• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Stoudemire anyone?

Peoriabird

We are not trading Pero for Stoudemire!  We are just adding Stoudemire as another big man option!  Pero doesn't play every game and many times when he is terrible, he is hurting the team..Those are the times you can insert someone else like a former all star who still shoots 55% from the field and gets you 20/11 per 40 minutes with a TS of 58.9

OK, let’s try to get this message to reach home another way then. Whether you agree with Coach Bud or not, do you admit that he believes we don't need another big man? I mean, he's the one that said this after trading Payne: “The reality (of the trade is) the depth of our bigs and having multiple young bigs that we feel strongly about and managing how those young bigs can have opportunities and emerge,” Budenholzer said. Payne was traded because we don't have time to play all the Bigs we currently have that need playing time.

Does that sound to you like a man who thinks we need another big man? Whether or not you agree with that assessment is irrelevant - it doesn't matter. What matters is that you have to actually acknowledge Bud does not think we need another big man. If you don't accept that statement, you're pretty much calling Bud a liar? Once you come to the conclusion that the man in charge of adding players to this team feels that way, then the conversation for adding a big man is for all intents and purposes over.

We have Brand and Moose that would be getting playing time instead of Pero if Bud actually believed that Pero wasn't getting the job done. Obviously since Pero is still playing, Coach doesn't feel that way. I'm sorry that you don't agree, but I think you'll reduce your stress level if you allow yourself to admit that the guy who knows way more about basketball than either of us feels like Pero brings something to the floor that he wants out there.

Edited by RandomFan
  • Like 3

• Premium Member

Looks like it's pretty much a done deal to the Mavs.

Not really.  There is still a 50/50 chance he could come here.

• Premium Member

We have Brand and Moose that would be getting playing time instead of Pero if Bud actually believed that Pero wasn't getting the job done. Obviously since Pero is still playing, Coach doesn't feel that way. I'm sorry that you don't agree, but I think you'll reduce your stress level if you allow yourself to admit that the guy who knows way more about basketball than either of us feels like Pero brings something to the floor that he wants out there.

I wonder if that tune will change once we lose in the playoffs!

• Admin

This isn't 2007 man. Amare has been dunzo for a while now. Elton Brand>Amare how you like that one?

I have to agree ... he is a shell of his former self.  He doesn't bring any D, passing or rebounding and his offensive game is not what is use to be ... he no longer has the explosiveness that defined that part of his game.  A team in need of some scoring from the pf position could use him.

I am glad he is gone to big D.  Better there then here

Edited by capstone21
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

I have to agree ... he is a shell of his former self.  He doesn't bring any D, passing or rebounding and his offensive game is not what is use to be ... he no longer has the explosiveness that defined that part of his game.  A team in need of some scoring from the pf position could use him.

I am glad he is gone to big D.  Better there then here

No rebounding????  You talking about Pero or Stoudemire?