• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's say we trade Teague for #6 SAC.

NBASupes

While I might overreact in the game threads, I won't here. Jeff is a very good PG. Dennis is a decent PG with potential to be an excellent PG. I am in the mind to trade Jeff right now as he as two years left on his great deal but if we did get a very good deal, it might be time to trade him and continue to develop Dennis. 

Agree nbasupe just depends who offers what for Teague.

Exactly,we can't trade him for even fair value, we need more. For crying out like, as our offensively stud, he led us to 60 wins and the ECF but Dennis is more talented, younger and we badly need more talent. 

• Like 1

Hawks need to do something can't sit pat. This playoff series just shows how far Hawks have to go. Can't shoot, bad decisions,bad defense.Teague isn't playing like an elite guard and while Schröder puts up to many bricks from outside I would trade Teague if you can get something good. Schröder and Mack can handle the pg duties.

• Like 1

It's true that Dennis is not quite ready. But... waiting until he is means you let Teague go for nothing and lose out on talent. Teague is at his peak and also at his peak value. We are probably not going to resign him in 2 years anyway. If Teague would be consistently ALPHA like he could have been I'd say keep him. But last night showed me that if he cannot put his team on his back against Matthew Delavadova and no one to stop him, then he is expendable. We can take our lumps with Dennis and add more talent to the roster while freeing up cap space to pursue some vets.

Of course Dennis isn't ready to take over. He's barely beyond being a teenager. Considering that, he's done a great job in the playoffs and has improved so much. He's a season or two away from being ready to take the starting spot. The question is, do we trade Teague to get the most value out of him, even when the position would be downgraded the following season? In othe words, trading now for value down the road.

Of course Dennis isn't ready to take over. He's barely beyond being a teenager. Considering that, he's done a great job in the playoffs and has improved so much. He's a season or two away from being ready to take the starting spot. The question is, do we trade Teague to get the most value out of him, even when the position would be downgraded the following season? In othe words, trading now for value down the road.

It depends on the value 6/McLemore is very good. 6/Stauskas is solid. Both are doable.

Just watching tape of Winslow and if it turns out the Hawks don't resign DMC I would look into trading up for Winslow. You got a feeling at this point the Kings might look at a vet since drafting for them is dicey(having been in the lotto the last 10 yrs)I like what Winslow brings good defense, high basket ball IQ,athletic, and he seems to be a clutch player something the Hawks currently lack. I mean the Hawks seem indecisive when it comes to 3 minutes and under for the game. I think Winslow can b that guy, 

I wouldn't be against getting Mario either if Winslow were unavailable. The kid can get his own shot off although he needs refinement being a team player it appears. The Hawks if they decide to deal Teague better do it soon otherwise he'll be a free agent in a few years and they'll get nothing.

Edited by thescout5

Just watching tape of Winslow and if it turns out the Hawks don't resign DMC I would look into trading up for Winslow. You got a feeling at this point the Kings might look at a vet since drafting for them is dicey(having been in the lotto the last 10 yrs)I like what Winslow brings good defense, high basket ball IQ,athletic, and he seems to be a clutch player something the Hawks currently lack. I mean the Hawks seem indecisive when it comes to 3 minutes and under for the game. I think Winslow can b that guy, 

I wouldn't be against getting Mario either if Winslow were unavailable. The kid can get his own shot off although he needs refinement being a team player it appears. The Hawks if they decide to deal Teague better do it soon otherwise he'll be a free agent in a few years and they'll get nothing.

I think we should trade up regardless. I think DMC is going to be 30-33 and Winslow and Hezonja aren't ready to play SF on a below average team and do good much less a contender. Both need time off the bench for a couple years to learn the game the right way.

I still think Teague for #6/Mac or Staukas is ideal. We need talent and depth. Baze showed that he's likely a 10th man at best. Thabo is 31, coming off a broken leg and what not. DMC needs to be brough back at all cost. He's too important. The heart and soul of the team. He does a lot on the court. If we trade or don't trade Jeff, we need someone like DMC no matter what. He's too vital.

But I do think we need to look at Winslow or Hezonja if we are at the #6 pick.

