• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Any talk of Brooklyn and the draft trade swap are moved here

Admin

This a hard one for me. If the Nets dont make the playoffs, we can switch up with them and get their lottery pick. This would mean facing Indiana in the first round, instead of the Nets. I know we can beat the Pacers, but it will not be as easy as facing the Nets in the first round. Opinions on this situation.........

Edited by lethalweapon3
Merged atlhawks1's topic into Nets thread

• Moderators

The Pacers' lurching to 2OT victory last night brings the Nets' Tragic Number down to...

APWilliamsBoone.jpg

Come on, Nets! It's not like Billy King knows what to do with these picks anyway!

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3

Pick. Not even close. Both the Pacers and the Nets would get the beats in the playoffs by us. We could have beat Indy last year and they aren't half as good as they were last year right now. Next season, maybe but this year there is an epic gap. 

Edited by lethalweapon3
Merged atlhawks1's topic into Nets thread

The Pacers' lurching to 2OT victory last night brings the Nets' Tragic Number down to...

APWilliamsBoone.jpg

Come on, Nets! It's not like Billy King knows what to do with these picks anyway!

~lw3

Haha Boone n Marcus...I remember the Warriors getting Marcus Will in a horrible deal, giving up a future first lol and Boone with his ft's...wow...great pic...COMON ELFRID!!!! COMON OLADIPO!!!!!!

No matter how this shakes out today, THANK YOU HAWKS for doing your part to bring the Nets to the brink!

~lw3

Agreed, and either way we are still getting their pick.

• Moderators

Also, LET'S GO HEAT! And, LET'S GO LANGSTON GALLOWAY!

The 76ers (18-63), Miami's final opponent, might not have had a better reason to lose a game all season. Brett Brown's job is safe, plus Philly lost 3 out of 4 games to the Knicks (17-64) and would "lose" a tiebreaker if both teams finish the year at 18-64. Will D-Wade sit, or will he insist on going out a "winner"?  A 97% chance at a second lotto pick this summer? What's not to like, Sixers? Tank-Tank-Tank-adelphia!

A heat "win" in Philly and a Magic win in Brooklyn gets the Hawks a #10 lotto-spot. Go Florida!

Meanwhile, a Knicks victory would give the Sixers every incentive to lose, so Knick fans may show up to MSG in Pistons jerseys tonight. Last time the two teams wrangled with each other, at Auburn Hills in February, the Knicks came away with a double-overtime win on the road. (Bring back Bargnani!) Detroit has dropped four straight away games (2-12 in their last 14), SVG's job is safe, and there's no reason to start winning away from the Palace now.

Galloway just got his career-high in the top-seed's house, and now he goes back to New York to conclude his magical season in style! LANGSTONITY!

Here's to three Knick wins in a row! Come on, Spike, say it with me... GO New York, GO New York, GO!

~lw3

• Moderators

Grizzly Watch: Memphis CAN NOT gain first-round homecourt advantage with a win today. What they might gain is a first-round meeting with 4-seed Portland, but they need help. Memphis needs either one of the Spurs (visiting the Pelicans) or the Rockets (hosting the Jazz) to lose tonight. Otherwise, they get to visit one of the Spurs/Rockets/Clippers.

They'd much prefer the TrailBlazers, who have lost three straight and have been crumbling with unfortunate injuries. But, for whatever reason, the Rockets and Spurs games start earlier tonight (8:00 PM Eastern), so the Grizzlies are likely to know whether their game with the Pacers (9:30 PM Eastern, ESPN) will have any significance by halftime.

Tony Allen (hamstring) is out, while Mike Conley and Marc Gasol are both questionable with ankle injuries. Jeff Green, Courtney Lee, and Z-Bo have all dealt with injuries/ailments of late but are expected to play.

~lw3

So lemme get this right...tonight we are rooting for:

Hornets>Raps

Bulls>Hawks

Jazz>Rockets (so jazz secure extra win over nets) or Rockets>Jazz(to guarantee Memphis has nothing to play for)?

Spurs>Pelicans (so Memphis has nothing to play for)

Magic>Nets

Knicks>Pistons

Heat>Sixers

Pacers>Grizz

Is that all right?

I think we want the Jazz to win, just in case the Nets win, even if Pacers win because that would ensure no tie between Jazz and Nets. Jazz have a better conference record than the Nets. Is that the tie breaker when 2 teams have the same record for the lottery? Or do they flip a coin? I think I remember coin. Because in the Harrison Barnes draft I remember that the Warriors and some other team were tied and flipped a coin to determine 7th and 8th and the Warriors won the toss and stayed at #7. Had they lost the toss and gotten 8th I believe the pick would have been conveyed to the Jazz via Nets or Nets directly due to the aforementioned Marcus Williams deal. As it were, they stayed at 7th and got Harrison(don't you dare call me Matt I'm no Sacramento thug) Barnes.

