• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This idea that Blank is a great owner is a joke.

Plainview1981

You're attacking the 2 things that definitely don't need to be, lots to complain about but not those two. Matt is fine when he's protected, just like every other QB in the league. He got beat up today and guys dropped like 8 balls....that's not Matt. Blank is a hell of an owner, he spends the money and does things the right way. He can't control the personnel on the field and how the coaches use them. We will have a new regime soon tho so no worries but Matt and Blank aren't going anywhere nor should they

• Like 2

• Moderators

I was thinking about this myself on the drive home tonight... Back in the 2008 draft, TD was ready to select Glenn Dorsey when Blank stepped in and demanded we draft Matt Ryan and many believed that Blank was the one that pushed for trading up for Julio Jones.  Although that worked out for the best, could this signal that Blank is the one that favors offense over defense and could be partially responsible for the shoddy defense?

I believe TD and Smitty need to be canned at the end of the season.  We have 4 excellent RB's, yet we only ran the ball 13 times today?  Smitty is preaching being a more physical team, yet we only run the football only 13 damn times?!?  Horse hockey.

I was thinking about this myself on the drive home tonight... Back in the 2008 draft, TD was ready to select Glenn Dorsey when Blank stepped in and demanded we draft Matt Ryan and many believed that Blank was the one that pushed for trading up for Julio Jones.  Although that worked out for the best, could this signal that Blank is the one that favors offense over defense and could be partially responsible for the shoddy defense?

I believe TD and Smitty need to be canned at the end of the season.  We have 4 excellent RB's, yet we only ran the ball 13 times today?  Smitty is preaching being a more physical team, yet we only run the football only 13 damn times?!?  Horse hockey.

I wouldn't be surprised if Blank wanted to focus on offense, but TD has spent quite a few high picks on defense and only two or three are worth a damn. The fact is we just have way too many misses in the draft and havent lucked up in the late rounds either. This definitely starts with the GM and coaches who are picking these players. It was a bad decision to try to be more "multiple" on D, especially with their jobs on the line. If we had stuck with a base 4-3, we might not have wasted a 2nd round pick on a player who's not going to be productive in the near future (Hageman). Whether we make the playoffs or not, im sure there will be changes made unless we do a complete 180 defensively going forward.
  • Like 2

• Moderators

I wouldn't be surprised if Blank wanted to focus on offense, but TD has spent quite a few high picks on defense and only two or three are worth a damn. The fact is we just have way too many misses in the draft and havent lucked up in the late rounds either. This definitely starts with the GM and coaches who are picking these players. It was a bad decision to try to be more "multiple" on D, especially with their jobs on the line. If we had stuck with a base 4-3, we might not have wasted a 2nd round pick on a player who's not going to be productive in the near future (Hageman). Whether we make the playoffs or not, im sure there will be changes made unless we do a complete 180 defensively going forward.

I do find it hilarious that our best defensive player went undrafted (Worrilow).  The secondary is missing Willy Mo bad too.  About tired of Ishmael and Southward being out of position and getting burnt.

I do find it hilarious that our best defensive player went undrafted (Worrilow). The secondary is missing Willy Mo bad too. About tired of Ishmael and Southward being out of position and getting burnt.

Best defensive player is Worrilow? Ummmm no. Racking up tackles doesn't make you the best. Dude makes no impact plays whatsoever. He's decent but not our best defensive player. Tru is the best player on that defense followed by babs and Corey peters
  • Like 1

I do find it hilarious that our best defensive player went undrafted (Worrilow).  The secondary is missing Willy Mo bad too.  About tired of Ishmael and Southward being out of position and getting burnt.

I agree with jy23. I expected Worrilow to make a big leap especially with big bodies in front of him. His lack of athleticism is apparent and he hasnt been effective meeting RBs at the line of scrimmage. Maybe the responsibility of MLB is proving to be too much for him, but hes showing his true colors as a backup quality LBer this year. He is a solid tackler and not much else. The Falcons are going to have to go all in on defense this coming draft which works because theres a lot of prospects at all LBer positions and safety. Willy Mo is on the downside of his career too. Im glad Southward gets some experience because we know the athleticism is there. I just hope he improves with the experience so he can take over at SS.

