• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Korver and Millsap in action tonight.

Dnice

• Moderators

#firstclass

~lw3

• Like 2

Besides PG, his family, the Pacers and it's fans, You would have to think how Rose also felt? I mean, you have to think he is second guessing himself playing for team USA right now having experienced injuries, just getting back healthy, then had to watch a teammate go through something.

PG is one of my favorite players. I remember going to the game in January when we blowed them out, that kid was the only one still grinding until the final whistle like he didn't even know the score. He lives and dies with every play. It makes me confident he'll stop at nothing to make a return. We've seen grotesque injuries like this before, but never with such a high-profile athlete with his best years ahead. Here's hoping he gets the absolute best treatment and some state-of-the-art-type reconstruction. Luckily he had a shin sleeve on or it could've been a Kevin Ware type of scene.

On a Hawks note though, another forward spot is now open, and I knew my boy Kyle would have a nice showing. DeRozan showed some flashes, but of course you could tell KD was the main man out there. There was so much talent out there, for the game to end on that note was such a sad day for USAB and NBA basketball. F$&k.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

I never liked his antics but no player deserves an injury like this. I hope it's not a career ending stuff. Can't fathom his return it the next two seasons, but I'm no doctor, so who knows? Get well, PG. We'd rather beat Indy with you on the court.

• Like 2

The doctor reported "no ancillary damage", I'm guessing that means surrounding tissues and arteries and what have you. As clean a break as you could have I guess.

Well that would be good news.

• Moderators

Curious about Jeff Teague's participation in this exhibition event next Saturday. No major opinion either way, just curious where Jeff is leaning at this point about playing in it.

BuAO41ZCAAE2Ggd.jpg

http://www.indycornrows.com/2014/7/31/5958043/knox-indy-pro-am-ready-to-end-summer-play-in-style-with-paul-george

Indiana Fever assistant coach and Knox Indy Pro Am founder, Carlos Knox has kept the top hoopers in the area busy the past several summers with various showcase games featuring NBA and college players, most with local ties. Lance Stephenson has been a frequent player dating back to the lockout season when he went to work getting his game ready for prime time.

Knox plans to send Stephenson off to Charlotte with a big finish, bringing in Paul George to join the game on Aug. 9 at 3p.m. ET.

"The Purdue-IU Rivals Rematch game last week was a lot of fun for fans, and we saw some great basketball" said Knox, "but the finale will be even better. It's kind of a Paul George/Jeff Teague Playoff re-match and Knox Indy Pro Am appreciation night for Lance Stephenson all wrapped up in one exciting package!"

PG wraps up USA basketball training camp on Friday with their showcase game and then is off until Aug. 14 when the team works out in Chicago prior to an exhibition game against Brazil. That leaves PG plenty of time to swing through Indy for the Knox game.

But will he bring some more friends?

According to the Knox folks, they expect PG, Lance, Jeff Teague, Chris Copeland, Reggie Jackson and Jordan Crawford. The actual players showing up for these summer games is always a little sketchy, but with all of the friends PG is making during his USA basketball workouts (*cough* KD *cough*) he may be able to coerce a few more big names to join the fray. As Brian Windhorst reports, PG has been doing work with Durant and James Harden in Vegas, so why not move the action to Indy?

~lw3

I don't see how someone didn't notice the chance of injury with the stantion being so close to the baseline. All those world-class coaches and basketball people there. I don't know where it was placed in past years in international play or if that's where it usually is for UNLV and college, but with the chase-down block being en vogue now more than ever, NBA players come down at the spot where George landed pretty regularly. 2 feet 2 inches closer is a big difference.

They say they were waiting on a "statement" from USAB on the issue. I would think this incident is enough for every organized basketball gym around the world to look into the distance and construction of those things. People calling it a freak accident, it was not. With bigger, faster, more explosive players, it's natural for them to find themselves further out of bounds. I think we see some more sweeping changes, like moving the cameramen back and moving the court side seat idiots back as well.

On another side note, Plumlee was balling.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

• Moderators

Curious about Jeff Teague's participation in this exhibition event next Saturday. No major opinion either way, just curious where Jeff is leaning at this point about playing in it.

BuAO41ZCAAE2Ggd.jpg

http://www.indycornrows.com/2014/7/31/5958043/knox-indy-pro-am-ready-to-end-summer-play-in-style-with-paul-george

~lw3

That decision has been made for Jeff, fortunately.

~lw3