Eating Crow

benhillboy

I'm talking about with extra cheese and hot sauce on that b&@ch. I thought we had no chance of winning that game, the Drew Brees fan I am, but in hindsight I should've known that Matt and Mike would probably beat the 85 Bears in the Dome, they've beaten everybody else.

I'm not the hugest Matt Ryan fan, but the widespread hate of him in this town just shows how unknowledgable they are: the kid's career arc is damn near identical to Peyton's. He now has (if they stay healthy, knock on the finest wood) 9, count them, 9 respectable weapons around him. I wasn't expecting much of anything from Hester, Smith, Toilolo, or Freeman (although I was aware of the buzz around him). They all made game-changing plays. And what can you say about Julio. He has bad or average games and still posts 100 and we win. I don't think you can say that about any other receiver, even Johnson or Green. Speaking of receivers I've never heard of Brandin Cook, I know who he is now. I thought it was Steve Smith until I saw the highlights of him with Baltimore throwing Pac Man like a bouncer out the scrip club.

The defense is still a work in progress to be sure, but you gotta love the big-play moments and the ball skills of our secondary. Hopefully Matthews won't be out too long, he was looking real solid. Let's Go.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

• Moderators

I was praying Julio's fumble wasn't going to cost us, but I was absolutely blown away by Matt Ryan's play. The guy looks like a different QB out there. He never use to be able to move like that and big props to Mike Tice and his offensive line. That really is the biggest win from the offseason. Carimi, Asamoah, and Matthews are all offseason wins. And Devin Hester... WOW.

The defense still has its moments that make fans pull out their hair. We have got to get better on 3rd down. Pass rush needs improvement, but Jackson and Soliai have drastically improved our run defense. The second half was much better than the first, so I think the defense will improve within the next few games. We are very green on that side of the ball. The average age of our defense is 26.

We get the Bengals in Cincinnati nest week, so we'll get to see how good we are on the road, outdoors, and against one the best defenses in the league. Also, a test for our young secondary with A.J. Green and Jermaine Gresham. At least Tyler Eifert will be out.

• Like 1

Because he is still far from polished in the technique department, and he still is arguably the most dynamic WR going.

Eh I dunno about that. I think that AJ and Calvin might have something to say about that. And not far behind them, you've still got Fitz and now this new kid Patterson with the VIkings. Julio is a stud but I don't see him being ahead (or behind) of any of those guys. 

Eh I dunno about that. I think that AJ and Calvin might have something to say about that. And not far behind them, you've still got Fitz and now this new kid Patterson with the VIkings. Julio is a stud but I don't see him being ahead of any of those guys.

I know, it sounds crazy. In my humble opinion though I think he accelerates quicker than anybody and carries the ball most like a running back, fumbles caused by unseen defenders notwithstanding. It's a lot of studs out there though (Antonio Brown seems primed to bust out), I rock with AJ and Calvin all day, but Julio just looks different to me. There are ridiculous 40 times for all these guys I'm sure, but I'd bet Julio's football speed with pads can't be matched. He's already a better blocker than Green and Calvin I think. He has bad games and still posts 100 yards and the Seahawks nor Niners defense haven't stopped him from getting his.

I thought Fitz was a God when he had Warner throwing to him. Not so much with Palmer, who I've always loathed.

Edited by benhillboy

I know, it sounds crazy. In my humble opinion though I think he accelerates quicker than anybody and carries the ball most like a running back, fumbles caused by unseen defenders notwithstanding. It's a lot of studs out there though (Antonio Brown seems primed to bust out), I rock with AJ and Calvin all day, but Julio just looks different to me. There are ridiculous 40 times for all these guys I'm sure, but I'd bet Julio's football speed with pads can't be matched. He's already a better blocker than Green and Calvin I think. He has bad games and still posts 100 yards and the Seahawks nor Niners defense haven't stopped him from getting his.

