• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Amin Elhassan on Thabo Sefolosha's deal

Reggie2555

Just thought that it would be interesting to here a Front Office's perspective about the Thabo Sefolosha deal.  If any has Espn Insider can you post this please.  http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11174687/breaking-dirk-nowitzki-new-contract-other-free-agent-signings-nba?ex_cid=InsiderTwitter_Elhassan

• Moderators

I'm glad we have him, just wished it was a cheaper deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$4 mil for Sef is a steal deal. If we sign Deng, we'll have a solid defense and 3pt shooting at 2/3 guard. Every player on the team has the capability of making 3's. Still need to fill the void of backup center (Jordan Hill). Would also like it if we some how got more offense for the bench. JJ Redick would be cool, but I wouldn't mind signing Rodney Stuckey to cheap deal either—2yr/$7 mil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87

I'd LOVE Jordan Hill as a backup center. That would probably be my favorite signing so far for ANY team. He's fantastic offensively and at least serviceable defensively. Problem is he's probably going to get offered around $8m per, and I don't think we can afford to commit that much to him.

• Like 1

I'd LOVE Jordan Hill as a backup center. That would probably be my favorite signing so far for ANY team. He's fantastic offensively and at least serviceable defensively. Problem is he's probably going to get offered around $8m per, and I don't think we can afford to commit that much to him.

Well we can definitely "afford it" at this point - and who is to say -  he might just be our starting center.

He is young and strong (and a Georgia fella) and hasn't been injury prone.  He seems to have a body that is kinda normal for a 6-10 guy (meaning he isn't tasked with putting on weight at 235 already)...not going to take the league by storm but should be a competitor every night.

Edited by DJlaysitup

Well we can definitely "afford it" at this point - and who is to say -  he might just be our starting center.

He is young and strong (and a Georgia fella) and hasn't been injury prone.  He seems to have a body that is kinda normal for a 6-10 guy (meaning he isn't tasked with putting on weight at 235 already)...not going to take the league by storm but should be a competitor every night.

You're right, technically speaking we CAN afford it at the moment given that we have double-digit cap space. What I meant was that I'm not sure it would be wise to give up $8m of our cap for a backup center.

Now, if he was going to be a starting center that might be different because $8m is not bad at all for a starter. The issue with that though is that we have no evidence that he can play starter's minutes. The most minutes per game he ever played was last season and that was only 21 mpg. Given his style of play I don't know if his body would hold up playing 32+ mpg.

Then again, given the preposterous amount of 4s and 5s we have on the roster at the moment, maybe Coach Bud could work out a rotation that keeps his minutes under 30 per game. Now if only he could figure out how to do something like that. I wonder if there's another team in the league known for keeping their starters' minutes under 30 per game that Coach Bud could look to for guidance. Hmmmmmmmm...

I wouldn't mind Hill as a back up center.

Pretty sure this is the only thing we've ever agreed on in our many years here. Don't let it happen again.......

• Like 2