• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Milsap on his free agency next season

By signing just a two-year deal last year, Millsap is destined for free agency according to the NBA’s Collective Bargaining Agreement. He can still re-sign with the Hawks but there will definitely be competition. “We want to keep him,” coach Mike Budenholzer said. “He is someone who is really important to us. He fits us very well. We’ve communicated that with him on a regular basis.” Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Atlanta Hawks, Free Agency, Paul Millsap, Mike Budenholzer

Millsap said his focus is on basketball and not his future – in Atlanta or elsewhere – headed into the final year of his contract. “It’s always in the back of your head but at the end of the day you have to go out there and play basketball regardless of your situation,” Millsap said of his pending free agency. “I have to focus on this year, one game at a time. Don’t look too far ahead. Stay in the present.” Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Atlanta Hawks, Free Agency, Paul Millsap

- See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.N9tHYhV4.dpuf

Do we have anything extra that we can offer him over other teams since he is with us now? I could've sworn i read no, and that not even any kind of early bird rights kick in, but I'm not at all clear on how any of that works.

I'd love to have him back. He's a great player, has no off court issues, and is apparently a great leader. I just worry about the payday he'll command and whether the hawks management (whoever that is at the time) will be willing to pay up.

• Like 1

We'll have early bird rights on him, which allows us to give him 7.5% raises and a 4 year contract. We can also exceed the cap to resign him for up to 175% of his previous salary ($16,625,000).

Thanks a lot for the info, I really appreciate it. I'm admittedly a CBA novice but for some reason had it in my head that on a 2-year deal we still wouldn't be able to get early bird rights. But i trust you on the subject WAAAAY more than me.