• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Per SportsVU data, Hawks were just 15-49 on uncontested field goal attempts in Game 1. That is 30.6%

SalvorMallow

• Premium Member

Encouraging sign.  We shoot this poorly, and it still comes down to the last possession?  

Hawks in 5

• Like 3

I thought it was obviously not the Wizards defense....and it's a shame the Wizards are trying to credit themselves as if they locked the Hawks down....those same shots in the first half was there in the second half!

Just better ball movement and we are ok...defense was solid for most of the game too other than wall being left open on that high pick n roll but yeah everyone can relax now! Lol

Oh and by the way good find man....now everyone on the squawk can take a chill pill,

Edited by JTB

• Moderators

And this is why I'm still confident in the Hawks for the series. The Hawks beat themselves today. Couldn't make a shot, even if was a layup at the cup.  It's the woes of being a jump shooting team. Live by the jump shot, die by the jump shot.

• Like 1

The same crap went on in round one against Brooklyn. Obviously it's not fixed and won't be either. This series will be a grind and the Hawks already lost the home court advantage.

The same crap went on in round one against Brooklyn. Obviously it's not fixed and won't be either. This series will be a grind and the Hawks already lost the home court advantage.

Yeah I mean you have to make your open shots!…..I was just watching the cavs vs bulls game and if James Jones had actually knocked down those wide open 3pt shots in the 1st quarter the cars wouldn't have had to waste so much energy fighting back in the game.

Then Lebron started to try to drive more but it was pretty clear that he was tired as his drives weren't as strong though he made plenty of tough shots around the goal. Of course obviously defense was the biggest issue just saying James jones wide open 3pt shots in that 1st quarter could have neutralized the defense woes.

My point is that jump shooting as Im sure you already know goes and comes but what I don't understand is how people are going to get upset at players taking a wide open shot rather than putting the ball on the ground and going into the paint knowing the refs may not give you the call. In my observation if Teague and Sap can't get the call none of our players will so I hate to say it but the hawks need to be sure they knock down their wide open shots cause to me the refs giving us calls just aint no guarantee even if we do drive more.

Got to hit those open shots……take what the defense give you and make they ass pay!

I feel like Washington missed just as many easy shots if not more. The Hawks just went full chuck mode as the game went on. Maybe it was fatigue from the quick turnaround, but that's the way it goes. They can't stop attacking and cutting and looking for easy baskets. Some nights Horford bails us out with his midrange shot, but it wasn't falling yesterday.