• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dave Chappelle Go See Him!

phoostal

I went and saw Dave Chappelle last night in Orlando (live here).  He was funny as hell!  He sold out both shows within a half hour.  He sold out so quick he added tonight as well (not scheduled).  What I'm shocked about is that he is playing Atlanta this weekend and he is having trouble selling out.  He is thinking about coming back to Orlando because Atlanta is having trouble selling out.  

I'm encouraging out Atlantan's to go out and see him.  He is still relevant.  His material is spot on and up to date.  No doubt in my mind if he wanted to he could be in the mainstream with no problem.  I just don't think Dave wants the spotlight.  I love the guy if you can't already tell by now.  I know he may not be Tyler Perry or Kat Williams Atlanta but he is so good you won't regret seeing him.  

Remember what did the five fingers say to the face?

You guys and gals will love the show.

• Like 2

I love Chappelle. Always have. If I lived there I'd be there in a second. Waiting for his show is Cali. I loved him ever since Reggie Warrington in Nutty Professor 96.

Saw him in Nashville a couple of weeks ago....stupid funny

• Like 1

• Moderators

I think he's doing 3 straight nights, 2 shows a night in Atlanta at the tabernacle.   My guess is the tabernacle holds 2000-3000.   So I think he's doing well here.  Maybe he hasn't sold out all six shows but i think it's on the radar.

Dave Chappelle Crowd Demands Refunds For Slurry, Half Baked Show
4/25/2015 1:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

Dave Chappelle proved even comedic geniuses have off nights ... because hundreds of angry fans are demanding refunds after a Detroit performance many are calling a drunken catastrophe.

According to multiple people in the crowd during Thursday night's 9:30 show at the Fillmore ... a seemingly wasted Chappelle took the stage an hour late (mostly due to the crowd still being seated), and told very few jokes. Instead, he sat quietly smoking, rambling, and slurring his speech.

In this video you can hear someone in the crowd yell, "Let's hear some of the act!" Dave responds, "Well sir, it's a little late for that. Right now I've gotta get off the stage because it's 2:00 in the morning."

The crowd quickly reminds him it was only 1 AM.

Now fans are ripping Dave on Facebook, calling the show ... "A waste of time and money" ... "more like a press conference" ... and "HORRIBLE." Fans dropped anywhere from $50 to about $240 for tickets, and although many are demanding refunds ... a Fillmore spokesperson tells us they're not responsible for artists' content.

In other words ... tough luck, crowd.

As for Dave ... a rep tells us, "Out of the 50 shows on the tour, Thursday was definitely not his best set On the flip side, the incident inspired some additional sharp-witted material and (Friday) he came back with a vengeance."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2015/04/25/dave-chappelle-show-drunk-video-jokes-refunds-detroit/#ixzz3YWNdKp2O