• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Game 5 winner

bobrathbun4pres

Win @ home or stay home!

"Do you believe?"  I'm beginning to.  Not in the Hawks but in the Nets and ex Hawk Joe Johnson.

Too many things have gone wrong for Atlanta.  Blowing that 12 point lead is just one of them.

That "miracle" three point shot - Hit from "way down town" with Jeff T. in his face and the clock

drained - it went to -00 while the shot was in the air - let all the air out of our balloon.

Tied at the end of regulations.  That means, hit just one of those free throws that Hawks missed

and we win that game.  But, as we all know, that didn't happen.

Tried to force so many passes into traffic, turning the ball over and Nets scoring.  Over and over

they did this.  Why?  Nets increased their defensive pressure and Hawks couldn't take it.

Where is Moose?  I felt that he had earned playing time by what he had done late in the season.

Guess this just proves I don't understand things.

Two Nets had 5 fouls when overtime began, yet Hawks didn't try to get that 6th one on either.

Guess I don't understand.

Hawks got called for a foul on a jump ball which no one could understand or explain.  Yet, Jeff T.

had an elbow planted on his chin that floored him and not a whistle could be heard.   Guess I don't

understand.  Not saying the ref's were in the Nets pocket but, gee whiz.  Would someone please

explain these two calls or no calls to me.

Win @ home, both games, or stay home.  We now know we can't win in NY.

Rickey Recardo of "I love Lucy" would sometimes say, "Someone has got some 'splainin to do."

As I said, I don't understand a lot of this and no one can explain it.  Gee.  One would think, with

all the smart posters here, Someone would clear things up for my befuddled mind.  Please!

spiteful.gif

Nah, I don't believe that.  It's very hard to beat a team 4 games in a row during the playoffs, unless the mismatches you have over them are so great, that they can't overcome them.

Brooklyn is very capable of winning Game 5 in Atlanta, because a guy like JJ is due to have a Deron like game.  And my fear is that he's going to have it in Atlanta.  Most of his better playoff games, both as a Hawk and as a Net, have come on the road.

Brooklyn winning Game 5 would have them sky high and put us in desperation mode. And Brooklyn normally doesn't play well when people expect them to play well.

Conversely, we SHOULD win Game 5. Now Brooklyn would be the one in desperation mode, while we'd know that we would have another game at Philips.  

So I don't think that the Game 5 winner wins the series in Game 6.  This looks like a 7 game series no matter what.

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises

• Premium Member

Nah, I don't believe that.  It's very hard to beat a team 4 games in a row during the playoffs, unless the mismatches you have over them are so great, that they can't overcome them.

Brooklyn is very capable of winning Game 5 in Atlanta, because a guy like JJ is due to have a Deron like game.  And my fear is that he's going to have it in Atlanta.  Most of his better playoff games, both as a Hawk and as a Net, have come on the road.

Brooklyn winning Game 5 would have them sky high and put us in desperation mode. And Brooklyn normally doesn't play well when people expect them to play well.

Conversely, we SHOULD win Game 5. Now Brooklyn would be the one in desperation mode, while we'd know that we would have another game at Philips.  

So I don't think that the Game 5 winner wins the series in Game 6.  This looks like a 7 game series no matter what.

This better not make it to 7 games. If it takes the Hawks 7 games to beat the Nets, the Wizards series probably won't end well. Those guys are on fire. I want to believe that the Hawks can make it to the ECF and beyond, but they're not making it easy right now. Hopefully, they can get back to executing with the precision we all saw a few months ago.