• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Schröder Era Begins

benhillboy

Those defensive numbers are definately misleading. He's been lackadaisical at times lately, but he's usually stellar on the ball and only struggles when being posted up.

You can tell there is much more statistical analysis than actual game viewing when putting this piece together, but I appreciate the pub for the kid just the same. I wish the intelligent national basketball audience was able to watch this team every night. Dennis has only scratched the surface of his potential, yet he's outplayed most of the Top PGs in the NBA already, and in style, sissies.

Edited by benhillboy

See : Manu Ginobili. He's been a sixth man for the majority of his career, and he's a two-time All-Star, so you can achieve that as a bench player. Accepting that role has allowed him to win four NBA championships. He played in the Spurs system, too, so that should be encouraging for Dennis if he has those aspirations.

but manu had mostly starter minutes, i believe it wouldn't be a problem if you find a way that teague and schröder play above 28 minutes per game. So if the teague and Schröder lineup keep improving this might happen, and this might also lead to a situation where one of th them makes a reach for the sixth men award and getting subbed in after 2-3 minutes and finishing games together.

Edited by CrazyEye
  • Like 1

but manu had mostly starter minutes, i believe it wouldn't be a problem if you find a way that teague and schröder play above 28 minutes per game. So if the teague and Schröder lineup keep improving this might happen, and this might also lead to a situation where one of th them makes a reach for the sixth men award and getting subbed in after 2-3 minutes and finishing games together.

Manu was only a 6th man due to his playing style with his type of team. He really wasn't a 6th man considering his minutes. 

i never understood the sixth men award, like they are often cases like manu. And why you need a price for beeing the best without starting spot, wouldn't the secondest best player in the league deserve a price more, or the best second men instead of sixth.

• Like 1

I was reading a fan post on SB entitled "Kyrie is a PG." He's not, but I was thinking of something maybe others have noticed when a poster listed this:

"In my mind, the steps for a PG go:

1) Probe defense / run play

2) Force defense to react

3) Evaluate highest chance of scoring (pass, shoot, reset)

4) Execute decision"

Is it me or does Bud allow Dennis to reset much more than Jeff? If so, is it because Dennis usually runs with Bigs who aren't as adept at getting their own shot off in Mike and Pero so the clock naturally runs down more often, or does Bud simply give Dennis more freedom at the top of the key becuase he's "purer?"

Edited by benhillboy

Of course the form is ugly, but I think the staff has found something with Dennis' three ball. It's a bit quicker with a higher arc, I'll call it "The Curry Effect". Anthony Morrow has even seemed to tweak a little in these two ways, he was barely catching the ball and letting it fly for bottoms.

Having the green light from three shows the confidence the staff has in him, and he made them look very good basically going 3-4, another miss a desperation heave. That one where he splashed quick off the dribble surprised everyone.