• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bulls/Cavs/Wiz: The media is missing an important point

HawkItus

You know all the Bulls/Cavs talk about the playoffs could be a moot point.  The way the standings are now they would cancel each other out leaving us to face only one of them.  The winner would then face the Wiz most likely and that team would be facing us after a grueling playoff march and without homecourt advantage.  I like our chances.

Cleveland is playing really well right now.  They could easily jump up to the number 2 seed.  The only teams I want to avoid at all costs in the playoffs are Chicago and Toronto.  Although the longer the season goes on, the less fearful I am of the Drake's.  Although from an excitement standpoint a series against Chicago would be epic.  

• Premium Member

The best case scenario for us is having Cleveland and Chicago finishing 2nd and 3rd. I'd much rather face the winner of a potential Washington vs. Toronto matchup in the second round.

• Like 2

The best case scenario for us is having Cleveland and Chicago finishing 2nd and 3rd. I'd much rather face the winner of a potential Washington vs. Toronto matchup in the second round.

This. I'm not even remotely scared of either Washington or Toronto.

Cleveland is likely to be our biggest threat to get into the Finals. Chicago I'd say is the 2nd biggest threat. But they are likely to be some combination of too injured and/or too worn out due to all the minutes the starters play.

Chicago is a joke. Lame-duck coach, PG who isn't intelligent enough to utilize his teammates, front line will never be healthy together. Compared to us they have no chemistry. Those are the easiest teams for the Hawks to dismantle.

At least we lost to the Lakers with Nick Young and Kobe. These clowns lost to Wayne Ellington and some other kid who looks 12. Jordan Hill beasting their front line isn't a surprise, though. Lin had some nice plays as well.

Bottom line, the Bulls were better in past years when Rose couldn't hurt them going 7-26. Aaron Brooks is twice the defender and team player. Former MVP and max guy gotta get his minutes I guess.

Edited by benhillboy

I don't really get the love affair the media has with Chicago, other than a desire to see their preseason picks pan out. They're a good team, but I think people are more impressed with the names in the box scores than the actual numbers. I like Gasol, but he's not demonstrably any different than the guy who got ran out of town in LA last year, whereas Millsap is an All Star in his absolute prime. Derrick Rose is just another guy now. There are at least 10 point guards who have surpassed him, including Teague obviously. Al and Noah cancel each other out, Butler and Korver are apples and oranges, and I take Demarre over whoever they start at 3. Good benches and coaches, but I like ours a little more.

The thing is, listen to their supporters talk about them and they'll say, "Oh, they have some chemistry issues, but when they figure it all out, watch out." Meanwhile, the Hawks have figured it all out. They're actually doing what they said Chicago and Cleveland would do. They're steamrolling teams. They're winning easily even when they don't play their best basketball. Smart basketball people recognize this, but the talking heads on ESPN/TNT act like, come playoff time, Josh Smith is gonna run out there and chuck up 25 footers for us.

But who cares. Just keep winning, Hawks.

• Like 1

...Smart basketball people recognize this...

It's just a shame more aren't on national television. To look at our season compared with Chicago's to date (beat em twice, better record thanks to a historic regular season run, defensive rankings flip-flopped, much better rested) and still declare them "the team to beat" is just idiotic. I would expect nothing less from Barkley, but there are a lot of others with actual functioning brain cells who still hold out hope for their ridiculous predictions. Do they get bonuses or something for that crap? Edited by benhillboy

• Premium Member

I agree that Chicago isn't cracked up to what they were supposed to be. They don't really scare me either. That said, I'd rather not deal with the refs giving their "names" any type of "superstar" treatment. That is the main reason I want to see them finish third. Let them and Cleveland cancel each other out and we will handle whoever won the series of the whistle in the conference finals.