• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Which FA will make you happy about this year?

Brotha2ThaNite

Who do you want?  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Moderators

Your standards are ridiculous if you think 33% from 3 is barely passable. I'm not saying it's great but if you can't see that he's gradually gotten better almost every year over the past 7 years and gone from a "benchable shooter to excellent shooter" then I don't know what else to say to you. 

33% from 3 is just under a .500 TS%.  You shouldn't be taking 3's if you can't hit at that rate.  You are wasting possessions.

Yes 7 years ago, when he was 36 years old. Now adjust that for inflation and for Ariza's age and you see a guy well worth 7-9ish million per season. 

I don't mind Ariza at all at $7M.  I hate him at $10M+ as others are predicting for him.

33% from 3 is just under a .500 TS%.  You shouldn't be taking 3's if you can't hit at that rate.  You are wasting possessions.

I don't mind Ariza at all at $7M.  I hate him at $10M+ as others are predicting for him.

On that we agree. I'm not giving him 10+ million. I wouldn't be happy with giving it to Parsons either as he'd be our 3rd best player making the most or 2nd most money on the team. At least with Ariza you don't have to overpay to steal him. 

• Moderators

At least with Ariza you don't have to overpay to steal him. 

I'm not certain about that.  We should be talking to a LOT of wings this offseason trying to match price point and talent.

I'm not certain about that.  We should be talking to a LOT of wings this offseason trying to match price point and talent.

Let me clarify. You don't have to overpay to steal him from a team who own his rights. There's zero doubt you'll either have to do that or give up assets via SnT for Parsons and Hayward.

I agree we should be talking to as many wings as possible, but once the 1st one signs that could set a price point for them where the others will expect it. I'd rather jump in early and get the guy we want as cheap as possible before the market is set for us.

• Moderators

Let me clarify. You don't have to overpay to steal him from a team who own his rights. There's zero doubt you'll either have to do that or give up assets via SnT for Parsons and Hayward.

I agree we should be talking to as many wings as possible, but once the 1st one signs that could set a price point for them where the others will expect it. I'd rather jump in early and get the guy we want as cheap as possible before the market is set for us.

If we could sign Ariza for $7M I would do that today and get it done.  If the price point for Ariza is similar to Parsons, I'd rather have Parsons.

• Like 1

If we could sign Ariza for $7M I would do that today and get it done.  If the price point for Ariza is similar to Parsons, I'd rather have Parsons.

I don't think it's that black and white for me as it depends on what else we do. If we're putting Monroe in the middle then I want a strong wing defender to pair with DMC. Parsons isn't that guy. 

And I'd be more than willing to go to 9ish million for Ariza on a 2-3 year deal. I don't think Parsons will take less than 12 and that's too rich for my blood. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

Ariza at $27M over 3 years is at my point of queasiness because I don't think he can take this team to the next level and his salary could prevent us from getting someone who could.  I like the odds a lot better of Parsons stepping up his production to an impact level.

At the end of the day, there are a lot of moving pieces for Ferry so I will be interested to see where we land after this offseason.

You just don't give up do you?

The thread is about FA - Lin is not. Stop trying to derail the thread - you've created your own multiple Lin threads.

Getting extremely annoying. Like the more he posts it the better the chance Lin comes here....

• Like 1

Ariza at $27M over 3 years is at my point of queasiness because I don't think he can take this team to the next level and his salary could prevent us from getting someone who could.  I like the odds a lot better of Parsons stepping up his production to an impact level.

At the end of the day, there are a lot of moving pieces for Ferry so I will be interested to see where we land after this offseason.

The 2016 off season is when Kevin Durant is a UFA. B/c of that fact I'd rather over pay a guy for 2 years then to sign him on a "better" 3 year deal. 

Cap flexibility is useless if your not attractice to FAs. My goal would to be a competitive  playoff team, while maintaining cap flexibility for summer 2016. Its going to be tough to dump salary that off season b/c everyone will be after both Durant and Westbrook as UFAs. Horford already falls off our the books that same season.

Seeing that blue print makes a 2 year deal to Deng make more sense....of course I'd prefer Ariza for 2 years but think the Wizards will over pay to keep Ariza and Gortat with their core.

Edited by coachx

We don't need Deng, we need a Center so Monroe.  We already have Mike Scott, Carroll and Korver.  We don't need a wing player, we need a Center for better rebounding, Defense and more Low Post scoring.  Did I mention that Monroe is only 24?

I voted for Chandler Parson b/c I believe this team could use better scoring/shooting from the SF position.  I am concerned about roster space to accommodate another big.  No need for Greg Monroe if Payne has a back to the basket game. Monroe would only be duplication at that position.  Really need a rim protector that Monroe has not been.

Another free agent I wish we could get/fit Shaun Livingston.  He is a game changer, provides position flexibility and finally seems to be healthy again.

IMHO

• Premium Member

Josh Smith, with an electric ankle monitor that shocks him whenever he shoots outside the paint.

I like this.  Josh and Jennings will be on the trading block.

• Like 1