14. Seattle - Luke Ridnour

15. Orlando - Reece Gaines

16. Boston - Troy Bell

17. Phoenix - Zarko Cabarkapa

18. New Orleans - David West

19. Utah - Aleksandar Pavlovic

20. Boston - Dahntay Jones

21. Atlanta - Boris Diaw 6-9 201 PG/SG (France) 1982

Here was all the picks before Boris. Well I wanted to do this to see where Boris matches up with these other players chosen in front of him. Now that we seen Boris play in 22 games, we all know what to expect from him, and what he can do and can't do. And also what kind of player he can become in this league.

My opinion on him is that he is a very well rounded player, great ahleticism and great defender. I say the only thing he is missing from his game is shooting, once he works on his shooting is it safe to say he is possibly the 3 or 4th best player out of the 2003 draft?

My question is now that we seen him play what spot would you pick him at?

I say I'll pick Boris at 4th right now, only Lebron, Carmelo and Wade over him. I will take Boris over Bosh anytime.

I don't know if I would take him fourth but he was a great pick at 21. It's really too early to tell because guys develop at different speeds and some of the guys are quite young. It will be interesting to look back two years from now, and I bet he will be one of the top ten when it is all said and done.

• Admin

He's a very good player. He does everything well. He has the potential to be a Pippen type player. 15/7/5.

I don't even consider his shooting a problem. He shoots a good percentage. He just doesn't take many shots. I mean last night he had 30+ minutes of PT and only took seven shots.

But I think that's a good thing. He knows he can do more than just score and he doesn't mind holding back to make the team better.

You contrast that with Carmello. If Carmello could have done the same thing last night, his team might have won. But intead he kept chucking shots. Granted thats' what he's there for and what he is. He's a chucker. He gets his points by quantity, not by quality.

Granted I haven't seen all the ohter draftees play. But I would put him top 5-7 right now. It's still too early to judge some of the talent because they won't develop for another year or two.

In reply to:

I say I'll pick Boris at 4th right now, only Lebron, Carmelo and Wade over him.
I will take Boris over Bosh anytime.

Naw, Bosh is a more polished player than Diaw. I believe Bosh is going to have a great NBA career, and the kid is only 19. The main concern with Bosh was his weight, and that hasn't been a problem so far this year. He has had several big games already this season, and his development was the reason why the Raptors were able to trade Davis and Williams.

TROUBLEMAN

I'd take him higher than 21 though. I certainly wouldn't take him over Millicic or Bosh or either of the 3 guys you listed. As for other guys, it would depend on need and for our needs, he was probably the best fit. I don't necessarily think he is better than some of the other guys drafted ahead of him but he is for our team.