• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Major Hawksquawk Website Errors - Please read

Do you have access to that virtual machine? Maybe you can clean up the hard drives by deleting tmp files, old backup files and stuff. Wont solve the problem forever, but could buy you some time.

No I don't have access to it, we're on a grid with other people. Our database is a virtual database as opposed to a dedicated DB so that hurts as well. 

Ironically since I pinned this post and sent a few Twitter messages that tagged our host, the site is running fine again for me...

• Like 1

Oh no it's happening in the next couple of days. If I don't the site will probably go down again like it has been. I will try and stay up and do it after midnight to keep downtime to a minimum but we'll see.

oh ok, didn't realize it would be so soon.

oh ok, didn't realize it would be so soon.

Yeah it has to be. Haven't you noticed the site struggling the past few days and then especially today? I'm amazed it's working right now after the way it was this morning considering as far as I know nothing changed. 

Yeah it has to be. Haven't you noticed the site struggling the past few days and then especially today? I'm amazed it's working right now after the way it was this morning considering as far as I know nothing changed.

I saw, pissed me off, lol.

Good the upgrade is coming, this season is too much fun not to have the Squawk running as efficiently as the Hawks.

Well exciting news, our gracious owner @chillzatl has decided to upgrade our server to a dedicated server with a full on sql server and solid state hard drive. This should make our site significantly faster and keep us from having these issues as we continue to grow. 

So let's all say thanks to Chilly! 

As to the details of upgrading the site, I will be handling the migration and will let you all know when I have to take the site down for probably half a day to upgrade it, but that's to be determined.

We should hold a bake sale or something. Or tell folks they should click on the PAYPAL links in various signatures to toss money at the 'Squawk.

Thanks guys!  This is too epic a season for downtime!  We must hold our Hawks hosted interwebs googleplex accountable!!!!

I'll be sure and donate here again soon.  As for raising money....I just got into brewing my own beer.  Anyone interested in a Hawks Hefeweizen?  A Coach Bud-Wiser?  A Kyle Korver Kolsch?  I could go on for days.

• Like 2

Done.  

Just threw a little more money into the pot to help the admins keep this placing up and running.  

Quick and easy to do.  

Glad to be able to help.  

Hawksquawk is a "home away from home" for me living way up here in Chicago rooting for the Hawks!!!

• Premium Member

My wife is going in for cancer surgery sometime in the next month but if I have anything left over from the tax return I will try and donate something.

For those of you that regularly post here and never donate...please do so. This is not a free service to run and maintain. With the winning streak we are going to be getting more and more new fans coming here. So let's keep this site going with the great and capable handling it has had for years under Dolf. And thanks to chillz for spending more to move this site to its own server.

• Like 2

My wife is going in for cancer surgery sometime in the next month but if I have anything left over from the tax return I will try and donate something.

For those of you that regularly post here and never donate...please do so. This is not a free service to run and maintain. With the winning streak we are going to be getting more and more new fans coming here. So let's keep this site going with the great and capable handling it has had for years under Dolf. And thanks to chillz for spending more to move this site to its own server.

First off prayers for your wife Sothron! Second, do not send in a donation. And that goes the same for anyone who truly needs to save their money. We'll be ok without the donations. It certainly helps us but I would never want someone to donate when they have much more pressing needs for their money and family always comes first before Hawksquawk. 

• Like 2

@Sothron the best to your wife and prayers coming your way.