. Well, he takes all 3 days.  Still, there's a lot of movement in a Day of FAcy.

I don't disagree, but it also would tie up our entire bankroll if we extended an offer to Parsons.  If you offered him $13M, for example, you would still be $5M under the cap and have the ability to go after some lower priced FAs.

like i said before why dont we talk about nick young he is a very good scorer 1st six man to score 40 5 times since james harden go after him. our starting line up works well together since horford is coming back its even better and we get more scoing of the bench

• Moderators

I am not as high on Deng as Diesel, but I am also not ready to completely bury him either.  He was quite good in Chicago last year and is the same age as Millsap.  He could easily have some good years remaining in him.  He needs to figure out what needs to be done to address the shooting woes the last few years, though, before he will have a standout year again.