• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Pacers low balling Lance Stephenson

coachx

This is ridiculous. While a DUI is serious, I don't think Budenholzer was guilty of anything, unless I'm reading that report wrong. Stephenson on the other hand has legitimate concerns about his behavior. I want Stephenson on this team, but don't try to use Budenholzer to make him look better.

I'm not doing anything to make Lance look better.   It's simply an illustration of how someone can take something, and exaggerate it to a point to make someone look real bad.  And just because "facts" are reported, that doesn't mean that you can exaggerate them to a different level.

The bottom line is that despite what Lance did 3 and 5 years ago, he hasn't had any incidents ( that we know of ) nearly on that level.   Him being an irritant on the court is nothing.   There have been plenty of irritants throughout the history of the NBA.

As fans, we truly don't know how much Bud likes to drink, and if he had frequently gotten behind the wheel of his car while impaired before his arrest.  But because he got arrested for DUI . . does that make him a drunk?

It is what it is to me.   Neither guy got convicted or disciplined because of what they did, so it's safe to assume that neither situation was as large as it was portrayed to be ( or could've turned out to be ).   Hopefully, both guys learned valuable lessons from those incidents.

Lance hasn't had anything come up in 3 years, other than goofy antics on the court.   And Bud hasn't had any GA State Troopers pull him over on suspicion of him being drunk.

With all do respect northside...... I'm not concerned with hypothetical what ifs.

I'm familiar with DUI trials...... Married to a Assistant DA. DUIs with border line BA % are normally plead down to wreckless driving.....especially when the reason for being pulled over was a tail light being out.

• Like 1

Well Lance hasn't beaten or essentially raped a woman in 3 years. I guess that's a good thing.

It is. Why not kill him, or better yet end your NBA.tv subscribtion so you never have to see the man.

You cant live life like this and you cant run a business like this.

Edited by DS17Fanboy

Man I swear I really don't recognize the person you've come back to the community as. 

I'm sure you've never gotten behind the wheel of a car after having an alcoholic drink.  I'm not as good of a human being though so I can understand the situation Bud was in.

I can say though that I've never and would never put my hands on a woman. I was just raised to be a better man than that. 

I've done both.  I've definitely driven impaired before.   Not flat out drunk, but definitely after a few beers ( although I haven't done it 15 minutes after having a beer ).

And I've put my hands on a woman one time in my life.  Actually speared her like Goldberg . . after she threw a glass ash tray at me . . missing my head by inches . . when she got mad at me for about to go to the SEC Tournament with my friend.   

She had the flu and wanted me to stay with her.   But our tickets and hotel room were already paid for, so I didn't want to back out at the last minute.  She had one of her hissy fits ( which I always ignored ), grabbed that ash tray, and hurled it at my head.   She barely missed me, but it made me snap for a few seconds.  So I speared her like Goldberg.

I had never put my hands on any woman like that.   After screaming in her face and calling her a crazy b--ch, I saw the fear in her eyes.   That was the first and last time I ever did that to a woman.  I never wanted to be pushed to that point ever again, and haven't been since.  I leave women alone at the first sign of "crazy".

Now does that make me a woman beater, because I speared a chick?   I guess if she had called the police on me, I would've been arrested for battery, even though she wasn't hurt, and tried to hit me first.

It is. Why not kill him, or better yet end your NBA.tv subscribtion so you never have to see the man.

You cant live life like this and you cant run a business like this.

Live life like what or run what business like what?  And don't worry I don't watch Lance play. 

I've done both.  I've definitely driven impaired before.   Not flat out drunk, but definitely after a few beers ( although I haven't done it 15 minutes after having a beer ).

And I've put my hands on a woman one time in my life.  Actually speared her like Goldberg . . after she threw a glass ash tray at me . . missing my head by inches . . when she got mad at me for about to go to the SEC Tournament with my friend.   

She had the flu and wanted me to stay with her.   But our tickets and hotel room were already paid for, so I didn't want to back out at the last minute.  She had one of her hissy fits ( which I always ignored ), grabbed that ash tray, and hurled it at my head.   She barely missed me, but it made me snap for a few seconds.  So I speared her like Goldberg.

I had never put my hands on any woman like that.   After screaming in her face and calling her a crazy b--ch, I saw the fear in her eyes.   That was the first and last time I ever did that to a woman.  I never wanted to be pushed to that point ever again, and haven't been since.  I leave women alone at the first sign of "crazy".

Now does that make me a woman beater, because I speared a chick?   I guess if she had called the police on me, I would've been arrested for battery, even though she wasn't hurt, and tried to hit me first.

