• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dumbass Blank and the Falcons

Vol4ever

• Premium Member

Fired the head coach and now Rex Ryan is going to Buffalo. The GM should have been fired, now the loser asst GM has power. There is no assistant out there that is head coaching material. Dumbasses! Ryan is a great defensive coach and would have a offensive coordinator to handle that side of the ball. Everyone has been talking about Bowles but just go back and look at the Cardinals defensive stats.

Frustrated.

Fired the head coach and now Rex Ryan is going to Buffalo. The GM should have been fired, now the loser asst GM has power. There is no assistant out there that is head coaching material. Dumbasses! Ryan is a great defensive coach and would have a offensive coordinator to handle that side of the ball. Everyone has been talking about Bowles but just go back and look at the Cardinals defensive stats.

Frustrated.

Todd Bowles is definitely head coaching material. Their "talent" is supremely overrated with only 3 truly good players in Mathieu, Peterson, and Campbell. You cant look at their defensive stats without understanding that they were on their 3rd QB and couldn't move the ball. Edited by EazyRoc

• Moderators

On a total tangent I just watched the Packers and Broncos playing in open air, natural grass stadiums in the coldest climates in the country and got pissed off again that we are building our second dome with artificial turf.   Why can't we have nice things?

• Premium Member

Todd Bowles is definitely head coaching material. Their "talent" is supremely overrated with only 3 truly good players in Mathieu, Peterson, and Campbell. You cant look at their defensive stats without understanding that they were on their 3rd QB and couldn't move the ball.

Problem I have is the Falcons are not a team on the rebuild, with the correct direction from the head coach and some defense this is definitely a playoff team.  We don't need a rookie head coach cutting his teeth on a head coaching gig.  Blank should have been doing his due diligence during the season to see what is out there if he had any inkling that he was gonna make a change. 

Selecting a coach just like draft picks is a crap shoot.  Forget for a moment how it ended with Mike Smith.

Who was he when the Falcons picked him as their next coach?  A Defensive coordinator.

Question - what was Jets defensive rank last season? (genuinely asking)

It look like Blank is afraid the HC might outshine him or something. Rex was the perfect fit here. I still like Quiin and Bowles though. Hopefully we end up with one of them.

Pretty much.

Watch for Fox to be our new head coach since he's a 'name'.  Or the Patriot flunkies in the F.O. will get their way (and keep their jobs) by pushing some green assistant who may/may not work.

It seem Quinn will likely be the Falcons new HC from the media reports. He want this job and Falcons seem to want him. Might explain why 49ers went ahead and hired their HC.

A little off topic. Is anyone else beside me laughing at former Bills HC Doug Marrone? Sure he is getting $4M from the Bills to not coach  them again. It seem his interviews have been so bad. He is now having to interview for the Jaguars OC job. He leave a HC job to likely be the OC for the Jags.

• 2 weeks later...

On a total tangent I just watched the Packers and Broncos playing in open air, natural grass stadiums in the coldest climates in the country and got pissed off again that we are building our second dome with artificial turf.   Why can't we have nice things?

nobody is going to games in Atlanta if it is raining or cold in an open air stadium.  People in GB and Den enjoy that type of weather.  They are conditioned for it.  Atlanta is not.  We shut down schools if it gets to cold.

I like the direction we are headed.  Great assistant choices so far. 

• Like 1

nobody is going to games in Atlanta if it is raining or cold in an open air stadium. People in GB and Den enjoy that type of weather. They are conditioned for it. Atlanta is not. We shut down schools if it gets to cold.

I like the direction we are headed. Great assistant choices so far.

I sure as hell aint sitting outside unless its dry and above 55 degrees. That outdoor s#%t is for the birds.. (no pun intended)
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Well the new stadium is retractable....I'm not following your complaint

It's artificial turf.  What's the point of a retractable roof with an artificial turf field?   That's my biggest complaint because I prefer grass for footbal and soccer sucks on artificial turf.   But really we have one of the nicest climates in the league.   I understand people don't want to sit in the rain but wouldn't you rather go to a sunny 55 degree game (that's what we have today in atlanta on january 28th) outside than sit in dome 2.0?   September through January is the driest time of the year in Atlanta too.

Maybe I'm just old but football is an outdoor, dirty sport.   This isn't arena ball.

It's artificial turf.  What's the point of a retractable roof with an artificial turf field?   That's my biggest complaint because I prefer grass for footbal and soccer sucks on artificial turf.   But really we have one of the nicest climates in the league.   I understand people don't want to sit in the rain but wouldn't you rather go to a sunny 55 degree game (that's what we have today in atlanta on january 28th) outside than sit in dome 2.0?   September through January is the driest time of the year in Atlanta too.

Maybe I'm just old but football is an outdoor, dirty sport.   This isn't arena ball.

I'm old too, but you wouldn't catch me outside at a game today.  And I want my team to have the best conditions possible.  Turf and a retractable roof makes it that way.  We have Braves games to flaunt our climate elitism lol

• Moderators

I'm old too, but you wouldn't catch me outside at a game today.  And I want my team to have the best conditions possible.  Turf and a retractable roof makes it that way.  We have Braves games to flaunt our climate elitism lol

Who are the Braves?   Seems like a remember a team in Atlanta called that a while back but i don't think there is a major league team called the Braves anymore.   Now in my day.....

• Like 1