• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hats off to the Wizards, they did not quit; Hawks grit, & history..

agentorange90

First off, elated about the Hawks EC finals.  I started watching the Hawks back in the 80's when they first came on the Super Station - the teams that had Randy Wittman.  Loved Dominique but we never were a serious contender - I thought Nique tried to carry the team and do too much.  I went to the Omni and watched the Danny Manning team that was #1 seed and lost in the 2nd round.  I thought we had a good thing going with Shareef and Jason Terry.  Went to an autograph session that hardly anyone attended with Josh Smith, Zaza,   I suffered through the "Playoff Bound" Atlanta Hawks adds.   Just makes it sweeter now.  The Wizards were one hell of a tough team.  We had a 15 pt lead in the 4th quarter and they came back and took the lead.  Then Pierce makes a 3 pointer falling away to his left w/ Korver in his face.  No idea how he made that - not even sure I ever saw Larry Bird hit a shot like that, but it didn't count.  Great series by Teague, Carrol, Schröder, and Horford.  Hopefully Korver has a better series; Washington banged the sh---t out of him.  Do not have any predictions on the Cleveland series; however this is a huge step forward for the city of Atlanta to start respecting their pro hoops team.

• Like 2

First off, elated about the Hawks EC finals.  I started watching the Hawks back in the 80's when they first came on the Super Station - the teams that had Randy Wittman.  Loved Dominique but we never were a serious contender - I thought Nique tried to carry the team and do too much.  I went to the Omni and watched the Danny Manning team that was #1 seed and lost in the 2nd round.  I thought we had a good thing going with Shareef and Jason Terry.  Went to an autograph session that hardly anyone attended with Josh Smith, Zaza,   I suffered through the "Playoff Bound" Atlanta Hawks adds.   Just makes it sweeter now.  The Wizards were one hell of a tough team.  We had a 15 pt lead in the 4th quarter and they came back and took the lead.  Then Pierce makes a 3 pointer falling away to his left w/ Korver in his face.  No idea how he made that - not even sure I ever saw Larry Bird hit a shot like that, but it didn't count.  Great series by Teague, Carrol, Schröder, and Horford.  Hopefully Korver has a better series; Washington banged the sh---t out of him.  Do not have any predictions on the Cleveland series; however this is a huge step forward for the city of Atlanta to start respecting their pro hoops team.

One last thing. If it's 5 years ago, that game goes to OT.  That was too close to call by a human, but if they didn't have the instant replay they would have called it good.  That games goes to OT I don't see it turning the Hawks way; then we go to game 7. 

Screw the Wizards!!

This is about us.

No. The Wizz put up a valiant effort and played TENACIOUS D. Kudos to a worthy opponent, put up a much bigger fight than I imagined. Fortunately the Cavs aren't as difficult defensively. Hawks in 6...

Edited by hazer
  • Like 1

Anybody have a link to the Wizz equivalent to this page? I'd genuinely like to commend them on their team's valiant defensive effort. And maybe cuss Pierce...

Edited by hazer

If it was Lebron shooting it, that would've been and-1 with the replay mysteriously malfunctioning...

Can't forget a couple techs on Bud and Kyle.

I was highly impressed with the Wiz as well, namely Wittman and Beal. I will not miss that little bastard at all. When he wasn't ripping the cords his shot still dances softly on the rim until it falls. How perfect would he be for us? He's clearly studied Kyle extensively already.

Edited by benhillboy

Everybody loves their D, which was oustanding. But their offense was tearing us a new one with all those damn screens. Beal and Wall were coming off wide open a lot this series. I recall one play Beal ran along the baseline around 3 screens and Teague gave up after just the 2nd one. Beal popped up at the 3 point line and Teague was in the paint tryna box out. I couldnt even be mad at him. He and Schro took a beating against the Wiz.

• Premium Member

The Wiz played very well overall. Better than I was expecting. Things that impressed me.

1. Bradley Beal - would love him on our team

2. Wizards defense

3. Clutch shooting from pierce (can't stand him but he made big shots...even if some were after the buzzer).

4. Inbounds plays at the end of games from Wittman

5. Otto Porter - played very well as a sub