I'm not gonna say that makes you a woman beater but I don't condone that. I've had women throw stuff at me many times, hard to believe since I'm such a sweet and nice guy I know, but I've never gone after them. If I did my dad would come after me and knock me on my ass. 

But you also didn't basically gang rape a girl either did you? And after you "speared" her, you didn't then grab her by the head and slam it into a wall did you? 

With all do respect northside...... I'm not concerned with hypothetical what ifs.

I'm familiar with DUI trials...... Married to a Assistant DA. DUIs with border line BA % are normally plead down to wreckless driving.....especially when the reason for being pulled over was a tail light being out.

No doubt.

Now ask her about domestic assault cases . . . in which the female doesn't press charges.  Not out of fear of the man, but because when she really looked back on it, the situation really wasn't that serious.

I'm not at all condoning what Lance did.  But Dol is making like he's a serial rapist and deliberately tried to kill his girlfriend by pushing her down the steps.

Lance basically had to do community service for the incident that occurred when he was in high school.   And the girl nor the police pursued the battery charges 3 years ago, despite her being "pushed" down a flight of stairs.

I'm actually on the side of forgiveness.  I don't hold it against Bud for having something to drink, and thinking that he was good enough to drive.  Millions of people, including myself, have done that in our lives.   Just understand that the consequences of getting into an accident while impaired, is just as great or heinous as hurting your significant other when you get into an altercation.

But there are levels of forgiveness that normally occurs when those actions don't cause someone to be seriously injured or die   He has his stance against domestic abuse, but is more forgiving of DUI . . despite DUI killing more people.

Can't act like domestic violence is an inexcusable excuse, when a DUI accident can change lives in an instant.  Treat them alike.  But understand the circumstances around them.

I'm not gonna say that makes you a woman beater but I don't condone that. I've had women throw stuff at me many times, hard to believe since I'm such a sweet and nice guy I know, but I've never gone after them. If I did my dad would come after me and knock me on my ass. 

But you also didn't basically gang rape a girl either did you? And after you "speared" her, you didn't then grab her by the head and slam it into a wall did you? 

I don't condone me spearing her either.   But it did happen in an instant.   

As far as Lance "gang raping" a girl, it's like I said a few weeks back.  They were all high school kids when that happened.  And high school kids do dumb stuff sometimes.   High school boys grabbing at female parts and an actual "gang rape", are pretty two different things.   But go ahead and put them in the same category.   Lance got a few hours of community service for the "gang rape".

And no, I didn't slam her head to the ground ( seriously doubt Lance did that either, despite the report ).  What I did do, was walk out of the house without my packed clothes, went straight to my boy's house, and immediately went to ATL for the tournament.   I had to buy clothes when I got to the city.

Didn't talk to her for an entire day, despite her calls.  I eventually called her the next day and apologized, and she did the same.   Still didn't make her less crazy.  We broke up 6 months later.

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises

I cited West and Bird first and you chimed in with them failing to "corral" him.....on the court.  There is little about him on the court that needs corralling, there is little to question about his actual game explicitly implied or not so the natural assumption has to be that this is yet again a question of his behavior.  "locker room" fights got nothing to do with the court but you brought it up.  The first was an on the sideline confrontation that George Hill instigated and they were separated but Lance is the "woman beater" so of course that has to be his sole fault.  How cameras, fans and reporters missed that display of fisticuffs?  I don't know, but don't f*** with the legend that is Lance.  The Evan Turner incident?  Turner was the one dragged off the practice court by teammates, DNPed through most of the playoffs and dropped by the Pacers like a bad habit at the start of free agency but Lance is the "sexual assaulter" so again, he needs to be "corralled".

This is what I'm pointing out.  Take any lil incident and fill in the blanks with their own opinions and half truths based on past events and worse, attempt to trump them up all while downplaying other activities and crimes.  You don't like him for the off the court stuff but recognize that he's a talent on it?  Perfectly fine with me and entirely respectable.  You want to say that you don't think he's enough of a talent on the court yet are citing his off the court jacket as the basis for this opinion but claiming that it is only "icing".....Not fine with me but aye, do you.

Ok, sir.  We've gotten to 'agree to disagree' time on this one.

Well... this went a little off the rails (though I do appreciate people opening up, no sarcasm. The world is too cold and distant for my tastes).

On topic, I'd hesitantly offer Lance 4 years, $44M and hope that he's past his issues. His on-court antics don't bother me in the least, honestly, and he's an awesome player. But his off the court stuff is pretty awful. BUT, it's in the past unless all of the stuff about him destroying the locker room this year is true. For some reason, I don't really believe it, but what do I know.

He's not my first choice at all and it'd be hard to root for him at first. I guess he could make for a nice redemption story.

