• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dennis Schröder Bucket and Steal

hoochblues

If he isn't a star I don't know who the hell is. On a team full of good, likable guys, he's easily gonna be the target of a lot of hate come playoff time the way he shows up the other team on the slick. Hence, the technicals are gonna pile up.

With each game he's maturing into the insanely naturally gifted and instinctual pure basketball player many expected.

• Like 4

I have to give @nbasuperstar40retired props - he was the first that I can remember who really thought Dennis was gonna be something special.

I know right. Even when he was stinking up the joint he was still driving the bus, at 75 MPH through stop signs. I thought he was crazy after Shredder did nothing last year, but he damn sure called it. With Bud's confidence and guaranteed minutes, the kid's overflowing with talent.

The best thing Bud had done for the guys is turn them all into scouts, but probably none shrewder than Schröder (ha). He immediately processes and acts on the opposing players' weaknesses. Every finish over (or under) a Big has a slight difference, every PG is pressured a certain way. Everything is situational and positional based on the matchup with him, and he knows his quickness is usually the advantage. He just waits for the perfect second to strike with it.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

I know right. Even when he was stinking up the joint he was still driving the bus, at 75 MPH through stop signs. I thought he was crazy after Shredder did nothing last year, but he damn sure called it. With Bud's confidence and guaranteed minutes, the kid's overflowing with talent.

The best thing Bud had done for the guys is turn them all into scouts, but probably none shrewder than Schröder (ha). He immediately processes and acts on the opposing players' weaknesses. Every finish over (or under) a Big has a slight difference, every PG is pressured a certain way. Everything is situational and positional based on the matchup with him, and he knows his quickness is usually the advantage. He just waits for the perfect second to strike with it.

He was, he advocated trading Teague and starting Dennis, classic.

He still isn't better than Teague. His jump shot is inconsistent and needs to practice actually attacking the rim with authority. Just watching games and hawk fans know exactly what he is going to do. But I'm on the Denis bandwagon. Great pick by Danny the God.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Starting to love me some Schröder, especially as a backup PG. Seriously, who else has a backup PG with that much to offer? I do sometimes get a little irritated with too much ISO-Schro, but I think I understand what Bud is doing with him. Schro always says Bud is always on him to attack the basket, drive the lane over and over again. Bud has said the same thing. I think the next step in Schro's evolution will be learning better how to get his teammates involved with better and more consistent passess instead of mostly taking the shot himself. When he gets better at that skill, watch out NBA.