My memory could be foggy. Can anyone confirm?

• Premium Member

So lemme get this right...tonight we are rooting for:

Hornets>Raps

Bulls>Hawks

Jazz>Rockets (so jazz secure extra win over nets) or Rockets>Jazz(to guarantee Memphis has nothing to play for)?

Spurs>Pelicans (so Memphis has nothing to play for)

Magic>Nets

Knicks>Pistons

Heat>Sixers

Pacers>Grizz

Is that all right?

I would NEVER root for the Hawks to lose. But I wouldn't care if they did.

I think if we can beat the crap out of the Bulls then just do it and let's face them in the second round. If we manage to get out of the first, of course, which I think we definitely will. 

Edited by BrazilianHawk

I would NEVER root for the Hawks to lose. But I wouldn't care if they did.

I think if we can beat the crap out of the then just do it and let's face them in the second round. If we manage to get out of the first, of course, which I think we definitely will.

Well I guess if the Hornets beat the Raps we won't need to root against our Hawks. Unless of course you want the Bulls in round 2. The you root for Raps and us to both win.

• Premium Member

I think we want the Jazz to win, just in case the Nets win, even if Pacers win because that would ensure no tie between Jazz and Nets. Jazz have a better conference record than the Nets. Is that the tie breaker when 2 teams have the same record for the lottery? Or do they flip a coin? I think I remember coin. Because in the Harrison Barnes draft I remember that the Warriors and some other team were tied and flipped a coin to determine 7th and 8th and the Warriors won the toss and stayed at #7. Had they lost the toss and gotten 8th I believe the pick would have been conveyed to the Jazz via Nets or Nets directly due to the aforementioned Marcus Williams deal. As it were, they stayed at 7th and got Harrison(don't you dare call me Matt I'm no Sacramento thug) Barnes.

My memory could be foggy. Can anyone confirm?

Tiebreaking procedure:

a. Two Teams Tied

(1) Division leader wins tie from team not leading a division.   (2) Better winning percentage in games against each other.   (3) Better winning percentage against teams in own division (only if tied teams are in same division).   (4) Better winning percentage against teams in own conference.   (5) Better winning percentage against teams eligible for playoffs in own conference (including teams that finished the regular season tied for a playoff position).   (6) Better winning percentage against teams eligible for playoffs in opposite conference (including teams that finished the regular season tied for a playoff position).   (7) Better net result of total points scored less total points allowed against all opponents (“point differential”).

http://www.nba.com/standings/team_record_comparison/conferenceNew_Std_Div.html

Tiebreaking procedure:

a. Two Teams Tied

(1) Division leader wins tie from team not leading a division. (2) Better winning percentage in games against each other. (3) Better winning percentage against teams in own division (only if tied teams are in same division). (4) Better winning percentage against teams in own conference. (5) Better winning percentage against teams eligible for playoffs in own conference (including teams that finished the regular season tied for a playoff position). (6) Better winning percentage against teams eligible for playoffs in opposite conference (including teams that finished the regular season tied for a playoff position). (7) Better net result of total points scored less total points allowed against all opponents (“point differential”).

1)Both Utah and Brooklyn are 3rd in their respective divisions

2) Utah is 2-0 vs Brooklyn

Ok if I understand it correctly then, Utah would get the tie breaker over the Nets. So we want the Rockets to beat the Jazz so Memphis gives up and dies...lol

• Moderators

Tiebreaking procedure:

a. Two Teams Tied

(1) Division leader wins tie from team not leading a division.   (2) Better winning percentage in games against each other.   (3) Better winning percentage against teams in own division (only if tied teams are in same division).   (4) Better winning percentage against teams in own conference.   (5) Better winning percentage against teams eligible for playoffs in own conference (including teams that finished the regular season tied for a playoff position).   (6) Better winning percentage against teams eligible for playoffs in opposite conference (including teams that finished the regular season tied for a playoff position).   (7) Better net result of total points scored less total points allowed against all opponents (“point differential”).

I think that's just for playoff seeding. Unless it just changed, I think it just comes down to a coin flip "random drawings" . They did four of them last year.

http://www.nba.com/2014/news/04/18/ties-broken-2014-draft-order-official-release/

If it's just like last year, and if the Nets and Pacers both win, then the Jazz would need to win to avoid a coin flip "random drawings" with the Nets, although that's something I'm sure they won't mind.

Continued thanks to Quin and his guys for refusing to tank!

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3
  • Like 1