• Like 2

Well it's not going to happen so it doesn't matter.  Making an offer to Lance would be akin to throwing your whole plan (and many of your players who won't want to put up with those antics) under the bus.  Whether DF is a smart GM is still up for debate - but he's not THAT stupid.

I don't know the laws in Georgia, but refusing the test is a automatic suspension of your license in Ohio. The reason his blood level went down was because he went to the hospital on his own several hours after being pulled over.

There is no defense for that in Ohio; nor is there a defense for driving without insurance; that is a automatic suspension as well. Now Bud has money and money talks; but us regular folks would be up the creek without a paddle on the license issue.

Edited by Buzzard

I don't know the laws in Georgia, but refusing the test is a automatic suspension of your license in Ohio. The reason his blood level went down was because he went to the hospital on his own several hours after being pulled over.

There is no defense for that in Ohio; nor is there a defense for driving without insurance; that is a automatic suspension as well. Now Bud has money and money talks; but us regular folks would be up the creek without a paddle on the license issue.

Refusing the breathalyzer is an automatic suspension in Georgia, too, along with points on your license that stick even if you don't end up being convicted of the DUI. I want to say the suspension is 90 days, but don't quote me on that.

There are ways around it though. You can apply for a provisional license of sorts that allows you to drive to work, school, etc.

Edited by WakaFlocka

Wow . . . just wow.

http://www.cbs46.com/story/21812706/2012-domestic-violence-deaths-in-ga-report-released

128 people killed in Georgia due to domestic violence in 2012 . . which is 10th highest in the nation.  Probably tens of thousands of other women ( and a few men ) were injured due to domestic violence.   About 1,200 women die from domestic violence every year.   That's horrible.

http://www.madd.org/blog/2013/november/2012-drunk-driving-fatalities.html

301 people killed in Georgia due to drunk driving accidents in 2012.   Probably tens of thousands of other people injured in drunk driving wreks.   About 10,000 people die from drunk driving wrecks every year.  But according to you guys, that's not as bad.

Once again . . in the Lance case, his girl was treated and released for her injuries.   And Lance, while being arrested, was not prosecuted for this incident.

Bud was arrested and charged with DUI.  He refused a breathalyzer test, which could've solidified that he was drunk ( and a smart move if indeed he was drunk ).   Despite being arrested, he has not been prosecuted for that crime ( as of right now ).

DUI is too often confused with vehicular homicide. If someone dies, that is murder. If someone is pulled over and had a beer or two, that is a midemeanor.

The "people could have died" excuse can be applied to anything. A DUI is nothing compared to getting mad, thinking about it and then assaulting a woman or child or anyone for that matter. That is a pre-meditated (usually sober) decision to harm someone.

And DUI is not "drunk driving" as it can be attributed to cough meds or pain killers or anything that impairs driving.

Bud's DUI was nothing. Nobody got hurt. He might lose his license for a while. The two are not even on the same planet in a legal sense.

I wonder if Pacers are ready to let him walk now.

They just signed CJ Miles for 4 years at $18 mill. Assume they used their MLE for this.

Per Marc Stein's twitter, the Pacers are engaging PHX in attempts to get Dragic or possibly Bledsoe.  SnT Lance?  CBA-guys, can it happen?

Per Marc Stein's twitter, the Pacers are engaging PHX in attempts to get Dragic or possibly Bledsoe.  SnT Lance?  CBA-guys, can it happen?

Yep they could probably fit either of them in and still be just under the luxury tax but they might have to dump a small contract, depending on what Bledsoe's new contract would be or if they took Dragic. I definitely don't wanna see either of those guys upgrading the big weakness in their starting lineup though. 

DUI is too often confused with vehicular homicide. If someone dies, that is murder. If someone is pulled over and had a beer or two, that is a midemeanor.

The "people could have died" excuse can be applied to anything. A DUI is nothing compared to getting mad, thinking about it and then assaulting a woman or child or anyone for that matter. That is a pre-meditated (usually sober) decision to harm someone.

And DUI is not "drunk driving" as it can be attributed to cough meds or pain killers or anything that impairs driving.

Bud's DUI was nothing. Nobody got hurt. He might lose his license for a while. The two are not even on the same planet in a legal sense.

You know you can kill yourself while drinking and driving, right?

Amazing how some of you are trying to diminish the seriousness of drinking and driving, and not having it being at least equal to domestic assault.   All of these people that kill themselves or others while drunk. 10,000+ deaths a year and hundreds of thousands of injuries.   Property damage.  Loss of a job if you get your license taken away and can't get to work.  All kinds of things can result from a DUI, even if you don't kill somebody.

All kinds of things can happen while you're impaired from alcohol . . . including domestic violence.