Which FA will make you happy about this year?

Brotha2ThaNite

Who do you want?  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest BraveHawk

I voted for Greg Monroe but it would really have to depend on what the Hawks would have to give up to get him.  Also, I wanted to put Lebron James but I honestly think that is not a real possibility (but, it would be great if it was!).

• Like 1

I'm on the Monroe train. He may need some work on defense (like other players in the NBA) but his offensive game is scary. He absolutely dominates inside the paint. Has a great post-up game and spin move that he uses to attack the rim with intensity. Another thing I noticed when watching him is that whenever he receives the ball inside the paint there is pretty much always two guys drawing in on him and usually a third guy as well, yet he still scores. Having 2-3 defenders draw in on Monroe in the paint means some wide open Hawks shooters! The other thing is that Monroe also hasn't really played under the greatest of coaching staffs; imagine the type of player he could become under our staff. Play him next to Horford and BAM the Hawks can beat a team from behind the arc or from close range.

Greg Monroe playing center next to Horford at PF. That makes me happy to a small degree. Adding Deng is cool. But trading for Lin is special.

You just don't give up do you?

The thread is about FA - Lin is not. Stop trying to derail the thread - you've created your own multiple Lin threads.

I'm still engineering the Lance Train. Love him or hate him, the kid is instant entertainment, besides the fact he has one of the hardest dribbles for a wing in the league and can pass and board like nobody's business. Young, dynamic, should be relatively cheap due to his reputation, lots of upside.

I wish there could be some type of technical foul provisions and stipulations for off-the-court transgressions built into his contract, though, although I'm the last person to comment on contractual matters. I wouldn't even try to follow the CBA and players association, but if anyone deserved his contract to be incentive-laden for good conduct and restrictive for bad, its him. Either way, get it done, Ferry. Throw in Monroe.

Edited by benhillboy

• Premium Member

I know Lance has issues but him and Monroe together would be ideal.

Teague/LS/DMC/Al/Monroe with KK/Mack/Payne/Scott/Antić/Dennis off the bench

• Moderators

Any of them could make me happy, it would just depend on the contract they receive. 

I agree they are all price dependent (unlike someone like Lebron who I would be thrilled to get at any price) but if you assume they are all available on the same caliber of deal then I would be most excited by Monroe and Parsons.

• Like 2

I agree they are all price dependent (unlike someone like Lebron who I would be thrilled to get at any price) but if you assume they are all available on the same caliber of deal then I would be most excited by Monroe and Parsons.

So you're saying that you don't care about defense I see... 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

So you're saying that you don't care about defense I see...

If we get Monroe we need the best possible wing defender to help DMC lock down the perimeter. So Hayward would be my second choice..for age and Deng is the more realistic option of what might be available Edited by turnermx

If we get Monroe we need the best possible wing defender to help DMC lock down the perimeter. So Hayward would be my second choice..for age and Deng is the more realistic option of what might be available

Hayward isn't a beast at defense. The best wing defender in free agency is PJ Tucker, and he could be cheap.