• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Would you rather: 2014 ATLANTA HAWKS

HawkItus

Pick One  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I went offense, voted by fans, hot after all star, marqee matchups, 20 game streak.   We want to get some attention right?   These are the things no one expects from us (except offense)

I went marquee matchups as well.  If we still get a fourth seed and beat all the marquee teams that would make for an interesting playoffs.   I know they are highly unlikely, but "would you rather lead the league in assists or shooting percentage" isn't very fun lol.

• Moderators

I'm not understanding why having coach selected all stars is beating one voted by fans so bad.  19-9 right now.   Having a Hawk voted in by fans would be biggest surprise of anything on here.  Since 1990 we've had exactly one.  Dikembe.   It would be a huge step for the franchise to get another.

I'm not understanding why having coach selected all stars is beating one voted by fans so bad. 19-9 right now. Having a Hawk voted in by fans would be biggest surprise of anything on here. Since 1990 we've had exactly one. Dikembe. It would be a huge step for the franchise to get another.

It's a popularity contest. I could seriously care about the fan vote. Personally I wouldn't mind if they eliminated it altogether even though they never will. Lame fans vote in Allen Iverson on his last leg and Stephon Marbury and ball hog Amare Stoudamire and guys that don't deserve it.

• Moderators

It's a popularity contest. I could seriously care about the fan vote. Personally I wouldn't mind if they eliminated it altogether even though they never will. Lame fans vote in Allen Iverson on his last leg and Stephon Marbury and ball hog Amare Stoudamire and guys that don't deserve it.

That's true but a hawk getting voted in would have to be an undisputed star.   It would be an enormous boost for someone in this franchise to win a popularity contest.   

• Moderators

That's true but a hawk getting voted in would have to be an undisputed star.   It would be an enormous boost for someone in this franchise to win a popularity contest.   

Exactly.  I get it.  We haven't had someone who was popular enough to be voted in for a couple decades.  As we talk about changing the perception of this team, that would represent bigger change than having both Horford and Joe Johnson selected as end of the bench reserves for the All-Star game.

• Like 1

I see it as what people think it means, you could have a guy voted in, but may not be a contender.  If we have multiple guys voted in by the coaches it would mean we are playing some great ball.  Especially, this year.   The east is loaded with "Stars".  

• Like 1

• Moderators

I guess some people want to be "popular" and be loved by the media while others want team success and championships.

I think everyone on here wants both:  to be a respected part of the NBA conversation on our way to bringing a ring to Atlanta.

Edited by AHF

• Moderators

Offense wins games, but defense wins championships.

I'd rather have one player voted into the All-Star game because that shows our team getting respect from the rest of the league. Coaches picks are basically the scraps at the bottom of the barrel.

I choose hot streak because it could be carried into the playoffs.

I'd rather see them win the division because we need banners. Hawks don't get national games anyway.

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87

• 2 months later...

DEFENSE!!!

Our offense was good to start the season. Our defense is what has allowed us to beat the top teams and be 1st in the East. Defense will always lead to offense.

• Moderators

Horford, Teague, Thabo are the three things that have made us much better than last year's team.  

Gotta give Schröder some respect too.  His turnover numbers are much better and he seems to be a more well-rounded, controlled player on the court.  Having the PG rotation we have has been great for the Hawks.

• Like 4