• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Magic (Saturday)

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

Yeah this sucked I totally jinxed it. I of course did not watch the game but figuring we lost when we were down in the final minute and then seeing Korver hit the 3 with 3 seconds left I screamed holy crap the streak is going to continue. And then Harris happened. I haven't seen the shot so I hope it was some crazy improbable shot like Lance's was earlier in the year and not a lack of good D. 

I shouldn't have said shit until the game was over. Sorry guys. 

The moment we lost I screamed "DAMNIT DOLFAN!!!!!!!"  I knew you had something to do with it. russian_roulette.gif

• Like 1

Well the streak is over and I enjoyed every minute of it.

1. We gave up 100 points - defense was lacking tonight: Kyle and DMC struggled mightily tonight both on offense and defense.

2. Offense didn't attack the paint enough

and too many turnovers.

3. AL has developed an allergy to freethrows, zero, zilch, nada attempts - that is very concerning.

4. Milsap struggled on offense

5. Dennis' defense for such a young player is a plus. Should Dennis be taking 13 shots?

6. Baze got minutes and had a good showing

7. @Dolfan23 is now free but it's still your fault.

8. I think we've officially set a record for the most buzzer beaters given up

9. A win against Chicago would ease the sting of this loss.

Orlando will be a fun young team to watch to see if they gel... with Vucevic on the floor they look like they should be a low playoff team in the weaker Eastern Conference....

Tough way to lose the streak, but still job well done to take advantage of the weak schedule these past few weeks - now time to show the NBA we are ready to take on the big boys.  Looking forward to next week,

remember it's never easy to win on the road........ ( the 18-4 Grizz are losing at the 76ers tonight!! )

Am I wrong in saying they built their winning streak by beating crappy teams?

I mean, the best team they beat was Washington. It's simple.... They benefited from playing the easiest schedule in the league, but they've been coming back down to earth these last 3 games.

Agreed, but let me ask you this? Would you not agree that of all the crappy teams. The Hawks are the best.

The Hawks haven't played very well the last two nights, but Orlando has a tough, young team. They could be really good in the next couple of years.

The upside to this loss is that it helps Orlando keep pace with Brooklyn. A win against Chicago would make everything right in the world again. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Well the streak is over and I enjoyed every minute of it.

1. We gave up 100 points - defense was lacking tonight: Kyle and DMC struggled mightily tonight both on offense and defense.

2. Offense didn't attack the paint enough

and too many turnovers.

3. AL has developed an allergy to freethrows, zero, zilch, nada attempts - that is very concerning.

4. Milsap struggled on offense

5. Dennis' defense for such a young player is a plus. Should Dennis be taking 13 shots?

6. Baze got minutes and had a good showing

7. @Dolfan23 is now free but it's still your fault.

8. I think we've officially set a record for the most buzzer beaters given up

9. A win against Chicago would ease the sting of this loss.

On a positive note..No Mack or Pero!   Finally the light bulb when on for Bud...Brand and Bazemore played well and we out rebounded the Magic for the game.  Too bad Korver and DMC were bad,

Agreed, but let me ask you this? Would you not agree that of all the crappy teams. The Hawks are the best.

This is a middle of the pack team with little room to get much better. I mean, how much better is Horford, Teague and Millsap going to get? Dennis has made strides, but the league is adjusting to him. Scott is basically the same player he was last season. Payne is nearly 24 and he still isn't good enough to play in the league it doesn't appear. 

I still don't get our management. We obviously need a big to help defend the rim and the interior period. Wouldn't hurt if he could get a rebound and make some type of shot. Bud can put Baze and Thabo in when he thinks we need perimeter defense and maybe even Dennis sometimes but who do we have when the perimeter guys can't cut guys off or keep them out of the lane to protect the rim and play interior defense? We don't have anyone to go to for that.