• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Too early to use the Ch**p***sh*p word yet?

ATLiott

Don't post on here often so I'm not sure if you guys are trying not to jinx it. They beat all the good teams, he hot teams, and the pretenders. They're playing better than any other team in the NBA. We don't have to use the C word, but we're all thinking it. Best Atlanta pro team in years.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Championship isn't out of the realm of possibilities, but I don't think any Hawks fan is giving this team those lofty expectations yet. I think we should just enjoy the moment and worry about playoffs and championships when the time comes.

DAMNIT PSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSH you said the word! Now we'll have to wait until next year to contend for a championship without a jinx looming over our organization.

Gah! I screwed up. 2016-17 it is.hang3.gif

Edited by SalvorMallow
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Why not fathom the possibilities of a championship? It's been a championship-type year. But what makes a champion? That is correct: a championship. Something that has eluded us Hawks fans for decades. Think about it. Gray Mule was but a young chap when the St. Louis Hawks won in '58 and we have watched as others have been handed championship after championship while we sit gazing from below our second-round ceiling. Heck, that doggone Kobe has 5 championships all to himself... But alas! This Hawks team seems different! This team has made us believers!  This Hawks team wins! They... :sniff sniff: This team smells like... like... a champion! And that would be the pinnacle for this championship-caliber team: a championship.

But our championship dreams are melting away because someone won't stop saying championship. Just as you don't speak of a pitcher pitching a perfect game, you don't make mention of a championship mid-season for a championship-caliber team... Because no, champions don't actually win championships. It's the tight-lipped fan base that doesn't mention championships mid-season that wins championships. Wait, what?

rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

Y'all a superstitious bunch... Jinxes only exist if you believe they exist. lol  Now watch us lose 20 of the next 22.

• Like 1