Yeah I like Southwards measurables and hope that he can turn that into something. I actually liked the Hageman pick and think he's going to be big for us in a year or two....wasn't expecting much from him this year anyway. We need to go heavy on pass rush in free agency and then just draft the best defensive player available (unless he's a corner) in the draft. We need line backers like crazy and safety is a soft spot.

Brian Orakpo, Justin Houston, cliff Avril, Suh, Brooks Reed, Greg Hardy, Jabaal Sheard.....you can't tell me that he pass rush can't be fixed in free agency.

Yeah I like Southwards measurables and hope that he can turn that into something. I actually liked the Hageman pick and think he's going to be big for us in a year or two....wasn't expecting much from him this year anyway. We need to go heavy on pass rush in free agency and then just draft the best defensive player available (unless he's a corner) in the draft. We need line backers like crazy and safety is a soft spot.

Brian Orakpo, Justin Houston, cliff Avril, Suh, Brooks Reed, Greg Hardy, Jabaal Sheard.....you can't tell me that he pass rush can't be fixed in free agency.

It just depends on the defense we run. I think we should commit to the 34 and grab a guy like Justin Houston. Hes young and very good, but his price will be high. There will be plenty of OLB in this draft too in the first round. We need help at ILB too and they are a handful available in the 2nd and 3rd rounds (so far). This draft is also appearing to be very deep at safety too.

Man... The Falcons are looking terrible for the 2nd straight year.  This franchise is ran POORLY. They really haven't accomplished much more than the Hawks this so called "great ownership".

Matt Ryan is overpaid also. One of the highest paid QB's in the league? ugh.

How about your Titans though?? 

It just depends on the defense we run. I think we should commit to the 34 and grab a guy like Justin Houston. Hes young and very good, but his price will be high. There will be plenty of OLB in this draft too in the first round. We need help at ILB too and they are a handful available in the 2nd and 3rd rounds (so far). This draft is also appearing to be very deep at safety too.

I like Houston and Sheard myself....I know it's going to be expensive but it's worth it. We're going to have over 20 mil if I'm not mistaken so we should be able to make some significant moves. 3-4 is the smartest move in my eyes as well. You went out and got Solai and Tyson Jackson y not let them play their natural positions. Add in Houston and shears or jerry Hughes and I think we're in business. I haven't looked to hard at the draft yet so I'll have to take your word for it

You're attacking the 2 things that definitely don't need to be, lots to complain about but not those two. Matt is fine when he's protected, just like every other QB in the league. He got beat up today and guys dropped like 8 balls....that's not Matt. Blank is a hell of an owner, he spends the money and does things the right way. He can't control the personnel on the field and how the coaches use them. We will have a new regime soon tho so no worries but Matt and Blank aren't going anywhere nor should they

It's not all Ryan's fault. Not by any means... You can tell the team is falling apart around him and he probably feels overwhelmed. He is a good QB AT HOME when the team has lots of weapons and are on the right track. However, if you need a big road win I don't think he is at the top of the list of QB's that I would want. 

The idea that Blank is a big spender is a myth:

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/interactive/2013/nfl-salaries-positions-2013-2014#baltimore-ravens,denver-broncos

It's not all Ryan's fault. Not by any means... You can tell the team is falling apart around him and he probably feels overwhelmed. He is a good QB AT HOME when the team has lots of weapons and are on the right track. However, if you need a big road win I don't think he is at the top of the list of QB's that I would want.

The idea that Blank is a big spender is a myth:

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/interactive/2013/nfl-salaries-positions-2013-2014#baltimore-ravens,denver-broncos

Using your same graph the year before he spent the ninth most money in the league. Last year was an anomaly not the norm.

And before the season started the falcons had the 9th best road record in the NFL since 2008. So again you're being way to reactionary to a few years. Matt has big wins on the road but he's just a better QB at home, I don't think that's uncommon. And that road record is even after that horrendous year last year.