• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

LeBron holding us all hostage

sturt

Baseball and basketball don't work the same though. In basketball, it is going to be really hard to build a serious contender if you are giving him the max. Baseball, you can just throw money at whoever you want, basically. I don't know the cap rules in baseball well, but I know you can definitely throw around huge contracts without it severely handicapping your team. In basketball, it does. It is selfish.

Nothing is wrong with going for the money though as long as you know that it will hold your team back.

no its not that difficult actually. Rose has a true max, kobe has a true max, harden and howard have max contracts. All contenders. Lebron is better than every single player in the league by a wide margin. His max should be on another level than his peers. Him accepting a max like melo and other stars is a paycut in itself. Dont hate the man for seeking compensation for the amount of responsibilities given to him.

I mean he was getting paid the aame as bosh and wade lol. Wade played 28 less games than him for crying out loud.

If we got rid of korver and freed up another 7 mill for true max. Teague, lebron, horf, millsap is a championship contender just because lebron is here.

• Like 2

Oh and he has a net worth of 250 million dollars...he made 70 million last year. I don't think he needs a break. Yes, he is selfish for demanding the max and taking flexibility away from him team.

how do you feel about kobe's 48 mill extension over the next 2 seasons? A kobe that wont even sniff the consistent production of lebron

• Moderators

James and Gang told Riley that they will give him some time to fix the roster. I'd be surprised if Lebron, Wade, and Bosh are signed before next Tuesday.

And Lebron/Melo would be stupid to go out west. The East is an easier conference.

As for us, I'd give until after we have a chance to speak w/ Lebron/Melo. Then we can go after Monroe, Deng, or whomever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Admin

how do you feel about kobe's 48 mill extension over the next 2 seasons? A kobe that wont even sniff the consistent production of lebron

That was the Lakers fault.  He doesn't deserve that. 

It is not about what Lebron deserves.  Yes, he is the best player in the league.  There is no doubt about it.  However, he is putting getting paid more money then allowing his team to go out and get better players.  

After the big three and Ray Allen who took a massive paycut...Miami has a terrible team.  Here is a chance for them to go and get better players to surround the big three.  Lebron should embrace that (he has made his money and will still get a very sizable contract).  However, by saying I want the max then he is saying I value getting more money then I need then you going out to get better players to surround me with.

• Premium Member

James and Gang told Riley that they will give him some time to fix the roster. I'd be surprised if Lebron, Wade, and Bosh are signed before next Tuesday.

And Lebron/Melo would be stupid to go out west. The East is an easier conference.

As for us, I'd give until after we have a chance to speak w/ Lebron/Melo. Then we can go after Monroe, Deng, or whomever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We can go after them or anyone else, but I'm just sayin... every FA naturally wants to have as many competitors for his services as possible. DF can move on, but it takes two to tango, and their agents all going to wait on LeBron to sign so that they can have as many bidders as possible.

• Moderators

I thought about that, and wrote a post to that effect before, but it's occurred to me that Parsons isn't likely making any move, either, until it's clear what LeBron has determined he wants to do... am I wrong?

Parsons can freely wait until he is offered a deal that he isn't guaranteed to get if he passes on it.  In other words, if we offered him 4 years and $50M but put a deadline on it then he would have to make a choice before Lebron makes his move.  He can choose to wait and hope that type of offer is still out there for him or that Atlanta doesn't sign Deng or Ariza or someone else who would prohibit that move or he can accept it.

If you go after him with your top dollar offer and a time limit or viable threat to pull the offer if you reach agreement with Deng or someone else, then it puts him in a position where he can't rationally sit on the sidelines and wait for Lebron.  He has to #$#*& or get off the pot.

• Admin

Parsons can freely wait until he is offered a deal that he isn't guaranteed to get if he passes on it.  In other words, if we offered him 4 years and $50M but put a deadline on it then he would have to make a choice before Lebron makes his move.  He can choose to wait and hope that type of offer is still out there for him or that Atlanta doesn't sign Deng or Ariza or someone else who would prohibit that move or he can accept it.

If you go after him with your top dollar offer and a time limit or viable threat to pull the offer if you reach agreement with Deng or someone else, then it puts him in a position where he can't rationally sit on the sidelines and wait for Lebron.  He has to #$#*& or get off the pot.

I don't know if I want to go 12+ million but I agree to your point ... thats how you get Parsons.

• Premium Member

Hmmmm... I get the gamesmanship, but I just don't see the artificial deadline thing working in this situation with that group of players... can't really ready to pass on Parsons if that's your guy, imo... there's enough of a separation between players, and I think Parsons' agent recognizes that for what it is.

I think the old saying goes "A Bird in the Hand is worth two in the Bush"?  I agree - Unless, Ferry has some really good information that James is truly considering signing with the Hawks (which, would totally shock me!) I think they need to proceed on to Plan B.

Plan B doesn't sell either.  

Oh and he has a net worth of 250 million dollars...he made 70 million last year.  I don't think he needs a break.  Yes, he is selfish for demanding the max and taking flexibility away from him team.

Plus he just made 30 million or something off of the sale of Beats by Dre to Apple. 

Quick question, if you make an offer to Parsons are you also able to offer essentially the same capspace to option B? I always thought the offer process forced you to negotiate as if "offered" dollars were gone.

You can make as many offers as you want but as soon as a RFA accepts the offer, the money is tied up for 3 days while the team that owns his rights decides to match or not. Unless you do a SnT and get it over with more quickly. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

So could the Salmon contract be used to trade for him so Houston can have enough cap room to sign Melo? That may be part of DF's plan

Parsons won't be cheap enough to use the Salmon contract.

So could the Salmon contract be used to trade for him so Houston can have enough cap room to sign Melo? That may be part of DF's plan

For Parsons? @hawksfanatic said that it can be used to take back as much as 10.6 million in return with the 150% + 100k rule, which may or may not be enough to get Parsons.

I encourage everyone here to read his article as he breaks down our current situation and options better than anyone.

http://hawksquawk.net/community/topic/395498-peachtree-hoops-hawks-clear-major-cap-space-with-lou-williams-trade/

• Moderators

Per CBSsports, James' agent to meet with Suns, Mavs & Rockets without him. WTF for?

James isn't taking them seriously.  He knows the East is the easier conference and his best shot at getting another ring is in South Beach.  I'd be surprised if he shows up to any of the meetings considering how much talks he's already had with Riley and Miami.  He isn't leaving.  Melo is the big fish that has a real possibility of leaving.

I have zero interest in Lebron if he is truly seeking the max.  He has no-showed, at key moments, way too many times to even think about spending over 1/3 of our cap on him.

Straight lunacy here.

He's a 4x NBA MVP and a 2X NBA Finals MVP

He's easily the best player in the leauge.

You spend 1/2 of your cap space ( if it were possible ), if we could bring Lebron to ATL.

For Parsons? @hawksfanatic said that it can be used to take back as much as 10.6 million in return with the 150% + 100k rule, which may or may not be enough to get Parsons.

I encourage everyone here to read his article as he breaks down our current situation and options better than anyone.

http://hawksquawk.net/community/topic/395498-peachtree-hoops-hawks-clear-major-cap-space-with-lou-williams-trade/

great read.  You have to think DF has any such situation on his radar.  That would be sweet. 

• Like 1