• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who do you want to see as the 4/5 seeds?

bumpyphish1

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

does it really matter ?? If we are healthy we should bring things to the table that every team should fear.  Its great to have an easy path to the finals, but personally I dont care how they line up I just want our team healthy so we give whoever we are playing our best shot.

• Like 2

does it really matter ?? If we are healthy we should bring things to the table that every team should fear.  Its great to have an easy path to the finals, but personally I dont care how they line up I just want our team healthy so we give whoever we are playing our best shot.

It matters because there will be factors that aren't in our control (i.e. the league/refs' LeyBrun/Rose fascination).

I would like to see Chi/Wash in the 4/5.  Washington is, by far, the weakest of the top 5 and Chicago is the only team that they match up well with.  I can't see Washington pulling an upset against Clev or Toronto while they might be able to do so against Chicago.  A second round matchup against Washington means we coast in to the ECF's. 

• Like 2

It matters because there will be factors that aren't in our control (i.e. the league/refs' LeyBrun/Rose fascination).

things you cant control dont matter - what does matter is the things you can control - like being prepared mentally and physically, having a great game plan and executing it.   When you can figure out how to overcome the refs  and their fascination  with the marque players let me know.  All the Hawks can do is show up and play hard - who we play doesnt matter to me.

Toronto is not only the only team to beat us twice this year but theyve beaten 3 times total which means they have figured out something in our matchup that they can exploit. 25% of our losses have come from Toronto. I dont fear them on paper either but when it comes time to play they have proven to be the better team on the floor this season. Similar to our matchup with Orlando a few years ago when we finally figured out Dwight. They were a better overall team in the standings but we had a solid gameplan they couldnt overcome. Sometimes matchups happen like that.

I will say thjs, whether its 2nd or 3rd round I believe we are going to have to face the Cavs. I feel like Lebron sitting out against us was some sort of conspiracy. The league wants our matchup to happen at somepoint in the playoffs

Toronto is not only the only team to beat us twice this year but theyve beaten 3 times total which means they have figured out something in our matchup that they can exploit. 25% of our losses have come from Toronto. I dont fear them on paper either but when it comes time to play they have proven to be the better team on the floor this season. Similar to our matchup with Orlando a few years ago when we finally figured out Dwight. They were a better overall team in the standings but we had a solid gameplan they couldnt overcome. Sometimes matchups happen like that.

I will say thjs, whether its 2nd or 3rd round I believe we are going to have to face the Cavs. I feel like Lebron sitting out against us was some sort of conspiracy. The league wants our matchup to happen at somepoint in the playoffs

I started off the season not even considering the Raptors as a contender but changed my tune pretty quickly. Versus us they have the biggest player on the court in Valencunas, 4 handling guards ranging from good to great in Vasquez, Sweet, Lowry, and DeRozan (more impressed with him every time I see him), and utility Bigs in Patterson and Johnson who are athletic and most importantly can run with Al, Sap, and Mike.

I'm confident we'll run through any team in the East (as evidenced by trashing them all) besides We The North. All the other, traditionally built clubs have slow, lumbering Bigs (although I like the little I've seen of Mozgov) and their PGs are soft compared to Lowry. And I'm saying all this after a horrible loss to the Pelicans' second string.

Edited by benhillboy

• Premium Member

At this point, the only team that I really don't want to see is Cleveland.  For one, they seem to have gotten their act together and filled the team out decently.  More importantly though, LeBron is a big time player.  In close games, which tend to happen in the playoffs, I'd rather not worry about LeBron making critical baskets against us or drawing attention with guys like Love, Irving, and Smith ready to make a shot.  Cavs don't scare me, but all the same...I don't want to see them until the ECF's.

Washington is obviously our best matchup, but I like us against Chicago too.  Their defense isn't what it was and they just don't look as dominant as they were a few years ago.  They look vulnerable and we look GREAT.  So I vote CHI/WAS at the 4/5 (obviously hoping for Washington to take them out).

At this point, the only team that I really don't want to see is Cleveland. For one, they seem to have gotten their act together and filled the team out decently. More importantly though, LeBron is a big time player. In close games, which tend to happen in the playoffs, I'd rather not worry about LeBron making critical baskets against us or drawing attention with guys like Love, Irving, and Smith ready to make a shot. Cavs don't scare me, but all the same...I don't want to see them until the ECF's.

