• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Off topic: Perception of Atlanta from an outsider comedian

Admin

Not gonna lie, I hear this type of thing about Atlanta from people all over the US when I travel. I wonder if Levenson wrote this skit for him? 

"My last show I had my travel agent made a mistake and booked me in a bad part of Atlanta, called Atlanta"

"It's 11am and the parking lot already looks like a Bone-Thugs-n-Harmony concert and I'm not ready to go to the crossroads."

Well Bone-Thugs are from Cleveland, so there's that.

It's called ignorance. People talking about Atlanta like this are ignorant and likely haven't gone within the city much. A guy like Pete Holmes also tipifies a northeastern douchebag in my opinion.

This.  So much, this.

Who even uses Bone TnH as a reference anymore anyways.  That, in and of itself, lets me know how out of touch this dbag probably is.  What's next, "Those southern guys really dig their cross colours, amirite.  Hyuk, hyuk."  Probably just mad we didn't show up to his weak-a** comedy show.

Not gonna lie, I hear this type of thing about Atlanta from people all over the US when I travel. I wonder if Levenson wrote this skit for him? 

"My last show I had my travel agent made a mistake and booked me in a bad part of Atlanta, called Atlanta"

"It's 11am and the parking lot already looks like a Bone-Thugs-n-Harmony concert and I'm not ready to go to the crossroads."

DT_exterior_677x380_FitToBoxSmallDimensi

Downtown Atlanta 

http://doubletree3.hilton.com/en/hotels/georgia/doubletree-by-hilton-hotel-atlanta-downtown-ATLSSDT/index.html

• Moderators

It's a pretty funny routine but hf is dead on.   I'd never heard of him but 30 seconds in i said 'he's from the northeast'  Yep.  Massachusetts.   I'm guessing though that the Atlanta gets changed to any other big city depending on where he is performing.   Nothing in there is really specific to Atlanta.