• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Peachtree Hoops: Hawks' players react to Lou Williams' trade

Hawksquawk

• Squawkers

20140501_ajl_sg8_259.jpg.0_standard_400.

Jeff Teague and Al Horford are missing Lou Williams already.

The signing of Lou Williams with the Hawks was a lovely homecoming for the Atlanta native. But his career here was short-lived, and with the trade to Toronto now official, some of the more vocal of his Hawks teammates have reached out to say they'll miss him.

Meanwhile, Lou's just enjoying some chicken and waffles as of Monday afternoon, perhaps taking the trade in stride. Good for him and the best of luck.

View the full article

Haven't you heard, Canada only has whale blubber and moose to eat

BTW, Happy Canada Day!!

Haha I have no idea actually that could be true for all I know. But I bet they don't have good ole southern fried food! 

Here ya go Cap, on your special day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf3e9Cl1-Bs

Kind of depressed myself, honestly. I took some pride knowing that Atlanta had one of its own in Josh and Lou on the court, and now they're both gone. Josh needed to go for sure because of the IQ issue, but I feel like Lou just got some bad luck with the injury and then unfortunately didn't fit the system that was put in around him.

Hope he blows up in TOR. Wish nothing but the best for that guy. Hope he winds up posterizing LBJ 37 times this coming season and getting a major contract next offseason.

Drank a little extra Scotch for you tonight, Lou. Top notch guy.

• Like 3

Yeah I'm a huge Lou fan and have been since his South Gwinnett days.  Played against him in high school, etc but he's obviously not the player he once was post-injury.  Hopefully he gets back up to speed in Toronto after going out for a rip.

I absolutely wish him the very best. I remember being excited when we signed him and if it wasn't for his injury I have no doubt he would still be a balling for us. Feel really bad about the injury and hope the change of scenery will help him bounce back. But with that said, it was a good move for all parties IMO.

• Like 2