• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Testament to this teams mentality

IheartVolt

John Jenkins was just interviewed on the Hawks radio network.. He was asked about the win streak and he made a statement I find unbelievable.

He stated that the win streak has not been brought up once by coach or the team? Wtf? I mean is that even possible? I am not so sure I buy that but if true speaks volumes about the mentality of Bud and his team. I mean do you guys believe that?

Edited by IheartFerry
  • Like 4

John Jenkins was just interviewed on the Hawks radio network.. He was asked about the win streak and he made a statement I find unbelievable.

He stated that the win streak has not been brought up once by coach or the team? Wtf? I mean is that even possible? I am not so sure I buy that but if true speaks volumes about the mentality of Bud and his team. I mean do you guys believe that?

When I played ball in HS, our longest win streak was 4 games(during my sophomore year on J.V)

We couldn't stop talking about it.

Although, these are professionals, I really doubt they haven't brought up the fact they have won 19 games straight.

Edited by Richesly

They may not talk about it because they respect Bud and he's not the type to care about a win streak. Remember the Spurs won 19 games in a row last year so this is nothing new for Bud. Or they may not talk about it because of superstition. Either way I don't see any reason they'd be dishonest about it. 

• Like 4

I believe it. Bud has rings. The regular season is for building chemistry and gaining homecourt edge. The real season is the post for guys like Bud. This is new for us but not for him. I believe it and I believe that he has made our guys believe it. #stayhumblestayhungry

• Premium Member

They ain't talking about it, but they're thinking it.  You can see in on their faces and they have a little swagger in how they move on the court.  That's human nature.  I know Bud doesn't give a damn about it though.  TBH, he'll probably breathe a a little easier after the first loss.  No way this won't be a distraction late in close games.

• Like 1

Yeah, it's probably like when a pitcher has a no-hitter going.

Nique wouldn't mind talking about it though...he's not superstitious...I hear he has already called the next game for the Hawks!

I imagine if this team wins the championship that Nique would be the first one on the podium saying "I told ya'll on October 31st!"

That just gave me a sickening thought....usually the team owners give a speech during the trophy ceremony and I just thought of Gearon standing up there with all smiles. *shudders*

• Like 3

Yeah, it's probably like when a pitcher has a no-hitter going.

Nique wouldn't mind talking about it though...he's not superstitious...I hear he has already called the next game for the Hawks!

I heard that your brothers cousins uncles wife also told you that the Hawks would win their next 9 games in a row. 

• Like 4

I imagine if this team wins the championship that Nique would be the first one on the podium saying "I told ya'll on October 31st!"

That just gave me a sickening thought....usually the team owners give a speech during the trophy ceremony and I just thought of Gearon standing up there with all smiles. *shudders*

That other game where someone should beer on the court? Remember that? Yeah, it stopped play and was a WTF moment. Remember??

That. Was. Gearon.

That other game where someone should beer on the court? Remember that? Yeah, it stopped play and was a WTF moment. Remember??

That. Was. Gearon.

I have on good authority that it was GoneGearon's attempt at a silent protest.  He was all like, "Here, this'll cool y'all off a bit."

I believe it. Bud has rings. The regular season is for building chemistry and gaining homecourt edge. The real season is the post for guys like Bud. This is new for us but not for him. I believe it and I believe that he has made our guys believe it. #stayhumblestayhungry

I love that mentality and it's a big reason why this great regular season will not be seen (by the team) as some "we've arrived" moment.  They're probably just as hungry to prove the doubters wrong in the 'second season'.

These guys are bombarded by everyone in every interview and every pregame and postgame. Its on everyone's mind. Coach Bud dont have to mention the streak, his job is to prepare his team for the next game. Not a surprise to me that he doesn't talk about it.

it will be a real testament to Bud and the Hawks if they can stay humble and grounded with all the buzz. In every interview I feel the media is seeking to stoke pride, ego, and something to divide the team with.

So far so good. My concerns of late have to do with our diminishing assists.

• Like 1

This team and Coach Bub have seen enough playoffs to realize that a regular season win streak will mean nothing in the playoffs.  Now if they approach the all time record and it could be different with it thrown in their faces every 2 minutes.  I just hope they keep letting the bench get experience and rest starters so we don't have anyone else get hurt.   

• Like 1

They may think about this streak, they're not gonna talk about it. All 5 starters said that on the ESPN interview. They're gonna lose eventually, maybe two or three in a row. It's the way it goes. They're enjoying the ride....

I heard that your brothers cousins uncles wife also told you that the Hawks would win their next 9 games in a row.

Lmao...I'm so glad DJ's son was wrong about Andrew Bynum. That would have been disastrous.

I laughed at this probably more than I should have...

• Like 4