Eating Crow

benhillboy

Against the Bucs. I know you guys are riding high right now but don't let it get to your head. Just 5 days ago things looked completely different vs the Benals.

Not talking bout the team...speaking specifically about the debate about Calvin and Julio.

Not talking bout the team...speaking specifically about the debate about Calvin and Julio.

But it's not a debate though. I know how home team glasses can make you see a player in the best light possible, but there's never been another receiver like Calvin. Only player I can think of even close would be BMarsh and he's way behind because of his inconsistent hands. 

No doubt that Julio is a top 5 WR and there's nothing wrong with that but y'all are nuts thinking he's on the same level of Megatron.

• Moderators

No doubt that Calvin is on his way to being top 5 WR all-time and there's nothing wrong with that but y'all are nuts thinking he's on the same level of Jerry Rice this early in his career.

Just helping out on this.  sun_bespectacled.gif

Edited by AHF

This is an awesome article though where Julio claims he's the best. Great qoute by Robiskie (another former Dolphin). But just being compared to Calvin is pretty damn impressive and someday he may be considered better. 

http://bloggingdirty.com/2014/06/21/julio-jones-claims-hes-best-wide-receiver/

“You’re talking about a vertical, explosive guy who… Julio moves the earth when he runs. People don’t realize that. When Julio passes by you, the ground is shaking. That’s power, that’s speed, that’s explosion. I love Calvin. I coached Calvin in the Pro Bowl. But the only guy I’ve ever been close to that’s powerful and explosive like Julio Jones is a guy named Bo Jackson. And I coached Bo for about three, four years with the Raiders. Bo, that’s the only other guy that I’ve been around when he passes you, the earth was shaking and the breeze went by. You knew Bo just passed you.”

post-5-0-24894000-1411158116_thumb.png

Just helping out on this.  sun_bespectacled.gif

Not sure the point. Jerry Rice is the greatest WR but he's not the most physically gifted and he couldn't do things that Calvin can. There's never been a WR with his combo of everything that he's got. I'd absolutely put him in the top 5 of all-time and though his stats will never match those of Rice, he's certainly be considered to be as dominant. 

But it's not a debate though. I know how home team glasses can make you see a player in the best light possible, but there's never been another receiver like Calvin. Only player I can think of even close would be BMarsh and he's way behind because of his inconsistent hands.

No doubt that Julio is a top 5 WR and there's nothing wrong with that but y'all are nuts thinking he's on the same level of Megatron.

It's not a debate to u bc I'm sure u don't watch much of Julio but this is not about my fandom, I'm calling it how I see it.......alvin is targeted more than any receiver in the league year in year out. No his fault but that does help get those gaudy numbers. The last full year they both played in 2012 Calvin had 205 targets to Julio's 129....that's almost another year of targets for Calvin. Now 2013 with roddy not taking targets away from him he was on pace to break that record set by Calvin. There is nothing Calvin does that Julio can't do...Julio consistently beats doubles just like Calvin. He takes over games just like Calvin. Makes amazing catches just like Calvin. Calvin's numbers are better but that's not a separation in talent as much as it is in team philosophy.....wrote that in another thread but thought it should be here too

It's not a debate to u bc I'm sure u don't watch much of Julio but this is not about my fandom, I'm calling it how I see it.......alvin is targeted more than any receiver in the league year in year out. No his fault but that does help get those gaudy numbers. The last full year they both played in 2012 Calvin had 205 targets to Julio's 129....that's almost another year of targets for Calvin. Now 2013 with roddy not taking targets away from him he was on pace to break that record set by Calvin. There is nothing Calvin does that Julio can't do...Julio consistently beats doubles just like Calvin. He takes over games just like Calvin. Makes amazing catches just like Calvin. Calvin's numbers are better but that's not a separation in talent as much as it is in team philosophy.....wrote that in another thread but thought it should be here too

Find me a single unbiased (like I am and the poll above is) source where the majority of people agree with you. Just one. I understand your fandom of the guy and he's great, but I and most people who aren't biased don't agree with you. I mean he'll the NFL experts were split on him VD AJ and neither are on Megatrons level.

Gil Brandt straight up said Julio was better, then there was an article on bleacher report backing up what Brandt said. I never said Julio was better I just have stated over and over again that it's closer than you're trying to make it. Julio is like 4 years younger as well, so in the next 3 years I believe Julio will be better than Calvin and better than anyone else in the league.

Julio is like 4 years younger as well, so in the next 3 years I believe Julio will be better than Calvin and better than anyone else in the league.

I don't think Julio's gf/wife would go that far. You really think Julio will be better than Calvin? I started coming to the Falcons forum about a week ago for the first time. Wish I hadn't ..lol..but keep on truckin.

• 2 weeks later...