• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I'd rather see Muscala out there than Antić

JonKoncak

• Moderators

I can understand wanting to see Muscala and Payne play but I'm not getting where they "deserve" minutes.   What have they done to deserve minutes?   I think Bud deserves our trust at this point that he is an expert at evaluating and developing players.   

It seems hard to believe that we liked a guy so much that we picked him #15 overall last year but that his skills don't merit any minutes buuuuttttt at the end of the day I am firmly on board with the bottomline of macdaddy's post:  Bud has earned our trust in managing the rotation.

thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Edited by AHF

• Moderators

It seems hard to believe that we liked a guy so much that we picked him #15 overall last year but that his skills don't merit any minutes buuuuttttt at the end of the day I am firmly on board with the bottomline of macdaddy's post:  Bud has earned our trust in managing the rotation.

thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I don't know the answer to that first part either but i'm guessing Bud has a two part criteria for seeing the floor and that's attitude and execution in practice.  I'm assuming Payne and Jenkins are not meeting some part of that.   Muscala I think is just odd man out.  

• Premium Member

Pero's in the game because of his defense. He can't block a shot to save his life but he knows how to rotate and from anywhere in the paint he almost always make the correct call to switch out or when to close in on a shooter or a guy coming into the lane. He's a walking disaster shooting the ball but what's glaringly obvious about him is his good defensive instincts and footwork.

Edited by Sothron
  • Like 3

Pero's in the game because of his defense. He can't block a shot to save his life but he knows how to rotate and from anywhere in the paint he almost always make the correct call to switch out or when to close in on a shooter or a guy coming into the lane. He's a walking disaster shooting the ball but what's glaringly obvious about him is his good defensive instincts and footwork.

I'm not sure why this is so difficult for some ti grasp. We are winning games because of our defense - I'll take it everytime.

• Premium Member

Seriously.  Not only that though, his crazy well timed rotations cause him to challenge nearly every shot that happens in the paint while he's on the floor.  He's not getting blocks because he doesn't jump, but he's inches from their face with his hands straight up.  This is also why Pero rarely gets more than 2 fouls per game.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Seriously.  Not only that though, his crazy well timed rotations cause him to challenge nearly every shot that happens in the paint while he's on the floor.  He's not getting blocks because he doesn't jump, but he's inches from their face with his hands straight up.  This is also why Pero rarely gets more than 2 fouls per game.

I think people have a tendency to only really notice players on offense and since defense is even more of  a team effort you can easily miss a guy like Pero who doesn't get blocks or steals.  But if you really watch him play on defense you can absolutely see why he's on the court. That dude knows his role and responsibilities as well as any big man in the game. He just doesn't have the usual stats (blocks, reb) to show it.

• Admin

This is not moose, Paynes or jj's time. They are not quite ready and our current rotation is set. That is why they are in the dleague ... To Develop.

Their skill set is not needed right now. Mack and baz don't see the floor either right now.

You don't just build your team for now but for the future too. Unless we have injuries, there is no reason for moose or Payne to get pt