How about drafing Dekker and adding Danny Green. The Hawks from past history don't seem to take chances on trading up in the draft but stay where they are. I would like to move up but if not I think this might be what the Hawks do. Dekker is developing and seems to have a high basketball IQ. Add in Green at shooting guard and maybe Monroe at power forward that should give the Hawks a better team. I like Sap and think he is playing with an injury but he isn't getting younger and so far Cleveland has shown that size matters outrebounding the Hawks. Sap has not been clutch in these playoffs thus I say move on. Hawks need to get younger and add more talent so if not Winslow/Mario then Dekker,Monroe, Green would really help and you keep Teague. My question is Hawks need players who can get their shot off on their own and most important finishers. You can play 45 minutes of solid bal but those last 3 minutes you need clutch players so even with Monroe,Green and Dekker are any of them clutch? It is something to think about because teams like Cleveland and Golden State have that. If not Lebron Cleveland has JR,Shupert,Jones. Golden State Curry,Thompson.

I don;t know if you have noticed but those last 3 minutes of the game the Hawks look like a deer in headlights. They get in the half court game and put up stupid shots or shots that are bricks. Ball movement seems very slow and the Hawks end up putting up bad shots alot of times.    

How about drafing Dekker and adding Danny Green. The Hawks from past history don't seem to take chances on trading up in the draft but stay where they are. I would like to move up but if not I think this might be what the Hawks do. Dekker is developing and seems to have a high basketball IQ. Add in Green at shooting guard and maybe Monroe at power forward that should give the Hawks a better team. I like Sap and think he is playing with an injury but he isn't getting younger and so far Cleveland has shown that size matters outrebounding the Hawks. Sap has not been clutch in these playoffs thus I say move on. Hawks need to get younger and add more talent so if not Winslow/Mario then Dekker,Monroe, Green would really help and you keep Teague. My question is Hawks need players who can get their shot off on their own and most important finishers. You can play 45 minutes of solid bal but those last 3 minutes you need clutch players so even with Monroe,Green and Dekker are any of them clutch? It is something to think about because teams like Cleveland and Golden State have that. If not Lebron Cleveland has JR,Shupert,Jones. Golden State Curry,Thompson.

I don;t know if you have noticed but those last 3 minutes of the game the Hawks look like a deer in headlights. They get in the half court game and put up stupid shots or shots that are bricks. Ball movement seems very slow and the Hawks end up putting up bad shots alot of times.    

Danny Green isn't good though. He's a 3 and D guy, we don't need anymore 3 and D guys. We already have DMC who does a lot more, plays smarter and does a great job cutting to the basket. Danny Green is a MLE guy who starts because San Antonio has some really talented players around him to subside what he lacks. Starting Danny Green would hurt our team, not help us.

Dekker is still kind of raw. He will take years before he is even effective on a NBA court for more than 10 mins a game for a contender. Even a scrub team wouldn't play him much as a rookie outside of the Sixers who play D-League guys.

Monroe is a center and we can't add him and keep Millsap. It's one or the other.

You can really forget about replacing Korver, it's too hard to find someone to replace him and the ones like Jimmy Butler who can are getting max offers.

Edited by nbasupes40retired

If the Hawks keep DMC and Korver starting and just add Monroe what good is that? You need a player who can get his shot off. DMC is playing injured but when healthy didn't score alot vs the Cavs.I don't mind adding Monroe for the boards but the Hawks still need a finisher and the best position to do that is shooting guard. Bring back the same Hawks team the Hawks will get bounced again next year.I thought Teague played well but I'd still deal him for Winslow. 

I would entertain either Teague or Shredder for the Kings pick if Winslow or Russell falls, MAYBE if Hezonja does, but I'm not convinced totally that we should. Trading Teague signifies a pretty big step back when we're pretty close. I think with our $9M or so of cap space + Dekker or Booker + some internal improvement we could be right there again with the same team plus some modifications.

I'd also rather try and use Teague in a package for Chris Paul. I don't think it's impossible if he's tired of losing in the second round. Maybe Noah is available, a Sap/Noah/Horford rotation would be sick. I think Millsap would be fine with winning 6MOY for us and closing games.

• Like 1

Teague for 6/Nik S is fair and balanced.

Can I ask when you fell in love with Nik? Was it overnight? Do you like Nik more or less than Mayo?