• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This trade cleared enough money to trade Horford for Klay / Lee

Admin

There's a $4.2 million dollar difference between Klay Thompson and David Lee and what Al Horford is making. What if there's a real 2 way or 3 way trade (Love to GSW, Al to Minn) on the table that lands us Thompson (with Lee as the salary filler and guy GSW's are wanting to move)?

Source on this is good. Not much more I can say for someone who doesn't post much on here, but figured y'all would be interested.

Trades:

The biggest idea being kicked around is Horford for Klay Thompson. Not sure if I'd want that and neither are they.

Of course we still had the money to do this before the trade but now we can make this trade and still have the same amount open to us that we had before the Lou/Bebe trade. 

Teague

Klay

DMC/Korver

Millsap

Lee

+ 11ish million in cap space to use.  Gives us enough $$ to make a solid run at a guy like Monroe to start at C for us.

Teague

Klay

DMC/Korver

Millsap

Monroe/Lee

I dunno but that sounds like a team that could play some real Budz ball

There's a $4.2 million dollar difference between Klay Thompson and David Lee and what Al Horford is making. What if there's a real 2 way or 3 way trade (Love to GSW, Al to Minn) on the table that lands us Thompson (with Lee as the salary filler and guy GSW's are wanting to move)?

Of course we still had the money to do this before the trade but now we can make this trade and still have the same amount open to us that we had before the Lou/Bebe trade. 

Teague

Klay

DMC/Korver

Millsap

Lee

+ 11ish million in cap space to use.  Gives us enough $$ to make a solid run at a guy like Monroe to start at C for us.

Teague

Klay

DMC/Korver

Millsap

Monroe/Lee

I'd be down with this as well.  Fortunately, I'm not a GM, because I love change for the sake of change.

• Like 1

Teague

Klay

DMC/Korver

Millsap

Lee

Teague

Klay

DMC/Korver

Millsap

Monroe/Lee

That team wouldn't win a championship. 

Well then we should probably just give up now and not try and improve. 

It doesn't matter how much the Hawks improve. They will continue to be a first round exit team. The Hawks are a joke and a speed bump for the NBA.

Edited by Twinblade

What do you think that the Hawks could get back for trading Milsap instead of Horford?

I think Milsap has little value compared to Horford................the Warriors will want a player who can play some C.

Klay Thompson and Adeian Payne are both perfect system fits.

• Like 2

Not a bad move.  I like Klay but I'm not sure if GS would give him up, even for Love.  Not sure about Lee.  He's a good player but we loose even more size at center.

Oh I think they would do it for Love, especially if it gets them out of Lee's contract.  Lee isn't a bad player, actually he'd put up offensively and rebounding wise nearly the same #'s as Al, but he's terrible defensively.  Love isn't any better but he'd bring more balance to the Warriors. 

It doesn't matter how much the Hawks improve. They will continue to be a first round exit team. The Hawks are a joke and a speed bump for the NBA.

hang3.gif

How is the team going to look financially once we pay monroe and klay?

Hard to say since Klay won't be a RFA until next year but assuming we don't re-sign Millsap then we should still be able to stay under the luxury tax. At that point we'd move Lee to PF and still have a good lineup. 

Oh I think they would do it for Love, especially if it gets them out of Lee's contract.  Lee isn't a bad player, actually he'd put up offensively and rebounding wise nearly the same #'s as Al, but he's terrible defensively.  Love isn't any better but he'd bring more balance to the Warriors. 

hang3.gif

I somehow missed that you had the Hawks getting Monroe.  I'd be totally down for this trade if this happened.

Looks like we have another Diesel-Marvin scenario brewing but on a smaller scale obviously. But I do wonder how many trade proposals we will see involving Horford this year. 

And you'd know this how? Since you've been here all of 2 months.  Or do I need to do some digging and find out what your old and likely banned username was? 

But to take your bait, I absolutely do not loathe Horford.  In fact he's one of my favorite players and always has been. That doesn't change the fact that he's lost 2 of the last 3 seasons due to major injuries and that he's going to be a free agent in 2 years. 

• Like 1

I somehow missed that you had the Hawks getting Monroe.  I'd be totally down for this trade if this happened.

That's just a guess as we'd still have about 11 million to spend on another quality FA, before exceptions were used. I don't know if 11 million would be enough to steal him, but it's an idea. 

Depending on other moves, I like this possibility.  Thompson is like Harden but with defense.  Young guy that can light it up and is about to cash in on his talents.  A little time here could determine whether his numbers were inflated due to where he played or if he's the real thing.  Personally, I think he's the real thing.  Mark Jackson got after Golden State to play defense.  You're talking about a guy who averaged almost 20ppg behind Curry and Lee.  In Bud's system, his 41% 3pt. % could mean he'd average more than 20ppg.