Washington is obviously our best matchup, but I like us against Chicago too. Their defense isn't what it was and they just don't look as dominant as they were a few years ago. They look vulnerable and we look GREAT. So I vote CHI/WAS at the 4/5 (obviously hoping for Washington to take them out).

I like to sh@t on Cleveland a lot becuase their owner is clueless, coach is a lame duck, and LeBron has clearly lost some explosiveness after 30. His game going forward is going to suffer from losing focus defensively without Spoelstra and Riley constantly preaching it and he's always been iffy about his post game. Bud comes from a system that has had great success against LeBron, culminating in the worst home loss of his career at our hands. But Mozgov and Shump were exactly what they needed. LeBron doesn't need any direction or help, even at about 85% of his apex "King" status. Everything they've done is to enhance what Kyrie does well (go ham with Isos) and mask what he doesn't (defend).

They surely could have hope against us with a heavy gameplan of turnovers and threes, but Bud ain't having any of that. Kyrie and JR Smith still "take too much off the table" in the words of Bill Simmons, while all our guys only "bring forth" towards the dining experience. Love Pero, but I would hope Bud wouldn't play him in the postseason if he was mired in a shooting slump like he is now. Even when awful, he's still better than Perk, though.

Edited by benhillboy

Well this should change things considerably. Chicago is pretty much done as a contender, at least for this year.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/12378016/chicago-bulls-guard-derrick-rose-undergo-surgery-repair-torn-meniscus-table-uncertain

Derrick Rose to undergo surgery

Chicago Bulls guard Derrick Rose has a torn meniscus in his right knee and will undergo surgery, the team said Tuesday. 

Rose reported earlier in the day with right knee pain. An exam and subsequent MRI confirmed the tear.

A timetable for Rose's return will be determined once he has surgery, the team said.

Edited by RandomFan

How simplistic.  Of course it matters.  I'd love to see whoever Cleveland plays take them to seven games while we finish earlier and get a little rest.  The point is to maximize your chances.  So, yeah, it matters.

• Like 1

Well this should change things considerably. Chicago is pretty much done as a contender, at least for this year.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/12378016/chicago-bulls-guard-derrick-rose-undergo-surgery-repair-torn-meniscus-table-uncertain

Derrick Rose to undergo surgery

Chicago Bulls guard Derrick Rose has a torn meniscus in his right knee and will undergo surgery, the team said Tuesday. 

Rose reported earlier in the day with right knee pain. An exam and subsequent MRI confirmed the tear.

A timetable for Rose's return will be determined once he has surgery, the team said.

Would love to see Toronto and Cleveland as 2-3. Not scared after that.

Yeah, big change of events here.  Could play right into our hands.  Gotta say this makes Toronto and Cleveland the de facto favorites to get the 2/3.  Great news for the Hawks.  Sorry Bulls fans and Derek Rose, but man, if we weren't sitting pretty before, we sure are now.  Washington or an injury depleted Chicago in Round 2.  We will, indeed, coast to the ECF.

I wouldn't write off Chicago so quickly. They still have a tough team and could pose a lot of problems. Now with Jo and Pau`s achy knees, theyre not far from major devastation, but they still have some nice pieces.

Terrible for D Rose though. Damn. Just cant get right.

Taj isn't healthy either.  He's playing with a torn ligament in his hand.  The Bulls never live up to the ridiculous preseason expectations placed on them by the media and the casual fan.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2015-02-23/bulls-taj-gibson-playing-with-torn-ligament-tom-thibodeau

I wonder how much Gasol is regretting his decision to choose Chicago over Atlanta.

He lost out on more money, an offense that fit him perfectly, an actual chance to contend and he wouldn't have had to play as many minutes per game. 

• Like 1

things you cant control dont matter - what does matter is the things you can control - like being prepared mentally and physically, having a great game plan and executing it.   When you can figure out how to overcome the refs  and their fascination  with the marque players let me know.  All the Hawks can do is show up and play hard - who we play doesnt matter to me.

Take a look at what's happening to the Warriors tonite in CLE.  The things you can't control (i.e. the refs) matter.  Gotta avoid CLE as long as possible.