• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Falcons are a joke

Vol4ever

Falcons beat Carolina after beating Tampa Bay twice and New Orelans.

This means that, at 4-6, they are in 1st place in the south!

I agree. we're a sorry team.  We're not alone.  So is every team in the

NFL South division.

Even the Bucs, who had won only one, today beat Washington.  Saints

dropped another one today.  It wasn't even close.

• Moderators

This team just doesn't have a killer instinct.  We get a lead and we can't get that score to put the game away.  4 straight possessions to get just a FG and we didn't do it.  Went 3 & out 2 out of the 4 times.  Smith's ultra-consersatism reared its ugly head again and it almost costed us the game.  We beat ourselves by trying to not beat ourselves.  We're lucky Cam was his usual self.  Defense looked good today tho.

But a W is a W and we some how lead the South.  Go Birds...

That's like being the best in a turd eating contest!  Boy I can't believe how weak that division is this year. And the Falcons tried to blow the game today too.

Thats alright. This is just the beginning of something great
  • Like 1

Like I want to believe in this team bc I'm a fan but I just can't. This coaching staff irks the hell out of me, no lead is safe.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

This team is awful........Matty Ice only one seems to care. Why Stepehen Jackson plays is amazing, he is done just like the offensive line. Whew, no fire. Julio Jones is a dud, he just don't care. The GM has not been successful. Just a mess.

Btw, they won't win the division.

• Moderators

I've always been a big fan of Matt Ryan but he needs someone to show him how to get to the next level.   The last couple of years he is just making some really bad decisions.   Yesterday on 3 and 2 he could have easily run for the first but pulls up and throws a horrible 5 yard pass that has little chance of succeeding.    Then with the clock winding down in the first half he repeatedly COMPLETES passes over the middle for no gain.   Seriously?  Quit throwing passes for no gain.  Don't you see that just wastes very valuable time.   It's not the like the TE had any chance to run with the ball.   

Without a great TE Matt is getting kind of exposed.  He's still really good but at some point you've got to take some risks.  

I've always been a big fan of Matt Ryan but he needs someone to show him how to get to the next level.   The last couple of years he is just making some really bad decisions.   Yesterday on 3 and 2 he could have easily run for the first but pulls up and throws a horrible 5 yard pass that has little chance of succeeding.    Then with the clock winding down in the first half he repeatedly COMPLETES passes over the middle for no gain.   Seriously?  Quit throwing passes for no gain.  Don't you see that just wastes very valuable time.   It's not the like the TE had any chance to run with the ball.   

Without a great TE Matt is getting kind of exposed.  He's still really good but at some point you've got to take some risks.  

That's why they call him Melty Ice! 

• Moderators

I agree and I was scratching my head on that 3rd & 2 play too.  He could have easily of gotten that 1st on his own legs.  I can't explain what's up with Matty.  The line is giving him time and he has targets.  It'd also be nice if we could get the runnng game going.  I love S-Jax, but he is far too slow for this offense.  Freeman and Smith need way more touches. 

Can't remember the last game Matty threw up the deep ball.  Have a top 5 receiver in Julio and we almost never send him deep.  Also, HD is the most sure-handed receiver we have, yet he was targeted only 4 times vs. Carolina.  Get Harry the ball on a short in route and let that man run!  I'd rather see Harry in most of these routes that we keep putting Hester in for.

And dafuq Hester?  Get a 15 yard penalty and then follow it up with a turnover?  You better than that...

• Like 1

I agree and I was scratching my head on that 3rd & 2 play too. He could have easily of gotten that 1st on his own legs. I can't explain what's up with Matty. The line is giving him time and he has targets. It'd also be nice if we could get the runnng game going. I love S-Jax, but he is far too slow for this offense. Freeman and Smith need way more touches.

Can't remember the last game Matty threw up the deep ball. Have a top 5 receiver in Julio and we almost never send him deep. Also, HD is the most sure-handed receiver we have, yet he was targeted only 4 times vs. Carolina. Get Harry the ball on a short in route and let that man run! I'd rather see Harry in most of these routes that we keep putting Hester in for.

And dafuq Hester? Get a 15 yard penalty and then follow it up with a turnover? You better than that...

That is hilarious because Douglas was notorious for drops early on. Lack of deep passes is a combination of o7r injured o line and Carolina was sending a lot of blitzes. What surprised me is the lack of "pick" routes to free up receivers on crossing routes.

I've always been a big fan of Matt Ryan but he needs someone to show him how to get to the next level. The last couple of years he is just making some really bad decisions. Yesterday on 3 and 2 he could have easily run for the first but pulls up and throws a horrible 5 yard pass that has little chance of succeeding. Then with the clock winding down in the first half he repeatedly COMPLETES passes over the middle for no gain. Seriously? Quit throwing passes for no gain. Don't you see that just wastes very valuable time. It's not the like the TE had any chance to run with the ball.

Without a great TE Matt is getting kind of exposed. He's still really good but at some point you've got to take some risks.

im starting to realize Matt Ryan doesn't need another receiving threat but a potent running game. Julio and Roddy arent getting the separation fast enough to allow him to get rid of the ball consistently. We only have 3 of our starting 5 lineman and one of those guys is playing on a bum ankle.

Cam had 8 fewer completions but threw for 30 more yards than Ryan. (guess i could have just looked at yards per completion). Sometimes it feels like Ryan just wants a completion whether it serves a purpose or not.

Again, when your offensive line isnt great and the defense is sending blitzes, it becomes necessary to get rid of the ball. The inverse is also true. If your pass rush isnt great and you dont blitz, QBs have time to make the deeper/longer throws.

• Moderators

Again, when your offensive line isnt great and the defense is sending blitzes, it becomes necessary to get rid of the ball. The inverse is also true. If your pass rush isnt great and you dont blitz, QBs have time to make the deeper/longer throws.

Yeah but a smart qb knows that throwing a zero yard completion serves no purpose.  Especially when you are trying to manage the clock.   I'm sure I could find it but I'll bet he had 3 or 4 completions for under 3 yards.  That's just not smart.  None of them had a chance to go anywhere.   

We were talking today that the Falcons fans may wear bags on their heads for a playoff game.

Yeah but a smart qb knows that throwing a zero yard completion serves no purpose. Especially when you are trying to manage the clock. I'm sure I could find it but I'll bet he had 3 or 4 completions for under 3 yards. That's just not smart. None of them had a chance to go anywhere.

We were talking today that the Falcons fans may wear bags on their heads for a playoff game.

Not saying you're wrong but when the alternative could be an intentional grounding penalty, ill take the short completion.