• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Post season

DrReality

Curious if you guys have any post season stuff to post.  Went to a play off game in the 90's, I think against the Pirates.  Sitting on  the very top row in the old Fulton County stadium.  It was the play where Justice missed third base but we were so high and couldn't see the score board and didn't know what happened.  All of a sudden the inning changed.  We lost.  You got memories of MLB playoffs

I couldn't imagine going to a MLB playoff game. If it's close, you'll never go home.

This year is another snooze fest: the team that wins it all will have no identifiable stars and they'll be at the bottom of their division next year unless it's the Cards. You'd barely realize it was going on with Regular Season College Football devouring all of their headlines. If the Braves aren't there, the only thing that interests me about Fall Baseball is how awful can the TV ratings get.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I've been to a few.   One was a freezing cold game at turner field but don't remember much about that one.   I think it was a division series where we beat the giants.  

But I was at the last game ever played at fulton county stadium.   The heart breaking game five loss to the yankees 1-0.  Smoltz-Petite pitching duel and Luis Polonia almost tying the game in the ninth.   It was the best and worst game I"ve ever been to and really started a decade and a half of Braves playoff futility.   

I couldn't care less about any remaining teams, but I have heavy respect for what the Cards have done over the long haul. I gotta rock with former Braves standouts Old Man Huddy and Omar. We'd be in a much better place on the field and the payroll if we had kept him instead of Ugly.

Edited by benhillboy