• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How lucky for the fans who just picked up the Hawks since 2008?

HawkItus

1986 for me ...almost 30 years. This is the most fun I've had. 88 was cool until the Celtics game 7...93 was cool until the Nique trade.

Don't remind me about the Nique trade. All excited for my very first Hawks game, got up that morning - Nique traded for frikking DM....sigh.

I will admit...during the "Nique years" I was a Celtics fan (Bird)...I knew damned well the Hawks could never beat the Celtics in a series due to shooting percentages. Nique was a Star but not enough to beat the Celtics.

DJ every time I try to forget that you were a Celts fan, you or @Dolfan23 keep bringing it up lol

Late 90s for me. Moved to atlanta from TN when I was about 8 and Laettner, Mookie, and Henderson came to my school with Harry the Hawk. I've been hooked ever since. Wasn't used to things like that being from TN. We had no professional teams so I immediately jumped on everything atlanta

I disagree. One cannot fully appreciate the hawks without suffering the 1987 near miss game for the ages between Nique and bird. No hawks team has ever held a 3-2 lead in round 2. And this team is reminiscent of the 1993-94 team, the fundamentally-sound, dive-on-the-floor, Nique-passion team who were inexplicably stripped of their superstar and emotional leader.

Some of us have spent 20 years wondering what might have been with that team who ran away with the east, always hoping for the chance to redeem that Pete Babcock cluster. The season when Pete Babcock merely needed to stay out of his own way, he managed to bollocks it all up in an unprecedented way. I shudder. Here's to the chance I can purge that memory.

I really became a fan right after the Nique trade. I missed all that goodness. My uncle got some tickets from a guy at work and took me to a game. That coupled with my friends around that time being into basketball got me hooked. I was pretty hardcore until about midway through the Jason Terry rookie season. Then i just got busy with school and life and most of the players i liked were gone. Didnt really start following the Hawks again until somehow i was given a Hawks-Celtics playoff game ticket. Been hooked again ever since. Also got married, so bball was appealing to give me some space from the wifey and avoid all the chores she tries to give me. :-)

I remember being a freshman in HS, struggling to watch the Hawks on PAX TV. It was the hardest channel to get any reception, had to adjust my antenna like a thousand times.

We have come a long way since PAX TV. 

• Like 1

My favorite Hawks have been Spud, Nique, Mookie, Plastic Man, Smoove, Al and Teague has joined the list this year.

Oh yeah plus Zaza and Deke

Based on ur fav Hawks u love me n I love u (no H mo)