I thought Fitz was a God when he had Warner throwing to him. Not so much with Palmer, who I've always loathed.

I don't believe that he can accelerate faster than Mike Wallace. Wallace is sick at take off, but he doesn't have the size or strength of Julio to be able to not get pushed off his route. 

Did you see the Cordarrelle (sp?) Patterson run on Sunday? He and Harvin are probably the 2 most RB like receivers in the game in my opinion.

But Julio is an absolute stud, don't let me sound like I'm saying otherwise. 

Julio is a beast plain and simple. I think that right now tho it's a couple of guys who are right there. Megatron, AJ, Dez....they're all different but all good. I'd rather have Julio than any of them tho bc I feel like he has the biggest ceiling of all of them but hey just my opinion.

I think when you consider Julio's size relative to his speed it's impressive. Wallace and Cordarelle a little guys.

Patterson isn't a little guy, he's 6'2 220. Wallace is little for sure but he's definitely the fastest of the elite WRs.

Julio is probably a better WR than Patterson but Patterson is a freak of a play maker and young so who knows what he will become.

Im sorry yall are all wrong. Its Calvin then everyone else. Yall let me know when any of those other guys gets 300 yards in a game and single handedly destroys a teams defense.

Single handedly bc he had to. What other receivers did Detroit have? Julio plays with roddy white and until this year was also playing with the first ballot hall of famer that is tony Gonzalez. I don't think Julio will ever put up Calvin type numbers but I don't think the talent gap is as significant as you're trying to make it. Last year Julio was on pace to break Calvin's regular season record bc roddy was hobbled but we all know what happened.

Single handedly bc he had to. What other receivers did Detroit have? Julio plays with roddy white and until this year was also playing with the first ballot hall of famer that is tony Gonzalez. I don't think Julio will ever put up Calvin type numbers but I don't think the talent gap is as significant as you're trying to make it. Last year Julio was on pace to break Calvin's regular season record bc roddy was hobbled but we all know what happened.

Man please...im a Falcons fan, but ive been watching Calvin since high school. Ive seen him at GT destroy triple coverage. Julio is not even close to Megatron. Minus the nagging injuries, you would think he was designed in a lab.

Man please...im a Falcons fan, but ive been watching Calvin since high school. Ive seen him at GT destroy triple coverage. Julio is not even close to Megatron. Minus the nagging injuries, you would think he was designed in a lab.

Good for you....still doesn't change facts. Julio was on pace to break Calvin's record and got hurt. Calvin is better I said that, but I also said the gap isn't as significant as you're trying to make it.

Good for you....still doesn't change facts. Julio was on pace to break Calvin's record and got hurt. Calvin is better I said that, but I also said the gap isn't as significant as you're trying to make it.

and Matt Ryan is "on pace" to throw for 7000 yards. Fact is Calvins season high is about 500 more yards higher than Julio and hes always been the #1 receiver. The facts support that Calvin Johnson is clearly the best receiver in the league (honestly, of all time) and between Watt, Keuchly, and himself probably the best nonQB football player in the league.

It says something about Julio that someone can even think he's at the same level as the best wideout in the game. 

But Megatron is simply the best as he's able to beat a defense in any possible way that he needs. He can run by, jump higher, win a physical fight for the ball, whatever. He's probably the most physically gifted WR there's ever been. 

What are we missing? I said Calvin is the best, no need to keep stating that. The point that I'm trying to make is that the gap isn't as great as you say. His physical stature is very unique at 6'5 236....Julio is 6'3 225. Calvin ran a 4.35 in his 40...Julio ran a 4.39 with a foot issue. Calvin didn't lift or jump at his combine so I can't compare that but I think you get the point.

The numbers aren't comparable bc of you look at Calvin's early years he was doing exactly what Julio is doing but he didn't have to share targets with so many people. Calvin is great don't get me wrong but it's not Calvin and then everybody else, there are some really gifted guys out there right now