• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's say we trade Teague for #6 SAC.

NBASupes

Excellent points by Ebert and supes, Teague has a lot of a value in this PG oriented league. It's really a luxury to have 2 quality PGs in our team, and I really think Schröder will be ready next year to step in to a starting role. If we can get Mclemore and Winslow for Teague, it'd be a no-brainer. I wouldn't do that trade if Winslow is already gone by the 6th pick though...

• Like 2

Ok. Let's play this game. Hawks swap Teague for a pick and a player and add young depth. That would also clear huge cap to a team under the cap. A real win for free agency. What would that allow us to sign? Alternatively, for a team over the cap, what do we need to take back in return? And what does that do to free agency?

Edited by Bamalawdawg

Teague will be making 8 million next year. What the Hawks could do is draft Winslow or Mario, have their own pick draft  big maybe Christmas who is rising up boards, and resign Carroll and Sap. It would give the team a ton of options. I doubt the Hawks would keep their own pick though. Very interesting move if it happened. Hawks need a future star one who can get his own shot off. Oh I didn't even mention Hawks would still hae enough to sign a Wes Mathews type.

Gone: Teague

Add: Winslow or Mario..Wes Mathews, a big

Your adding 3 prominent players and losing one in Teague. Your also building for the future while being competitive by keeping Sap,Carroll and Mathews. I really like the move but I doubt it happens. I think Schröder is ready to take over and Mack could be the backup.

Winslow

I agree. Thabo is injury prone and Bazemore is undersized, won't lose size or defense if they were to get Winslow. I'm surprised Philly won't try to go after Teague incase Mudiay is taken. Teague's dad and Brett Brown are real close. 

Who would we target? 

For me it's: 

Porzigins

or 

Hezonja 

I like Kristaps a tad more bur Hezonja is a legit prospect. 

Let me get this straight....In a PG driven league, you want the Hawks to trade our Allstar PG who is 26, for a kid who has barely played a year of basketball at the college level.....sigh

• Like 1

I understand the wanting to trade for the 6th pick but I don't particularly want to entrust this team to Dennis

As a Dennis supporter, neither do I but then again, considering his progression, he should be much better. I wasn't hyped to start Jeff several years ago either. Dennis does have the talent and potential but Jeff is a much better player and PG at this stage. 

With that said, we have to get more assets than just the #6 pick. McLemore would be a great fit for us off the bench and as a developmental piece. 

The love for Dennis is insane as he is average at best.  This team will take a giant step back if the reigns are given to Dennis next season.The kid also takes 3-5 hard hits per game.  Having him start with no competent backup sounds like a ticking time bomb.

The love for Dennis is insane as he is average at best.  This team will take a giant step back if the reigns are given to Dennis next season.The kid also takes 3-5 hard hits per game.  Having him start with no competent backup sounds like a ticking time bomb.

I don't know, Dennis was pretty good in spot starts for Jeff but Dennis decision making must improve. Dennis improved a lot from last to this year and I expect the same in 2015-16. 

@capstone21, No, He runs the offense but he is sometimes too confident. Which leads to bad decisions. 

Edited by nbasupes40retired

I'm excited about Dennis' future seeing the jump from last season to this season but he's not ready to take over.

When Dennis plays with the starters he's runs the point.  When he plays with the mostly the bench he thinks he's the show.

He can be careless and reckless with the ball - he has to learn to value the ball.

It's a learning process -  It's his first playoffs.   Just like Teague had to learn so does Dennis.

I don't know, Dennis was pretty good in spot starts for Jeff but Dennis decision making must improve. Dennis improved a lot from last to this year and I expect the same in 2015-16. 

@capstone21, No, He runs the offense but he is sometimes too confident. Which leads to bad decisions. 

How do you call it running the offense when he comes down and jacks up a shot before a single pass.

I'm not giving the reigns to Dennis until he can prove to be consistent and level-headed.  He is nowhere close to being either of those at the moment and I doubt he will be next year.

I'm excited about Dennis' future seeing the jump from last season to this season but he's not ready to take over.

When Dennis plays with the starters he's runs the point.  When he plays with the mostly the bench he thinks he's the show.

He can be careless and reckless with the ball - he has to learn to value the ball.

It's a learning process -  It's his first playoffs.   Just like Teague had to learn so does Dennis.

Is he ready, probably not. Will be ready? Who knows. 

So many of these guys were arguing with me about should he even be in the NBA. That was proven wrong. 

Let's say we trade Teague and filler for #6/McLemore. We still have the #15 and can take Payne or Grant as a backup PG. 

Edited by nbasupes40retired

Is he ready, probably not. Will be ready? Who knows.

So many of these guys were arguing with me about should he even be in the NBA. That was proven wrong.

Let's say we trade Teague and filler for #6/McLemore. We still have the #15 and can take Payne or Grant as a backup PG.

I honestly don't know anything about these college players but I don't know how I feel about Dennis and a rookie PG handljng the reigns next season.

People argued with you about Dennis because you wanted to dump Teague and start Dennis last season (though there was someone who said Dennis wasn't an NBA player).

I love Teague and Dennis. Teague is the starter. Dennis is 21 years old. I'd say he's about 2 years away from being considered the starter. By that time, Teague will be in the final year of his 4 year deal I believe so it makes us flexible and gives us options.