• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This idea that Blank is a great owner is a joke.

Plainview1981

Using your same graph the year before he spent the ninth most money in the league. Last year was an anomaly not the norm.

And before the season started the falcons had the 9th best road record in the NFL since 2008. So again you're being way to reactionary to a few years. Matt has big wins on the road but he's just a better QB at home, I don't think that's uncommon. And that road record is even after that horrendous year last year.

I'm pretty sure the Hawks cracked the top 10 in salary a few times. We don't look at the them as a franchise that spends money, and I really don't think Blank is everything that Atlantan's claim he is.

Yeah, The Falcons used to have Turner which made a difference. 

Ryan is somewhat like Phillip Rivers. Now, I know that Rivers seems to have picked up his game thisu season, but I've never been impressed with him over the years. The Chargers were better when Tomlinson was their best player. Despite the numbers Rivers hasn't done that much winning without Tomlinson, and he has been prone to making mistakes since he has become the Chargers best player.

The Falcons need a strong running back. They were dumb to think a 32 year old Steven Jackson would fill that role.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

I wouldn't be surprised if Blank wanted to focus on offense, but TD has spent quite a few high picks on defense and only two or three are worth a damn. The fact is we just have way too many misses in the draft and havent lucked up in the late rounds either. This definitely starts with the GM and coaches who are picking these players. It was a bad decision to try to be more "multiple" on D, especially with their jobs on the line. If we had stuck with a base 4-3, we might not have wasted a 2nd round pick on a player who's not going to be productive in the near future (Hageman). Whether we make the playoffs or not, im sure there will be changes made unless we do a complete 180 defensively going forward.

Not to mention the free agency busts......

• Like 1

Not to mention the free agency busts......

Ray Edwards, Tyson Jackson, Steven Jackson, Osi, and Dwight Lowery. This regime is failing miserably at both aspects of team building. If it wasnt for Ryan, Julio, Trufant, and Matthews they would look completely inept.

• Moderators

You can't trade up in the nfl and miss on your remaining picks. The trade for Julio combined with draft and FA misses have kill the depth. We also have never committed resources to pass rushing which is just crazy.