• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lebron "queen" James

IheartVolt

Well the ESPN "expert" dude is saying that possibly Lebron is struggling with either letting down CLE or MIA...obviously the only thing for him to do is pick neither (therefore mitigating their pain to a degree) and move on to a team that is under the radar...like the Hawks.

• Like 2

• Moderators

I'll agree with that.

Like Kevin Durant.

Or Tim Duncan.

There are attention w#$#*&s in every age and guys who care more about focusing on the game.  MJ lived for the game and crafted his image off the court around that very successfully but he never had a hold-out or anything like that even when he was getting paid basically the same as Toni Kukoc 9 years into his career or when he took a pay decrease with the Bulls 8 years in.  He got his during his last uncapped years but never flirted with another team.

His retirements were also completely unlike Brett Favre's desperate, attention-seeking behavior.  He burned out twice (gambling, father's death, etc.? the first time and post-championships the second) and rekindled his passion and returned twice.   

I don't see any reason to compare him to Lebron.

These guys are individuals who are not all wired the same.

• Like 3

Or Tim Duncan.

There are attention w#$#*&s in every age and guys who care more about focusing on the game. MJ lived for the game and crafted his image off the court around that very successfully but he never had a hold-out or anything like that even when he was getting paid basically the same as Toni Kukoc 9 years into his career or when he took a pay decrease with the Bulls 8 years in. He got his during his last uncapped years but never flirted with another team.

His retirements were also completely unlike Brett Favre's desperate, attention-seeking behavior. He burned out twice (gambling, father's death, etc.? the first time and post-championships the second) and rekindled his passion and returned twice.

THANK YOU!!!!!

Or Tim Duncan.

There are attention w#$#*&s in every age and guys who care more about focusing on the game.  MJ lived for the game and crafted his image off the court around that very successfully but he never had a hold-out or anything like that even when he was getting paid basically the same as Toni Kukoc 9 years into his career or when he took a pay decrease with the Bulls 8 years in.  He got his during his last uncapped years but never flirted with another team.

His retirements were also completely unlike Brett Favre's desperate, attention-seeking behavior.  He burned out twice (gambling, father's death, etc.? the first time and post-championships the second) and rekindled his passion and returned twice.   

This. Perfect.

• Premium Member

There's a part of me that is wondering whether he's going to wait to reveal this live at the half time on the World Cup Final in Brazil since he's made a big deal about his going to it. And, you know, ESPN has a nice big set already there...

• Like 4

There's a part of me that is wondering whether he's going to wait to reveal this live at the half time on the World Cup Final in Brazil since he's made a big deal about his going to it. And, you know, ESPN has a nice big set already there...

He'll probably announce it earlier but I'd expect a half-time interview with ESPN.  The only reason he won't announce it on live TV is due to the "decision" debacle.

He'll probably announce it earlier but I'd expect a half-time interview with ESPN.  The only reason he won't announce it on live TV is due to the "decision" debacle.

I think he'll announce it on his app or website or whatever, all while not realizing that'll come across worse than the "decision".  This year is worse than 2010 IMHO.

I think he'll announce it on his app or website or whatever, all while not realizing that'll come across worse than the "decision".  This year is worse than 2010 IMHO.

There are a number of ways I think he handled it better:

1) Told the GM he was leaving in person, before letting the world know.  That's the right way.

2) Didn't schedule a live TV event to make the announcement.  Let it go through media channels first.  Interviews will come later.

What sucked is how long all of this took.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Let's understand what this means.  Last year Cleveland had Luol Deng at the SF and they barely did anything.  I don't think Lebron can turn the franchise around. by himself.  If they had Mark Jackson, it would be a different story though.

Lebron can pretty much turn that team around by himself.

Lebron >>>>>>> Deng

Adding Lebron + Wiggins = Contender (at the least for the EC)

Edited by AHF
  • Like 1

Let's understand what this means.  Last year Cleveland had Luol Deng at the SF and they barely did anything.  I don't think Lebron can turn the franchise around. by himself.  If they had Mark Jackson, it would be a different story though.

There is a difference between Deng, who was playing the last year of his contract out ready to leave (and declining I might add) to the best player in the world, who wants to be there. Overrating Deng here, I guess because he is a target, like we are overrating Sef because he is a Hawk. If Sef signed with the Raptors, none of us would blink an eye.

The dump known as Atlanta needs some hope also!

I agree, but he's their hometown kid who was always expected to bring them a championship. That's where he should have been all along. Edited by ag82