• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Carlos Boozer [Update: He was amnestied]

Ebert

Boozer was tough to watch last year... But I loved him in Utah and even his first few years in Chicago.... if he can go back to that he can be huge for us.

Boozer is great when he attacks the rim and uses his mid range only when he has to.

Why would you trade Millsap?  Boozer would be a one year player and maybe two at most.  

Because he's a free agent after this season and I doubt he signs another team friendly deal after being an All-Star last year and we could go with Boozer and Payne at PF for the season while adding assets to maybe one day get someone worth signing long term.

Edited by PacManLogoFTW

Which teams can really make a decent offer? I mean, those who can bid at least 3M without cutting important players or renouncing to valuable free agents...

Maybe there aren't more than 6 teams or so

If you could trade Boozer after acquiring him with a bid, then I'd be all for it. But you can't and other teams know this. So the Hawks without Boozer would actually have more leverage in a Millsap trade than the Hawks with Boozer. Seems counter-intuitive, but it is how the world works.

And if you're trying to sign someone long term, well why not sign an All-Star? A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Like every single player under Sloan, he's a shell of himself without him. There are lots of advanced metrics that suggest he was better than Bulls fans gave him credit for, but I don see a need for him here. I want Mike Scott "who!" Mike Scott to get all his minutes.

Like every single player under Sloan, he's a shell of himself without him. There are lots of advanced metrics that suggest he was better than Bulls fans gave him credit for, but I don see a need for him here. I want Mike Scott "who!" Mike Scott to get all his minutes.

This cracked me up

• Like 2

I've been saying in a couple of threads, including this one, after striking out I'd be really surprised if Ferry didn't throw a bid in just to add a solid player. He's a shell, but if he's our backup PF on the cheap, that's fine. It would push Payne and Scott minutes down however. In fact, could spell trouble for Scott.

I think Charlotte might outbid us though. Having lost McBob and a Rookie on deck, they actually need a starter.

Edited by MrNique

Boozer averaged 17 and 10 per 36 last year. I think we could do worse at the backup Pf spot for a one year 3-5 million deal.

Not to mention I'm sure in this offense and under Bud, his shooting would get better.

• Like 1

Payne isn't ready and would be nice to have another option to start if the injury bug starts biting again.  I support bringing in Boozer on a $4-5 mil bid.  That would be the same we paid Elton Brand.

Payne must the stunk it up today. I see Dennis getting crapped on too. I didn't see the game. I am about to watch the replay soon.

I want Scott next season... but how the hell he hasn't been overpaid yet? His agent must be bad, because he should get a good contract in that crazy FA...

FA still early considering it basically started late due to Lebron.