• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Any talk of Brooklyn and the draft trade swap are moved here

Admin

• Moderators

Net Positive?

I'm not so sure. They needed a defensive-minded big and wound up with T-Rob. Mason Plumlee is pretty much their one saving grace on defense. Maybe they can score in bunches now with Thad and T-Rob on board, but to do that they may have to push the tempo beyond Joe/D-Will/Jack's comfort zones. We'll see how it shakes out.

~lw3

• Moderators

So, who knew Sam Hinkie was a Hawks fan? spiteful.gif Heck, even Philly's new mascot is a Knicks fan, so...

Nets be like, "We wuz T-Robbed!"

http://www.netsdaily.com/2015/2/24/8104245/philly-pulls-fast-one

The Nets wanted Thomas Robinson. Thomas Robinson thanked God for Brooklyn. But Sam Hinkie, the 76ers GM, had other other priorities and swooped in at the last minute to take TRob off waivers. He is now a Philadelphia 76er.

Robinson had been waived by the Nuggets on Sunday. Under the NBA's waiver rules, teams can take up to 48 hours --meaning 5 p.m. Tuesday in this case-- to file claims for a player. The downside, normally, is that the claiming team has to pay the player his full salary and take on his full salary for salary cap purposes. It usually is perfunctory, particularly when the player has an agreement with another team.

But Philadelphia is not a normal team and Hinkie is not a normal GM. With a payroll so low --more than $10 million under the cap, it's been the preferred destination to dump contracts. But now, with the trade deadline past, the 76ers needed to reach the CBA floor, the salary cap minimum. So, it took the biggest contract out there, Robinson's $3.7 million deal.

~lw3

• Moderators

http://www.tankathon.com/

Thanks to Henry Walker's miracle shot last night to save Miami's bacon, as it stands, the distance between the 8th-seeded Nets and the 7th-seeded Heat (1.5 games) is now greater than the distance between the Nets and 12th-seeded Boston (1.0 games), who would get the 9th pick in the draft if the season ended today and the lotto balls bounced perfectly.

as @Ebert noted, the Nets haven't played at home in three weeks, but after playing at Houston and fuller-strength Dallas on back-to-back nights this weekend, they come home to host the Warriors on Monday.

Don't forget to pull for some of the West's also-rans: New Orleans (who's won three straight after topping Brooklyn) and Phoenix, of course. But Utah, Sacramento, and Denver shouldn't give up the ship so easily, either, as that trio is currently within 4.0 games of the Nets. 

~lw3

I knew the principle of the "magic #" I just didn't know what you were doing with that one. Clever. A countdown until we have guaranteed swap.

Guess you could use your math skills to track the worst case position as well once the magic # is hit. Maybe you can use Hawk jersey #s for that one.

Brooklyn is essentially tied for the the last playoff spot and the comically disappointing #15 pick for ATL. But technically since they played less games and then tie-breakers and what not it appears that today is the first time the Hawks would have a top 10 pick if the season ended today (and there was no lottery - lol)

• Moderators

Hooray Hawks! Boo Mavs!

Dallas let the Nets off the hook in the third quarter. I promised not to post the guy whose #3 is retired. But nobody wanted to wear #3 for the NBA Nets in the years before. So for the Draft Swap Magic Number we'll go with this guy..

Lloyd.jpg

"New Jersey Americans." OK, that'll do.

~lw3

Hooray Hawks! Boo Mavs!

Dallas let the Nets off the hook in the third quarter. I promised not to post the guy whose #3 is retired. But nobody wanted to wear #3 for the NBA Nets in the years before. So for the Draft Swap Magic Number we'll go with this guy..

Lloyd.jpg

"New Jersey Americans." OK, that'll do.

~lw3

I watched the end of that game. D Will seems to have lost 2.3 pounds. Maybe it was water weight...:-|

Yeah. That's what I thought also. But...

That's a plate full of crow for me. That's a bad loss for GS, they don't have our mettle down the stretch, still I would've sworn Steph would've went with the high glass jumper instead of allowing the damn shot clock to expire. Whatever.

I'm just not good at this rooting against Joe and Brooklyn thing. Allow me to self-impose a ban on my own self in this thread until regular season's end, thank you.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Could the Nuggets start winning games without Shaw? They still have time to pass the Nets and they don't have a bad roster...

" I Have NO Idea..." - Lester Conner

The Nets (with Thad in place of KG) may have finally caught fire with their last two wins at Dallas and versus Golden State. Plus, the G-State win kicked off a five-game homestand with Charlotte, Phoenix, Utah and New Orleans coming to the borough. If they stay at least lukewarm it will be hard to shoo them out of those last two seeds anytime soon, but it's the Nets, so we'll have to wait and see.

Denver is just five games back, but their near-term schedule is more arduous, with 4 of their next 6 games coming at San Antonio, then versus Houston, Atlanta and the Warriors.

~lw3

• Moderators

~lw3

Going to go ahead and call this one early........

ATTABOY MARVO FOR ALMOST MATCHING YOUR SEASON HIGH IN POINTS!!!!!!!!

AND ATTABOY JOE FOR SETTING A NEW SEASON LOW IN POINTS!!!!!!!!

Ex-WLOC Hawks doing their part this week.

• Like 1