• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Major Hawksquawk Website Errors - Please read

I'm no computer tech so I'm ignant. Not complaining, but is it the increased number of people viewing the site causing it to go slowly? I'm like a turtoise over here, LTE like 0 lower case g. Anyway, sign up and post, youngins.

All my old heads, could you imagine being a young kid being introduced to basketball through this team?! Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be who I am today without the late 80's Fratello and Nique squad, just saying. I didn't learn much from that team besides Nique was a freak that didn't like to play D so he was surrounded by good defenders. A young kid wouldn't even need a coach watching "The Group."

Edited by benhillboy

I'm no computer tech so I'm ignant. Not complaining, but is it the increased number of people viewing the site causing it to go slowly? I'm like a turtoise over here, LTE like 0 lower case g. Anyway, sign up and post, youngins.

All my old heads, could you imagine being a young kid being introduced to basketball through this team?! Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be who I am today without the late 80's Fratello and Nique squad, just saying. I didn't learn much from that team besides Nique was a freak that didn't like to play D so he was surrounded by good defenders. A young kid wouldn't even need a coach watching "The Group."

Are you seeing any errors? I'm not noticing any slowdown but there is going to come a point where if we keep getting more traffic that we're going to have to increase our server and unfortunately it's an expensive jump to the next tier. 

• Premium Member

Are you seeing any errors? I'm not noticing any slowdown but there is going to come a point where if we keep getting more traffic that we're going to have to increase our server and unfortunately it's an expensive jump to the next tier. 

If that happens, I definitely feel like you should run a donation drive.  I know I'd kick in.

Edited by SalvorMallow
  • Like 3

Please take screenshots. I can't replicate the problem and neither can our web host.

I need details about what browser you're using, computer operating system,if you've tried restarting your computer, etc.

I had it on my kindle earlier today, realized I didn't know how to take a screenshot without looking it up on my kindle...which then made it so I closed the webpage.

It was a SQL server error.

• Moderators

Please take screenshots. I can't replicate the problem and neither can our web host.

I need details about what browser you're using, computer operating system,if you've tried restarting your computer, etc.

You got it.   I'll do that next time.  It was slow for me this morning but now seems fine.   

• Moderators

Things have really slowed down now.   I could barely get to this thread.  Got this error:

An error occured with the SQL server:

This is not a problem with the IPS Community Suite but rather with your SQL server. Please contact your host and copy the message shown above.

• Like 1

Alright well it appears that we've completely outgrown our virtual server here. According to our host we are going to have to upgrade to a dedicated server and that means getting approval from Chillz. It's a decent increase in monthly costs that he pays for so this will totally be on him. Otherwise we may have to move to try and find another affordable host where we might or might not have these issues. I will keep you all posted but for now we may be hosed on having a stable community.

Alright well it appears that we've completely outgrown our virtual server here. According to our host we are going to have to upgrade to a dedicated server and that means getting approval from Chillz. It's a decent increase in monthly costs that he pays for so this will totally be on him. Otherwise we may have to move to try and find another affordable host where we might or might not have these issues. I will keep you all posted but for now we may be hosed on having a stable community.

Do you have access to that virtual machine? Maybe you can clean up the hard drives by deleting tmp files, old backup files and stuff. Wont solve the problem forever, but could buy you some time.