• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Atlanta Hawks "Pride" Jersey for 2014-2015

MrNique

If that's it, I wont buy a jersey this year... I hoped for a sleved red with pac and without any blue...

Before sleeved-bashing starts, yes I prefer playing sleeved and it's definitely better to wear on the street...

Go down to your local tattoo parlor and get some sleeves then! :)

• Moderators

As you can see, the Hawks were listed in the “Pride” category. The NBA released a few “Pride” jerseys last season, including a Pistons jersey that read “Motor City” across the chest, and a Trail Blazers jersey that read “Rip City” across the chest as well. The purpose of the alternate jerseys is to pay homage to the heritage of the city, and that means the Hawks could have a new alternate jersey that has ties to the city of Atlanta.\

It is easy to assume that those “Pride” jerseys will likely have the “Pac Man” logo on it, utilizing the re-brand in a big way. The NBA has announced that the “Pride” jerseys will have sleeves this season, so those opposed to the sleeve movement won’t be happy.

Not only is there a new alternate jersey in the works, but there is a report that the Hawks will have new shorts this coming season as well.

If it happens and it wasn't dropped, this would be very cool.  Would probably say "Hotlanta" across the chest and would be a sleeved jersey.  Hope it happens.  I'd definitely would be interested in a Korver Pride jersey.

• Moderators

looks like a bad Photoshop to concern fans. Pride not dropped

It doesn't even have the Hornets jerseys inserted and those were released over a month ago.  I believe the sleeved jersey are still a go.  I really wonder what wording will be used across the chest if Portland had rip city and Detroit had Motor City.  Hotlanta is the only nickname that comes to mind.

It doesn't even have the Hornets jerseys inserted and those were released over a month ago.  I believe the sleeved jersey are still a go.  I really wonder what wording will be used across the chest if Portland had rip city and Detroit had Motor City.  Hotlanta is the only nickname that comes to mind.

Most likely Hotlanta or A-Town.

looks like a bad Photoshop to concern fans. Pride not dropped

It's the yearly Adidas catalog and it's not a Photoshop as bad as it may look. Here it is in its entirety and an ESPN link spotlighting this year's changes before the catalog was leaked. Pride dropped. 

The catalog was revised and sent out the day before the Hornets jerseys were officially unveiled thus blank placeholders. The sleeved jerseys are still a go and Portland has already revealed theirs.

• Like 1

I personally love the Black jersey, Black lettering, trimmed in white Hawks jersey I got last season.

So if "Hotlanta" or "A-Town" replaced "Hawks" on the front of that jersey, that would be great. Even put the updated Pac logo on it somewhere.

A sleeved jersey in this style would be very popular as well.

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises

No "Hotlanta" on jerseys ever. ever. Not ok.

I second that. The term 'Hotlanta' is never used by people ITP nor people OTP. 

If they were serious about this whole pride thing, they would have 'Atlana' across the chest. 

Edited by HalfHawk